Can you decipher what bitten said here SPEED do you possibly have the decoder ring!!?? I did understand the part where he said "makes no sense"...he's right about that!!

While we can agree that the popular vote is NOT a metric for electing a President , some sources say: There is no legal or constitutional definition of what a landslide election is. Like your source, for example. Some people say: "It usually means exceeding expectations and being somewhat overwhelming". Like your source, for example - which raises the question, was the electoral vote count of Trump 304, Hillary 227, Other 7 (according to achives.gov), when measured against the Five38 poll the day of the election, which projected Hillary at 302 vs Trump at 235 electoral votes "...exceeding expectations and being somewhat overwhelming".

I would say it was and believe that GEPOTUS would agree . Clearly Hillary might say it was soul crushing and wonder What Happened - endlessly. But I would counter argue that she has no soul.

BTW: One might also calculate ((227/304)*100) to yield a 75% margin of victory Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Yes, there is no true definition of what constitutes a landslide election in the POTUS election. However, there are several ways to look at the subject and the only way that anyone would describe Trump's victory as a "landslide" is the "he did better than expected" argument. A rather weak argument at best.

Trump lost the popular vote. He won 4 states by between .2% and 1.2%. Very rarely in the history of this country seen an election decided by such a small number of votes in such a few states.

"A landslide victory in politics is an election in which the victor wins by an overwhelming margin."

https://www.thoughtco.com/definition...ection-3367585

"There isn't really a specific margin to a landslide victory but a good ballpark figure to go by would be 70% representation."

https://politics.stackexchange.com/q...ictory-is/9649

"Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight also looked at Trump’s victory in historical context and concluded it was “a bit Orwellian to call it a ‘landslide’ or a ‘blowout.'”

Silver found that the percentage of electoral vote won by Trump — 56.9 percent — was well below the historical average, 70.9 percent. Silver found that Trump’s share of electoral votes ranked 44th out of 54 elections going back to 1804. Before that, he noted, “presidential electors cast two votes each, making it hard to compare them to present-day elections.”"

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/11/trump-landslide-nope/
I will let elected politicians in this country decide what is the best way to go Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Yeah that's your problem let Gumment tell us...just like this disaster that is unfolding by FORCING millions of business to close and skyrocketing FORCED unemployment. Now millions have to rely on the Gumment to survive...what BULLSHIT!!

You're in favor of what our founding father feared...AUTHORITARIAN Gumment. The Gumment over reach in this disaster is becoming nationwide...and most of it from left. The democrap Governor from MI might face a recall over this and the new democrap governor from KY went after the people for wanting to have services IN THEIR CARS!! This stuff is a REAL THREAD to our civil liberties.

There are stories EVERYWHERE about people being ticketed and or arrested for exercising the rights given to them by our PESKY constitution. If this isn't authoritarian rule than what is. President Reagan said it best..."the Gumment is the problem not the solution". He is and was DEAD right!!

The founding fathers wanted the Gumment to fear the people but it has turned into the people fearing the Gumment...LIMITED Gumment is what they wanted and the Gumment has been over reaching for far too long, but your philosophy...
I will let elected politicians in this country decide what is the best way to go Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Public health should supersede all, don’t yous think, beebsy?

I have heard that Americans were getting tickets but hadn’t seen too many stories all overs the place.

Please link to a few of them, from all over the place.

Not that I don’t believed you, but I needs proof.
Is that enough for ya' just the first page many more pages!!
A lot of them are for violating gumment implemented RULES...COMPLETE BULLSHIT!!

google is your friend...

Search Results

Top stories
3 dozen arrested for ignoring social distancing
order

FOX 5 DC·20 hours ago

Pensacola Police Chief issues statement
regarding viral Easter party

WEAR·3 hours ago

More for arrests for social distancing
Web results

34 people arrested in Maryland for violating social distancing ...

www.fox5dc.com › news › 34-people-arrested-in-maryland-for-violatin...

3 dozen arrested for ignoring social distancing order. Maryland State Police say so far police have arrested 34 people for violating new rules related to the ...

NYPD's Aggressive Policing Risks Spreading the Coronavirus

theintercept.com › nypd-social-distancing-arrests-coronavirus

Apr 3, 2020 - Violating social distancing is not a crime per se, but each of the individuals arrested was charged with obstructing governmental administration, ...

6 days ago - A doctor in Louisville, Ky., was arrested and charged with strangulation after a fight ensued with teens over not following social distancing ...
Former police officer arrested in park for throwing ball with ...

abcnews.go.com › story

7 days ago - Police arrest father at park over alleged coronavirus social distancing concernsMatt Mooney was tossing a softball in a mostly empty park with ...

Arrested For Violating Coronavirus Stay-At-Home Mandates ...

www.forbes.com › sites › alexandrasternlicht › 2020/04/06 › arrested-...

Apr 6, 2020 - Topline: Local police in the U.S. are arresting people who fail to comply with social distancing and stay-at-home orders. The American Civil ...

To Enforce Social Distancing Rules, Cops Fined a ...

reason.com › 2020/04/07 › to-enforce-social-distancing-rules-cops-fi...

