NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Well if the first game yesterday was thrilling, the second one was surely the opposite of that!! All Steelers points from field goals!! Originally Posted by Solemate62
An ugly win for sure. Steelers dominated the stats but were lucky to win. Any road playoff win is good. Alex Smith missed some open receivers deep. Brady won't. Steelers can play better. They'll have to or watch the SB at home.
Steelers can play better. They'll have to or watch the SB at home. Originally Posted by bambino
^^^^
That ain't no lie...
About damn time. Here are some stats.

In 2015, 4 QBs combined for 28 TDs and 12 INTs. Offense scored 34 TDs. This year, Osweiler had 15 TDs and 16 INTs. Offense scored 23 TDs.

With QB problems, offense has gone from 17th to 19th to 29th this season when Osweiler became the starter. 31st in red zone TDs.

Next they need to bench Brock and get someone else although knowing Smith and O'Brien my guess is they stand pat and don't draft a QB in first or second round. Maybe a long shot in 3rd or 4th so they can tell everyone, "see we drafted a QB". Originally Posted by BigLouie
But weren't you just applauding the Cowboys for drafting Dak Prescott in the 4rth round? They already have a 4rth round long shot QB on the roster, Tom Savage. He's better than Oswieler.
They already have a 4rth round long shot QB on the roster, Tom Savage. He's better than Oswieler. Originally Posted by bambino
If he can stay healthy I sure hope so.

I have the feeling O'Brien just gave a rope to hang himself with by letting him finish the season.
The Texans have never had a top quality quarterback, except for a couple of good years from Schaub before his injuries. Time to suck it up and draft a top rated guy or buy a proven veteran like Minnesota did.
How did that work out in Minnesota?
How did that work out in Minnesota? Originally Posted by pyramider

Bradford set the NFL record for completion percentage this year. Got to have more than just a QB. Adrian Peterson was injured, so no running game.
Texans promoted Mike Vrabel to DC and made Romeo Crennel assistant HC. My guess is to keep Mike from leaving. Romeo probably retires next year.
What makes you think Rick Smith won't go for the trifecta by signing another unproven back up to a large contract?
Super Bowl 51 is set.

New England Patriots
vs
Atlanta Falcons

Who y'all got?
Super Bowl 51 is set.

New England Patriots
vs
Atlanta Falcons

Who y'all got? Originally Posted by kerwil62
NE, Belicheat and Brady have been there, done it. They're playing their best ball now. So is Atlanta. My money's on the Patriots.
  • Trey
  • 01-23-2017, 06:40 AM
I hope the pats get beat. And i really hope some hot ass hoes invade our city from hotlanta! If that happens i couldn't give less a fuck about the game.
I hope the pats get beat. And i really hope some hot ass hoes invade our city from hotlanta! Originally Posted by Trey
I feel you on BOTH of those statements lol
Super Bowl 51 is set.

New England Patriots
vs
Atlanta Falcons

Who y'all got? Originally Posted by kerwil62
Patriots of course.....not that I want them to win.

On a side note those two championship games were about the worst I've seen in a long time.
It would be nice if Atlanta could win