Does the hobby vernacular ever sneak into your RL?

In Vegas, I drove by BJ's Buffet... should have gone in, but my SO was with me...
We can all certainly relate to this one. From the "What on Earth" catalog.

Attachment 311751
Have to stop from laughing because CIM is an acronym for a system where I work.
We can all certainly relate to this one. From the "What on Earth" catalog.

Attachment 311751 Originally Posted by PDid
Saw this in the store and had to take a pic! ROFLMAO

IMG_20131108_163356438.jpg
I do reference checks on people as a part of my job. The other day a colleague asked me what I was working on and I blurted out, "I have a couple of reviews to finish."
The Tourist section on Greece in the book store has a whole new meaning. Happened to be shopping and smiled when I passed all the books saying ''Greek Isles''. I may indeed need a vacation soon!

Also happened to see licence plates stating DFK then followed by another with CIM. What a way to start the morning!
The worst was when I was I was driving down the street and my teenage daughter told my ex-wife that all her school friends thought my ex was a MILF.
  • Netx9
  • 06-21-2014, 02:07 PM
The worst was when I was I was driving down the street and my teenage daughter told my ex-wife that all her school friends thought my ex was a MILF. Originally Posted by Bigandbad1959
Would that make an ex a MIUTLTF?

(I Used To Like To)

Just drove by a "Red Box"... Ewwwww

Also ran across this in a search once...

http://www.cim.edu/

Please let me know if you've graduated from there! Originally Posted by Netx9
So I clicked on the .edu site netx linked earlier in this thread just to see what it was..sure a college music sight, but do not visit that site with friends...says CIM EVERYWHERE! such as a link to this article titled... "ChamberFest Cleveland celebrates “Three,” starting and ending at CIM". They must have had a hell of a night!
I've used "greek" accidently instead of anal before. Thank goodness it wasn't near my former PI friend or the jig would have been up.
I've used "greek" accidently instead of anal before. Thank goodness it wasn't near my former PI friend or the jig would have been up. Originally Posted by SAangel27
Lol, I did the same thing before to someone and they were like..''What's that??'' Funny thing is other people laughed while one guy didn't get it.
  • Netx9
  • 06-23-2014, 06:52 AM
http://www.cim.edu Originally Posted by Netx9
So I clicked on the .edu site netx linked earlier in this thread just to see what it was..sure a college music sight, but do not visit that site with friends...says CIM EVERYWHERE! such as a link to this article titled... "ChamberFest Cleveland celebrates “Three,” starting and ending at CIM". They must have had a hell of a night! Originally Posted by Dr. Dew
Tried clicking the link from a phone browser.... It routes to a mobile option page....

http://www.cim.edu/mobilebridge.php

I guess there is now a mobile app for CIM! Guess there really is an app for everything

This guy looks pretty happy!

And I guess you can get a career in CIM!

lol---I was driving thru the midwest and noticed a billboard that said "Doing it in the dark can be so much more fun!"...It was an ad for a cave that people can sightsee in the dark with blacklights...lol

Then I was at a Culvers grabbing lunch......my SO was ordering a chicken dinner...he asked the lady if it was extra for an all breast dinner.....and then he says "I dont mind paying extra"......I had to snicker to myself!
1. Omaha NE has a campaign for people to buy local, the billboards read:

BUY THE BIG O

I had to laugh.

2. The other night my SO said she almost blew my cover, I told her I didn't like covers for that....she didn't get it, I didn't think it prudent to explain it to her.