NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Are catholic priest ready for school buses to make their stop?! Hell yes I'm ready
For the first time in decades I didn't watch a single minute of the draft. I'm still sickened by the whole Michael Sam incident but more for how it was set up and the fallout from it.

I also can't stomach Chris Berman anymore.
For the first time in decades I didn't watch a single minute of the draft. I'm still sickened by the whole Michael Sam incident but more for how it was set up and the fallout from it.

I also can't stomach Chris Berman anymore. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I agree. That orchestrated "human interest" story of Sams and his little buddy, their celebratory Draft Cake, cameras all over the damned place.....it seemed like such a jump-the-shark moment for ESPN. They've gone way over the top trying to impress a younger audience that they are cool, hip and "with the times" for my taste.....Sportscenter used to be Can't Miss TV in the day....no mas....

Anyways....that said, I didn't watch one minute of it on TV either.....listened to the local radio broadcast (Dallas' The Ticket, 1310) while doing household chores. 'Course, it was somewhat a shock for the entire broadcast crew (and listeners, as well) when Day Two started and the Cowboys took injured LB, Jaylon Smith.

I guess we'll redshirt him and just wait till '17.....hope this owrks out.
If anyone is serious about the texans and wants to put some money on it PM me. Or any sports of that matter haha
Less than 3 weeks until rookies report for training camp!!!
Any good NFL football news channels other than ESPN and NFL Network? I'm boycotting ESPN. Just F'n sick and tired of their politicization of the sports world, specifically the NFL. The Michael Sam Incident, the Caitlyn Jenner "Woman of the Year", the "athletes need to make a statement" attitude and how every "dis" is a national emergency.

Listen to the radio
If anyone is serious about the texans and wants to put some money on it PM me. Or any sports of that matter haha Originally Posted by STZVEN

You might check with the moderators on this site regarding your advertisement. I thought offering an illegal service (book making) was against the rules.

I doubt JJ will be back for opener - it will be interesting to see if that affects team morale. Anyway Geaux Saints!
Wow. Not a single post about Buddy Ryan dying or GM Rick Smith signing an extension.

Where have you gone Bigkotex, a lowly forum turns it's eyes to you?
D.Hop is one stupid MoFo for giving in to the Texans front office. He is the ONLY offensive threat that the Texans have. Stupid f*ck
What was that...like a 2 day holdout
  • DJinn
  • 07-31-2016, 09:35 PM
I think he was just letting them know how unhappy he was. In the past ownership has taken the position that they will not negotiate with players who are not in camp. Usually, they will not extend a new contract to players until the last year. Watt was an exception, I am curious to see if they will do the same with Hopkins.
D.Hop should be unhappy he worked his ass off last year with two mediocre qbs snd inconsistency and still had a decent year. As the only wide recieving threat defenses double teamed him often and he still prevailed. Without him they would of had a shitier year last year.
  • DJinn
  • 07-31-2016, 10:09 PM
D.Hop should be unhappy he worked his ass off last year with two mediocre qbs snd inconsistency and still had a decent year. As the only wide recieving threat defenses double teamed him often and he still prevailed. Without him they would of had a shitier year last year. Originally Posted by blackrican11

I agree with that, they need to keep him happy. Plus, I believe it will be better for the cap of they give it to him this year. Waiting will only cost more.