NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Congrats to the Texans for an asswhipping well done by winning their first playoff game! I'm surprised that damn roof at Reliant Stadium didn't collapse knowing how loud it was in that muthafucka!!
  • Trey
  • 01-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Been lots of complaints about roof being closed but it helps the crowd noise I guess.
Been lots of complaints about roof being closed but it helps the crowd noise I guess. Originally Posted by trey
It's all about the visiting team! There is no doubt in my mind that due to the noise factor, Cincy wanted the roof open. That being the case, I would prefer it closed! This is supposed to be our home field advantage, not theirs!
  • Satin
  • 01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Well, we might not ever experience another moment like that for a while...we parted til 6 am. The only thing that can compare are the Rockets championships...

I'm still hungover, but I have to say being there; that Watts interception was the play and turning point of the game. Until that, we were on pins and needles and the offense and defense seemed sort of out of sinc.

So how far can we go? A loss to the Ravens would be disappointing, but I feel good about what we did to this point. Ok Flaco, Rice, Ray-Ray, here we come fellas.....
Word is Daniels has a broken hand :/
Satin... Alka-Seltzer works wonders!!

Most dangerous Under-Rated Football team.... NFC=Giants.... AFC=TEXANS
Ravens will be TOUGH! We have a lot in common w/them... Strong-arm Defense, Excellent Running Game, and a "?" mark at QB... we are mirror images... Their players have more playoff experience,,, our coach has more Super Bowl Experience... Texans have gained playoff momentum going in,,, Ravens have home-field... Gotta feeling it will be like one of those 12rd fights where neither one goes down,, maybe even going OT ?? ...I'm get into more details later.. Right now I'll have my coffee, Alka-Selzter, and try to remember what happened last night! LOL

Holy Shit Don... U got me looking bout that possible OD injury and here it is.. NEXT MAN UP!?
... Also Texans grant Phillips permission to interview for Buc's head coach job. One of the reasons why I tell the doubters "fuck next year!" We gotta think NOW OR NEVER!

Here are some pics

Gotta give Tebow his props today. He stepped up and threw the football on Pittsburgh. Anybody betting on Texans v. Broncos for the AFC Championship?

DENVER - One of the most storied NFL playoff teams ran into a rejuvenated Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos.

Sorry, Pittsburgh Steelers.

The magic is back.

Tebow connected with Demaryius Thomas on an electrifying 80-yard touchdown pass on the first play of overtime and the Broncos defeated the stunned Steelers 29-23 in the AFC wild-card game on Sunday.

Thomas hauled in a high play-action pass at the Denver 38, stiff-armed Ike Taylor and then outraced Ryan Mundy to the end zone. Tebow knelt in his own end zone, pounding a fist in triumph before taking a victory lap in jubilation.

Behind Tebow's 316 yards passing, the Broncos (9-8) are heading to New England for a second-round game against the top-seeded Patriots on Saturday night.

The Steelers (12-5) lost despite Ben Roethlisberger rallying Pittsburgh from a two-touchdown halftime deficit with 10 points in the final 10 minutes.
This really sucks because it basically gives NE a free ride to the tittle-game, and they keep home-field advantage. And asking Houston to win at Baltimore and at New England is a bit much. A home game against the Seelers would have been manageable, very disappointed at Pitt..
All you Texans fans need to STOP DREAMING!!!!

They won't make the playoffs, AGAIN... Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I was wrong and as much as it PAINS me to say it...nice season Texans fans

Superbowl prediction..................

DALLAS COWBOYS AND THE NY JETS...............

Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE
How'd that work out for you Ike
Oh yeah, I forgot, neither made the playoffs
The CowGIRLS aren't even going to win their DIVISION!!!
They do have lovely cheerleaders though Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Right on BOTH of these

Tell ya what...

If the Texans make the playoffs and my Steelers don't...

I'll buy you a session, with the lady of your choice! That's how confident I am in my Steelers and your Texans

There..is that good enough for ya playa Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Well, since both of us made the playoffs and my STEELERS got beat by God's nephew and the rest of the Broncos...I still got ya playa, whatever you want

Ike Taylor & William Gay can kiss my jus' sayin'
LOL...........Yeah, I'll take that...............So how do you really feel about it DED......lol
  • Satin
  • 01-08-2012, 09:00 PM
First, to my homie DED, man I appreciate it, but the bet kinda ended in a "tie", but I appreciate your honesty and integrity bro. I'm just glad to see you back on here posting again. You were cool enough to call me after the game before I could call you...lol. I know injuries are part of the game, but I feel even the majic of Tebow wouldn't have overcome the Steelers if they had all their players playing and Big Ben was healthy.

To Don: Man I hit my 4 team parlay...Texans, Saints, Giants and Broncos...
I also hit some over and under plays...(Foster +105 yards, Saints game over) so it was a good and very profitable weekend.

Man fucking Tebow is one sick dude...wow! I can't believe it.

Anybody fired up for the Championship Game tomorrow?

Cat-Man, dude I think you're pussy-whupped....lmao...
I introduced her to you to hit it one time....not everytime we go....lol
First, to my homie DED, man I appreciate it, but the bet kinda ended in a "tie", Originally Posted by Satin
Yeah...but y'all are still playing so I got ya

Man fucking Tebow is one sick dude...wow! I can't believe it... Originally Posted by Satin
Does Tebow attend Brentwood on Sundays when he ain't playing ball playa
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
DAMN...I know this dude, he owns a Car Shop on the SW side
The NFL POst game show gave a really good analysis of what happenned to the Steeler Defense, one of the top in the league, against Denver.

Against a "normal' NFL offense, all the defense has to counter is two senarios, the running game where the quater back hands it off, and the passing game. With the option offense, they have a third dimension, the quarter back running as well. The quarterback running senario really is helped when you have a full back playing quarterback.

Pittsburg just bought into the "fact" that Tim Tebow cannot throw the ball. They geared everything toward the run, leaving single man coverage, and the results speak for themselves.

Granted, a really good high school quarterback could have made those passes, but I doubt he could have made the runs that Tebow made which made those throws possible.