Michele Bachmann Says If You Are Unemployed, You Should Starve

Are they formerly "disgruntled" or currently "gruntled." I didn't quite get your post. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
QUESTION: Is a pig suffering with laryngitis "disgruntled"?
The Lord Jesus Himself was a property owner.
This is the reason He told His apostle that
Mary was his mother now and the apostle
was Mary's son now. Women could not
own property. Evidently Jesus had concerns
that His brothers wouldn't be just with Mary.

The passage regarding Him telling a young
rich man to sell/give (depends on translation)
his belongings was not unbidden. The young
man was asking Jesus what he could do to
ensure his place in heaven. After Jesus gave
a few rejoinders; to whit the young man
quipped he had done them all. Jesus perceived
the youth's vanity and shot him down.
Too bad for that young man, he was given
the easiest shot at immortality and reknown.
Jesus did not tell the lad to give his wealth
to the throne or the temple.

Regarding render unto Ceasar:
1- It was a comment directed at corrupt priests
trying to get Jesus heard making a comment
counter to the will of Ceasar. He didn't fall
for it. If you read the passage this is all explained.
2-I'm sure the Tories circa 1774-1784 tried this
argument then- God fearing Americans didn't
buy it then when the taxes in question didn't
even break 2% of most people.

If you lived in Judea @ the time of Jesus.
You were not a free man you were the
subject of Octavian Augustus Ceasar.
Not a citizen; just a subject- one level
up from slaves. Even citizens were
subjects- only they had rights the
govt chose to recognize....usually.

Jesus never spoke against slavery.
He healed valued slaves of His believers.
Yeah, it's kinda odd viewed with our
cultural albeit anglo mores.
Slavery existed for millenia in many
cultures with nary a problem with it.
Hell it exists in non-anglo centric today.
But the christian whites couldn't deal
with it in under 300 years. Apart from
that once the anglo powers decided
slavery would be abolished. It was,
and is, opposed in the western
christian nations.
.....but it flourishes in the muslim territories.

Lastly Jesus said He did not come to refute
Scripture, but to fulfill it.
Genesis 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread,
till thou return unto the ground.....
This is the Word of God.

selah
I think Michele Bachmann would be a horrible President, but I don't think she wants unemployed people to starve. She wants them to work.
I think Michele Bachmann would be a horrible President, but I don't think she wants unemployed people to starve. She wants them to work. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I think you are right but ................... without the protection of minimum wage. To be competitive with China we have to be willing to work for $2.00 per hour or less or whatever the big fat cats want to give us.
Without sick leave, without paid vacation, without everything.
Professionals in china make wages commensurate
with their western counterparts. Paying chinese
labor the same as western labor is screwy. You
would up end their society. No longer would
doctors, engineers, and machinists be the top
breadwinners. No the kid stitching softballs at
AFLCIO wages makes more than they do.

Minimum wages destroy jobs.
Minimum wage is for newbs and losers.
If you think we would be serfs if business had
no minimum wage you clearly have no clue
how business works.

As a competitor I could headhunt all the select
employees from their Hetty Green mgmt.
In short order HG could either cede larger
and larger market share to me; bankruptcy
to follow. Or HG mgmt could try to hire back
with promises of bigger pay. This would play
out until the market dictated how much
the avg wage would be.

Why do google, microsoft, apple, etc
have such frill loaded campuses?

Minimum wages only keep unskilled people unemployed.
That's why dems like min wag-voter retention.
Minimum wage is for newbs and losers.

Minimum wages only keep unskilled people unemployed.
That's why dems like min wag-voter retention. Originally Posted by anaximander
Wow that is pretty cold hearted to say the least and shows me you really do live in that "bubble".

There is a little old lady who worked for an energy company for close to 17 years and they recently had layoffs and her job was one that was cut. She is 63 years old and could not for the life of her get a job afterwards in the same field not because she wasn't skilled but because they didn't want to hire someone her age. She now works minimum wage at the local Burger King. In my book she is not a loser, she is someone who could easily take unemployment but chooses to work even though she is clearly over qualified for that cashier position.

I think we will see more and more skilled workers having to work for minimum wage as things get more dire with the unemployment in this country.
Minimum wages only keep unskilled people unemployed. Originally Posted by anaximander
Wow! I'm outta here before I say something and get myself banned.
TopCat
Wow! I'm outta here before I say something and get myself banned.
TopCat Originally Posted by topcat19542001
Naw you won't get banned they set it up in here so that anyone can have a "no holds barred" playground in here. Just re-read the rules for this forum and you will see what I am talking about!

Kisses!
GP
And I use that term loosely applied here.

It is an indictment of sheik husseins energy
policy that any power companies are having
layoffs. That old woman should be at her old
job instead of exacerbating the young adult
unemployment problem.

Lol your old lady sob story proved my point
whether you realize it or not. BK chose the
experienced midskilled worker over the
unexperienced yutz young or not.

But that's what the commie class warfare dolts
want. More young people unemployed and
resentful of old people. You can't have a
revolution with fat employed self-occupied
Yuppies. mene mene tekel upharsin

My bubble is called Texas.
I look like a redskin, long hair and all.
Nobody plays favorites with me.

Old lady should be provided for by her children.

And even so.
You can do everything right.
Be the way you are expected to be.
And still get screwed....hard.
It's called life. Call yourself lucky that
it left you with anything to start the
next day with; normally it doesn't for
the majority of life forms on this planet.

Suck it up and rise above it.

