Japan reactors pose no risk?

Do you know what the average consumption factor is for a person in this country? Originally Posted by WTF
What an irrelevant figure. Try energy consumption relative to GDP.
I don't think his shit is any more obnoxious than some of the other stuff we have seen around here recently. Originally Posted by pjorourke
You just get a laugh when somebody uses the word "doofus" on an "adult" message board.
What an irrelevant figure. Try energy consumption relative to GDP. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Why? Consumption is consumption. Adding monetary value doesn't put the resource back in the ground. Once it's gone it's gone.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2011, 10:26 AM
You send me to the NY Times Opinion section!?! Isn't there a NY times Fact section?

OK, I will waste my breath on you one more time.

You are assuming that humans beings are running out of resources. I don't see you presenting facts that human beings are running out of resources.

..... Originally Posted by Marshall
Jarrod Diamond is the author of the piece, written many books. You should read more.

We are running out of resources...that is why there are wars. Because of limited resources. We as nations fight over them. Pretty simple concept. Been doing it for ages. I had asked you not to respond if you think we are not running out of resources. I did not want to waste any more of my time with you.

''Black Swan Event depends on the observer. For example, what may be a Black Swan surprise for a turkey is not a Black Swan surprise to its butcher; hence the objective should be to "avoid being the turkey" by identifying areas of vulnerability in order to "turn the Black Swans white'' ''
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Why? Consumption is consumption. Adding monetary value doesn't put the resource back in the ground. Once it's gone it's gone. Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
Such a simple concept....yet impossible for some to grasp.
I guess some believe resources are unlimited and keep regenerating.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2011, 10:37 AM
I guess some believe resources are unlimited and keep regenerating. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
They're called Reaganites
Why? Consumption is consumption. Adding monetary value doesn't put the resource back in the ground. Once it's gone it's gone. Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
Well if you take that thought to its logical conclusion, we are all sitting in huts cooking over a fire. The species has been there, done that.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2011, 10:40 AM
What an irrelevant figure. Try energy consumption relative to GDP. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Here PJ, maybe this will help you understand the point.

''People who consume little want to enjoy the high-consumption lifestyle. Governments of developing countries make an increase in living standards a primary goal of national policy. And tens of millions of people in the developing world seek the first-world lifestyle on their own, by emigrating, especially to the United States and Western Europe, Japan and Australia. Each such transfer of a person to a high-consumption country raises world consumption rates, even though most immigrants don’t succeed immediately in multiplying their consumption by 32.''
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Well if you take that thought to its logical conclusion, we are all sitting in huts cooking over a fire. The species has been there, done that. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Yes we could blow up the world fighting over limitred resources...and wind up back in the stone age. Look at Japan.
I wonder if Nuclear Winter trumps Global Warming?
Well if you take that thought to its logical conclusion, we are all sitting in huts cooking over a fire. The species has been there, done that. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Well, yeah.

That's the Second Law of Thermodynamics. Processes are irreversible. If you look at it from the aspect of energy balance we will, eventually, use it up to the point where the planet is no longer sustaining. At some point the store runs out and you gotta go somewhere else for your groceries.

When's the last time you sat down to a tasty meal of whale, sea turtle, or actual Atlantic cod?

(On second thought, maybe we don't want PJ answering that last one.)

Cheers,
Mazo.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2011, 10:51 AM
When's the last time you sat down to a tasty meal of whale, sea turtle, or actual Atlantic cod?

(On second thought, maybe we don't want PJ answering that last one.)

Cheers,
Mazo. Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
LOL, now that was funny PJ.

On a serious note, the problem with these folks Maz is that they think just because there was , there will always be.

Science is not their strong suit.

hell it is not mine but luckily common sense is

I wonder if Nuclear Winter trumps Global Warming? Originally Posted by pjorourke
Yes...I've always said we will run out of resources before we shield the Sun.
We are running out of resources...that is why there are wars. Because of limited resources. We as nations fight over them. Pretty simple concept. Been doing it for ages. Originally Posted by WTF
[In my best John McCain voice] Well, my friend, let me point out your illogic........the caveman fought over running out of resources? Are you sure it wasn't just a question of access to resources and technology? Or maybe they just wanted more? Maybe fighting is more fun than looking for resources? Maybe they just wanted to bang the hot babes in the other cave? You can understand that, right?

I have no more breath for you....as the great philosopher Charlie Sheen would say, "WINNING....it's exhausting."

Good news for you....I won't be back on the board for the rest of the day....all my haters can call me a doofus, and other insulting things, and they won't have to worry about consequences.....but as Arnold said, well, er, we all know what that Austrian said.......

everybody have a nice day
If nothing else, Marshall provides someone to argue with and exchange links with WTF