NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Doctson would have been my pick. I read a bunch of tweets and am a little more tolerant of the Fuller pick as Lance Zierline had him as his #1 WR. He is small, if he is the next Deshaun Jackson that works well for me as long as he doesn't get dumbass penalties like Deshaun Jackson likes to do!! Originally Posted by Daddio
Fair enough. It's just hard to know and it's all risky...at least I feel like the Texans are going in the right direction. I am honestly more worried about the Osweiler situation than anything with the draft.
Liliana, of the three "speed" receivers in the draft Fuller was thought to be the one with the lesser receiver skills. Doctson and Treadwell were considered to have more skills and they were available.
  • nu2
  • 04-30-2016, 07:43 AM
On day three of the NFL draft, will the Texans target a Tight End and give Brock one more weapon?
So far the Texans picks have been o.k. Fuller is a speed burner but on a scale of 1 to 10 his "hands" is only a 6. Not what you want on your deep threat. But he has speed to burn. The Center is a good solid pick as what he have is no great shakes and Filo who they took at the start of the second round 2 years ago is looking like a bust. Braxton Miller is an interesting pick. Little experience as a WR but was great as a QB for 1 season. Wonder if Texans will look at him as a 3rd QB also.

Meanwhile Jacksonville is loading up on A talent. Plus they have their high pick from last year coming back. If they are able to put it together they will be tough.

As for today I wonder if they go Dax Prescot in 4th.
Braxton miller is not playing quarterback so stop thinking that would be a dumb move
Braxton miller is not playing quarterback so stop thinking that would be a dumb move Originally Posted by jstone420
True...he couldn't even keep the QB job at OSU and even though he lost it due to an injury, if he was truly the best QB on their roster, he would have went right back to that position.

I am interested to see how the Texans use him though...I think it's a good pick
The only thing I hate is Derrick Henry will be in our division. Fucking Titans!!!
The only thing I hate is Derrick Henry will be in our division. Fucking Titans!!! Originally Posted by DarthMaul
^This and Jax loading up.
Braxton miller is not playing quarterback so stop thinking that would be a dumb move Originally Posted by jstone420
Based on how BoB had used people I could see him as the third and certainly emergency QB. I can also seer him using him in unique packages.
I wouldn't risk playing him at QB dude has the skills to become a serious weapon if used right
If the Texans "only" play him at QB, they're stupid...
Liliana, of the three "speed" receivers in the draft Fuller was thought to be the one with the lesser receiver skills. Doctson and Treadwell were considered to have more skills and they were available. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Neither Doctson or Treadwell are burners. Coleman and Fuller were the only two considered speed questions. I am kind of hopeful that Fuller can get his drop issue corrected. If you all don't remember the knock on Andre Johnson coming out was he caught too many balls with his body. So I am optimistic that this is something he can correct. You can learn to catch but not speed.
Texans Draft Post Mortem:

Unlike the first two drafts under the OBrien regime this one was really solid. I see no glaring WTF's like Louis Nix and Sua Filo.

In fact I give OB and Rick credit for having a plan and sticking to it. You can quibble about the first pick because there were other WR's that seemed to be better but if you look at his production in college he was definitely worth a high first round pick.

The other picks I love, I think we got a real return man for perhaps the first time in Texans history with the fourth pic. We got a nose tackle with good athleticism who will learn behind Wilfork.

And now I am anxious to see Rick Work his only real skill. Getting undrafted free agents who can immediately contribute. That is one thing he has always been good at.

I give it an A-
On 610 yesterday after the draft BoB said that as soon as they drafted Braxton he started thinking of different ways he could use his many talents. He seems to indicate that he will not be used as only a WR. Expect gadget plays in which he passes. I see him as being the 3rd or 4th WR and the 3rd QB.
yup, reverses, double reverses, wildcat, option, endless possibilities.