Gp the rabble you so want to identify with
would tear you apart and ruin any material
you valued or cherished.
People like me would hunt those godless rats down.
I think you are right but ................... without the protection of minimum wage. To be competitive with China we have to be willing to work for $2.00 per hour or less or whatever the big fat cats want to give us.
Without sick leave, without paid vacation, without everything. Originally Posted by waverunner234
There are better ways, my ignorant child, to remedy the situation. You simply refuse to listen. 'Tis a pity, truly 'tis.

And I use that term loosely applied here.

It is an indictment of sheik husseins energy
policy that any power companies are having
layoffs. That old woman should be at her old
job instead of exacerbating the young adult
unemployment problem.

Lol your old lady sob story proved my point
whether you realize it or not. BK chose the
experienced midskilled worker over the
unexperienced yutz young or not.

But that's what the commie class warfare dolts
want. More young people unemployed and
resentful of old people. You can't have a
revolution with fat employed self-occupied
Yuppies. mene mene tekel upharsin

My bubble is called Texas.
I look like a redskin, long hair and all.
Nobody plays favorites with me.

Old lady should be provided for by her children.

And even so.
You can do everything right.
Be the way you are expected to be.
And still get screwed....hard.
It's called life. Call yourself lucky that
it left you with anything to start the
next day with; normally it doesn't for
the majority of life forms on this planet.

Suck it up and rise above it.

Gp the rabble you so want to identify with
would tear you apart and ruin any material
you valued or cherished.
People like me would hunt those godless rats down. Originally Posted by anaximander
The point of my story was to your comment that "minimum wage is for newbs and losers". As far as I am concerned people on minimum wage are not losers or newbs. There are many in circumstances that lead to people being on minimum wage. There are also those who lack skills to get a better paying job, but I don't see them as losers. I think honestly we need to up the minimum wage for people and give them a shot at being able to actually save money so they can go to school and do more with their lives than being perpetually stuck in a minimum wage job.
How high should the minimum wage be? $10? No, wait. How about $20 per hour. Even better, $35 per hour. Are you not able to see that increasing the minimum wage only increases unemployment?

There's a dirty little secret in the marketplace. An employee has to return a value to the employer that exceeds what the employee is paid in wages and benefits. Otherwise, the employer cannot keep him on the job. When you place an artificial floor on wages, you naturally have higher unemployment, since not all employees will be able to return the required value.

If there were no minimum wage, the market would find an equilibrium wage and it is very likely that unskilled workers and teens could find a job. They would not have to return as much value in order to justify their position. Then as they got experience, their value returned to the company will increase, which will justify an increase in wages, or a new position with a different company that is willing to recognize the higher value returned.

It's simple, really.
they didn't want to hire someone her age.

Thank the liberal politicians and their over-reaching age discrimination laws as well as their trial lawyer donors......
How high should the minimum wage be? $10? No, wait. How about $20 per hour. Even better, $35 per hour. Are you not able to see that increasing the minimum wage only increases unemployment?

There's a dirty little secret in the marketplace. An employee has to return a value to the employer that exceeds what the employee is paid in wages and benefits. Otherwise, the employer cannot keep him on the job. When you place an artificial floor on wages, you naturally have higher unemployment, since not all employees will be able to return the required value.

If there were no minimum wage, the market would find an equilibrium wage and it is very likely that unskilled workers and teens could find a job. They would not have to return as much value in order to justify their position. Then as they got experience, their value returned to the company will increase, which will justify an increase in wages, or a new position with a different company that is willing to recognize the higher value returned.

It's simple, really. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Not quite and this is debatable:

A minimum wage is the lowest hourly, daily or monthly remuneration that employers may legally pay to workers. Equivalently, it is the lowest wage at which workers may sell their labour. Although minimum wage laws are in effect in a great many jurisdictions, there are differences of opinion about the benefits and drawbacks of a minimum wage. Supporters of the minimum wage say that it increases the standard of living of workers, reduces poverty, and forces businesses to be more efficient. Opponents say that if it is high enough to be effective, it increases unemployment, particularly among workers with very low productivity due to inexperience or handicap, thereby harming lesser skilled workers to the benefit of better skilled workers.

Further more:

Quote: "Statutory minimum wages were first proposed as a way to control the proliferation of sweat shops in manufacturing industries. The sweat shops employed large numbers of women and young workers, paying them what were considered to be substandard wages. The sweatshop owners were thought to have unfair bargaining power over their workers, and a minimum wage was proposed as a means to make them pay "fairly". Over time, the focus changed to helping people, especially families, become more self sufficient. Today, minimum wage laws cover workers in most low-paid fields of employment. In truth minimum wage should be raised in accordance to rising costs such as food, gas ect. Increase minimum wage to reflect the rise in living expenses. Which is still at an all time low considering that it is not in line with increased living expenses."

There are some economists who say what you are saying that it is a hardship on companies therefore they hire less, and make cut backs. Thereby no one gets employed. So you have a zero minimum wage affect. And some say that workers willing to work for less than minimum wage cannot because of the minimum wage law. I understand all this, but do not agree. I think if we got rid of the minimum wage law we will revert right back to the sweat shops and abuses that employers participated in years ago.

So this is clearly debatable depending on which side of the fence you are on in this issue.

The minimum wage has a strong social appeal, rooted in concern about the ability of markets to provide income equity for the least able members of the work force. For some people, the obvious solution to this concern is to redefine the wage structure politically to achieve a socially preferable distribution of income. Thus, minimum wage laws have usually been judged against the criterion of reducing poverty."
minimum wage laws keep millions of unskilled people from gaining the work skills and experience which would allow them to qualify for a higher paying job......