NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I agree about the sample size. To some extent in football but more true in basketball its about match ups.

Brandin Cook has been on a couple of my fantasy teams. He'll get concussed or injured and never heard from again.
I know this is a NFL football thread, but 'STROOOOOOS!!! Let's Go 'Stros!! #HTX
Texans are bad, real bad. BOB left the team with no draft choices, over paid so so players and a terrible coaching staff. We have a GM with no real football experience, no experience evaluating players. At the end of the season everyone but Cal needs to be fired and maybe have Cal sell the team
Correct BL. As I pointed out during the Hopkins trade, BoB crippled the team so that they wouldn't fire him. I guess Cal proved me wrong.

Same situ in Dallas except they have some talent. Mac needs to go.

Who's officially in the Trevor Lawrence race?
I've been telling y'all that Cal is in over his head.

The Texans need to be playing for the #1 overall pick and if that happens to be Trevor Lawrence so be it.
At least by that point, hopefully, they will have a competent GM and Head coach in place hired by the GM and Cal lets them do their jobs.
Several names are said to be on the trade block but unless it's a slam dunk for multiple high round draft picks they need to hold on to what they have and let the new GM make his own personnel decisions to fit the needs of the coach he hires.

Doing it any other way is prolonging the misery.
No way the McNair family sells the team.
Agree about selling the team.

Saw The Herd briefly and Colin suggested JJ Watt go to the Seahawks. Gotta be honest, JJ will not see a Superbowl run with the Texans.
I thought they traded their #1 to the fish!
I've been telling y'all that Cal is in over his head.

The Texans need to be playing for the #1 overall pick and if that happens to be Trevor Lawrence so be it.
At least by that point, hopefully, they will have a competent GM and Head coach in place hired by the GM and Cal lets them do their jobs. Originally Posted by boardman
I thought they traded their #1 to the fish!
I thought they traded their #1 to the fish! Originally Posted by SLAMMAN
Yeah, that's right.
They are so fucked!
Don't worry, the Jets have this!

They aren't firing their coach so they can lock into Trevor.

Amazing how many teams only have 0 or 1 wins.
I wonder how many Texans said "Trade me!" but didn't get traded. Supposedly GB is looking at Will Fuller. Dunno why, he's injury prone.

Time to start cleaning house.
Notice how Fuller is a little less injury prone now that he's getting more targets? The fact that he is a 2021 UFA certainly adds some motivation to play through some minor bumps and bruises that he has sat out for in the past.

The Texans need to accumulate some high picks that BoB pissed away. A GB 1st rd pick would be in the high 20s at least. If the Texans can get a 1st rd pick for Fuller then go for it... otherwise GB, or anyone else, can fuck off.
Read an article today where JJ said he couldn't wait around to rebuilt. Other than cap considerations, why didn't the Texans try to move him? Didn't anyone at least offer a 2nd rounder for him? Or did the Texans not even try to shop him as some type of "coach bait?"
Read an article today where JJ said he couldn't wait around to rebuilt. Other than cap considerations, why didn't the Texans try to move him? Didn't anyone at least offer a 2nd rounder for him? Or did the Texans not even try to shop him as some type of "coach bait?" Originally Posted by gnadfly
I think it really came down to not knowing what the fuck they are doing personnel wise. There should have been some kind of market but then again at 31 yo and 17.5 million due to him next year I'm not sure he was going to bring a 2nd rd pick. There will be pretty good defensive linemen available in the 2nd rd in the 2021 draft that won't have to be paid nearly as much and won't be UFA after 1 season.

For a team that maybe needed a dominant DL to shore up an already strong defense for a championship run it might have been a good move. I'm honestly not sure who that would have been though. Titans maybe? Watt and Clowney back on the same team coached by Vrabel. That would be interesting.

Of course the fan base would have revolted regardless. Trading him to the Titans would have been a disaster.