What is "The Conference Room?"

I will participate in a "forum" that has zero tolerance for personal attacks. But only if it is an open thread, visible to all who want to read or participate.

Closed "Conference Rooms" disguised as elevated discussion areas on weighty topics is of no interest to me. For that kind of conversations there are better blogs/web sites to participate.
test...
I'd love a clean break from the chimp talk.
If you are seriously interested in participating in the new forum, please let me know by posting here or sending me a PM. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Hey CM, I would like an invite please. I pushed for a no name-calling political forum back when they were contemplating splitting them off. This forum is basically dead now with no substance and all insults. Count me in!
Your view is quite distorted. Did we not have a civil thread at my behest? Yes, we did. Tell the truth, Moonbat. You want a forum where you won't be challenged, even in a civil manner. You can't handle it, so you are going to take your ball and run home. Good luck! Enjoy your little kingdom. Oh, btw, you still sound stupid. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yet another delusional post from you. What a surprise! (And it's still funny to see the loon who's arguably this forum's #1 conspiracy monger refer to someone else as "Moonbat!")

Yes, you did start a civil FairTax discussion thread -- AFTER the one you filled with all insults and no substance. (However, it was clear that you didn't make any effort to learn anything about the issue, even during the second discussion.) The problem arose again when you thereafter began insulting and attacking me in other threads. It seemed that anyone who would dare blaspheme your beloved FairTax.org website needed to be destroyed at all costs, and that you continually harbored a grudge. You seemingly never had a clue that the website is aimed solely at people who suffer from a severe case of ignorance or innumeracy (or some combination of both). That's why no one takes it seriously. Its most fundamental claims are wildly exaggerated and simply fraudulent. Get over it. (Of course, you probably think there's a big conspiracy to cover up the truth.)

Not only are you an ideal poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger effect, you're an appropriate avatar for what's wrong with this forum. When discussing an issue with someone who disagrees with a point you make (or refutes it outright, as was the case with many of the FairTax discussion posts), it's not enough to just continue claiming that the other person "sounds stupid," while demonstrating your own ignorance and failing to make a single coherent argument in support of your position. That doesn't work for me, and I doubt that it works for many other people, either. And it really, really doesn't work well to falsely claim to have taught (at the university level, no less!) a subject that you clearly know little about. Yet that's exactly what you did when you realized that the "debate" had gone into the toilet for you. Amazing!

The Conference Room is for discussion of matters concerning finance, markets, and investments; subjects about which you probably have little curiosity and even less knowledge.

The Political Forum, on the other hand, has devolved into a cesspool wherein well over 90% of the posts are nothing more than juvenile insults, and in which it seems to be getting rarer and rarer for anyone to even remotely attempt to discuss issues in a reasoned manner. In other words, it's nicely suited to your level of intelligence, maturity, and temperament.

Enjoy!
The court finally gets it right!

If I owned Bass Pro Shops, I'd be bracing myself for the angry looters!

http://www.theonion.com/video/judge-...ck-adul,18896/

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Yet another delusional post from you. What a surprise! (And it's still funny to see the loon who's arguably this forum's #1 conspiracy monger refer to someone else as "Moonbat!")

Yes, you did start a civil FairTax discussion thread -- AFTER the one you filled with all insults and no substance. (However, it was clear that you didn't make any effort to learn anything about the issue, even during the second discussion.) The problem arose again when you thereafter began insulting and attacking me in other threads. It seemed that anyone who would dare blaspheme your beloved FairTax.org website needed to be destroyed at all costs, and that you continually harbored a grudge. You seemingly never had a clue that the website is aimed solely at people who suffer from a severe case of ignorance or innumeracy (or some combination of both). That's why no one takes it seriously. Its most fundamental claims are wildly exaggerated and simply fraudulent. Get over it. (Of course, you probably think there's a big conspiracy to cover up the truth.)

Not only are you an ideal poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger effect, you're an appropriate avatar for what's wrong with this forum. When discussing an issue with someone who disagrees with a point you make (or refutes it outright, as was the case with many of the FairTax discussion posts), it's not enough to just continue claiming that the other person "sounds stupid," while demonstrating your own ignorance and failing to make a single coherent argument in support of your position. That doesn't work for me, and I doubt that it works for many other people, either. And it really, really doesn't work well to falsely claim to have taught (at the university level, no less!) a subject that you clearly know little about. Yet that's exactly what you did when you realized that the "debate" had gone into the toilet for you. Amazing!

The Conference Room is for discussion of matters concerning finance, markets, and investments; subjects about which you probably have little curiosity and even less knowledge.

The Political Forum, on the other hand, has devolved into a cesspool wherein well over 90% of the posts are nothing more than juvenile insults, and in which it seems to be getting rarer and rarer for anyone to even remotely attempt to discuss issues in a reasoned manner. In other words, it's nicely suited to your level of intelligence, maturity, and temperament.

Enjoy! Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
I'll take that as a "maybe"
I'll take that as a "maybe" Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
So, now you're saying that you want to be put down as a "maybe?"

I thought you indicated earlier that you were a firm "no."

You sure are a decisive old curmudgeon!
I'd be interested Captain. This forum is nothing but pig wrestling.
It was why it was formed to keep us cretins in one spot.

You sure are a decisive old curmudgeon! Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
What's the over/under on his first name-calling meltdown?

You sure are a decisive old curmudgeon! Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
So I'm in? WOO-HOO!!!
So I'm in? WOO-HOO!!! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Good stay there gramps.