NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I can't put my finger on what it is why the Houston Texans just don't work for me. Basically it is because I am an old school football fan. Houston Texans are a relatively new franchise, their uniforms are not the classic style, not a fan of their colors and they play on artificial turf in a dome stadium.

I remember the Houston Oilers of the 80's through the mid 90's. I know they played in a dome on turf but, they had the cool uniforms and oil derrick logo and they had a wealth of talented pro bowl type players because it was pre salary cap era. That was good stuff.

BTW, I feel pretty much the same way about Dallas these days. At least they have kept the classic uniforms. That new Jerry World stadium pretty much ruined the Cowboys for me.
You got something against toilets that flush? Texas Stadium was such a turd that toilets rarely worked. The Oilers' colors being classic? Sort of hard to get a psychological edge on an opponent when you are wearing powder blue.
The Oilers' colors being classic? Sort of hard to get a psychological edge on an opponent when you are wearing powder blue. Originally Posted by pyramider
Point of order...that's Columbia Blue
And pretty damned close to Infantry Blue.

Our 11 series servicemen don't seem to be at a psychological disadvantage due to it.
  • nu2
  • 04-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Texans should trade up in the first round of this year's draft to get their quarterback. What do you think?
There is not a quarterback worth trading up.
Agree, no one worth a trade.
Agree, no one worth a trade. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Agreed...I am still saying Mahomes at 25th but if they can't is there a safety or tackle that looks good at that spot.

Maybe the Left Tackle from Alabama?
Is there a chance Rick Smith and BoB go into full panic mode after the first OTA and give up an arm and a leg to trade for Jimmy G?

They can't go into the new season with what they got at the QB now, can they?
Is there a chance Rick Smith and BoB go into full panic mode after the first OTA and give up an arm and a leg to trade for Jimmy G?

They can't go into the new season with what they got at the QB now, can they? Originally Posted by obiwansalami
They have done it before...
Go get jay cutler for a one year deal you have nothing to lose or roll with sorry Savage
  • nu2
  • 04-11-2017, 10:37 AM
In my opinion, it is starting to look like it is going to be sink or swim for Savage this year. No Cutler, no Kap, and maybe a rookie who can compete with Savage at some point in time for the starting QB position.
Just wondering, is AJ McCarron's mom still hot???

Imma jump on the Astros bandwagon.
Just wondering, is AJ McCarron's mom still hot???

. Originally Posted by O'Mike

https://twitter.com/DeeDeeMcCarron/media?lang=en