Penn State Sanctioned

I heard they replaced Joe's statue with this....

• WTF
  • 07-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I heard they replaced Joe's statue with this....

Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

TFF...I knew you were good for something!

Question... which programs do you haters think generates the revenue so that these split tails can get scholarships to play volleyball or softball? Hint, two sports and they are both male.

One starts with a Foot and ends with a ball, the other starts with a Basket and ends with a ball.

The men are the reason that women can even get a free ride.
The men are the reason that women can even get a free ride. Originally Posted by WTF
Women are the reason men give the women a free ride
  • WTF
  • 07-26-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.perelman-pioneer.com/?author=2

Penn State’s football program will be decimated for years to come, but what of the impact on Penn State’s other teams? The school fields a total of 29 teams, 15 in men’s sports and 14 in women’s sports, of which football is only one.
Will the 28 non-football teams, none of whom had any involvement in the Sandusky abuse scandal, continue to be funded in view of the significantly-reduced revenue to be available to the Penn State athletic department? According to the required school reports, Penn State collected $116.1 million in athletic department revenues for 2011 and spent $101.3 million, requiring no contribution of funds from the university’s general fund or any state funds, one of only eight completely-self-funding Division-I public schools. And of that total, football accounted for 62.7% of the revenue, providing a surplus of $53.2 million to support other Penn State sports programs...

...Make no mistake, the outnumbered, but highly-vocal opponents of commercialized intercollegiate (as opposed to intramural) athletics are fairly drooling at the opportunity presented by the Sandusky scandal to try and bring further “reforms” to universities across the country. Watch for this minority to be considerably emboldened and – as is typical for university professors – demand hundreds of thousands of dollars for “studies” of this issue, with the inevitable list of recommendations to tear down the stadiums and move those funds away from coaches and into academics.
When Boards of Trustees look closely at the numbers, however, the key question will be how much of the athletic department revenue (ticket sales, sponsorships, television fees, licensing and donations) simply vanishes once athletic programs are eliminated . . . leaving a redistribution total of zero