Apr 7, 2020 - In New York City, where the COVID-19 outbreak is most severe right now, police have been arresting people for violating social distancing ...

Rapid Activation of Social Distancing Arrests Epidemic ...

www.medscape.com › viewarticle

Background: Social distancing interventions such as school closure and prohibition of public gatherings are present in pandemic influenza preparedness plans.

Police arrest and fine people who violate social distancing

www.cnn.com › 2020/03/31 › violating-coronavirus-orders-trnd

Apr 1, 2020 - Across the nation, people are under strict orders to follow social distancing guidelines in order to lower the risk of coronavirus spreading.

Social distancing fines: How they are working and not working ...

www.cnn.com › 2020/04/11 › politics › behind-social-distancing-fines

3 days ago - In Florida, authorities arrested a pastor for continuing to hold large services, charging him with two second-degree

Thank yous. Clearly all of these people were endangering the public health.
Wrong your worship of authoritarian rule is endangering our civil liberties, but you leftwingers are OK with more gumment overreach. The almighty gummment is your savior...as long as the left is in control and those are the states run by the democraps that love the power grab and want the shutdown to last as long as possible. You didn't understand the thread I started about the house majority leader went that was the topic and I had a picture of his ugly mug right there and you were completely lost
You were posting about something you know nothing about AGAIN!!
Wrong your worship of authoritarian rule is endangering our civil liberties, but you leftwingers are OK with more gumment overreach. The almighty gummment is your savior...as long as the left is in control and those are the states run by the democraps that love the power grab and want the shutdown to last as long as possible. You didn't understand the thread I started about the house majority leader went that was the topic and I had a picture of his ugly mug right there and you were completely lost
You were posting about something you know nothing about AGAIN!! Originally Posted by bb1961
Don’t get your knickers all in a twist, beebsy. Steny Hoyers isn’t a household name for us. I do keep up with US politics but I don’t know the name of every idiot on the dais.

Yous do have an interesting way of explaining who he is though.

Thanks for that, buddy!

Out of all the millions of Canadians yous are the only faux Canuk that is posting here
Yeah that's your problem let Gumment tell us...just like this disaster that is unfolding by FORCING millions of business to close and skyrocketing FORCED unemployment. Now millions have to rely on the Gumment to survive...what BULLSHIT!!

You're in favor of what our founding father feared...AUTHORITARIAN Gumment. The Gumment over reach in this disaster is becoming nationwide...and most of it from left. The democrap Governor from MI might face a recall over this and the new democrap governor from KY went after the people for wanting to have services IN THEIR CARS!! This stuff is a REAL THREAD to our civil liberties.

There are stories EVERYWHERE about people being ticketed and or arrested for exercising the rights given to them by our PESKY constitution. If this isn't authoritarian rule than what is. President Reagan said it best..."the Gumment is the problem not the solution". He is and was DEAD right!!

The founding fathers wanted the Gumment to fear the people but it has turned into the people fearing the Gumment...LIMITED Gumment is what they wanted and the Gumment has been over reaching for far too long, but your philosophy... Originally Posted by bb1961
You do realize that Trump supports the shut down?
No, SpeedRacerXXX, he doesn’t. All I see in his postings is vitriol, angers and personal frustrations, all wrapped up into an aggressive and hostile tone, directed primarily at one poster, SAD.

Your freedom does not include the right to endanger others, beebsy.

That is something that the So-called Real American liberty loving patriots doesn’t understand.

Beebsy would infect thousands with a killer virus justs to make a point. The most dangerous type of idealogue.

I think we’ve all seen enough to know he knows what’s best for us.
Public health should supersede all, don’t yous think, beebsy?

I have heard that Americans were getting tickets but hadn’t seen too many stories all overs the place.

Please link to a few of them, from all over the place.

Not that I don’t believed you, but I needs proof. Originally Posted by HoeHummer
Public health supersedes many things but not all things.

Some things are worse than even death.

Some freedoms are so important it is necessary to risk death to defend them. I believe you performed your duty, reluctantly but under obligation along those lines during the Vietnam War, yes?

(In retrospect, perhaps I should apologize to you for criticizing your non combat role as short sighted and petty on my part. So, I apologize for that)
No. Why would you says that?

“Life,” is the first word, eh, fredsy? As in Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Can’t have the second two if some yahoo deliberately threatens the first.

And I’m not talking about unborn fetuses heres.

Fortunately, I live in a much less zealous place, eh.
  • oeb11
  • 04-15-2020, 08:54 AM
Public health supersedes many things but not all things.

Some things are worse than even death.

Some freedoms are so important it is necessary to risk death to defend them. I believe you performed your duty, reluctantly but under obligation along those lines during the Vietnam War, yes?

(In retrospect, perhaps I should apologize to you for criticizing your non combat role as short sighted and petty on my part. So, I apologize for that) Originally Posted by friendly fred

YR served in the US Military - in Viet nam - I doubt that. Another Fascist DPST Lie!
Just looking for the slightest bit of believeability. I doubt any need to apologize after all the abusive behavior of the poster.