Trump Card

PJ, you put the question out there and have been coy since. What do you think about tRump as a candidate for POTUS?
He wouldn't be my first choice (or even 2nd or 3rd), but I can't imagine him doing a worse job than the one we have now. At least the guy has some concept of how the economy works.

Hell, even Bush is starting to look good and a replay of Jimmy C is becoming the best case scenario.
  • Doove
  • 04-09-2011, 04:20 PM
He wouldn't be my first choice (or even 2nd or 3rd), but I can't imagine him doing a worse job than the one we have now. At least the guy has some concept of how the economy works.

Hell, even Bush is starting to look good and a replay of Jimmy C is becoming the best case scenario. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Yeah, the economy is just tanking under this guy. I'm beginning to think you have no idea how the economy works.
Yeah, lets go with that.

Two words Doove: Misery Index
Hell, even Bush is starting to look good Originally Posted by pjorourke

I suppose PJ is correct. Obama seems to be having difficulty creating jobs during his watch. On the other hand the Bush Administration created 2.5 million jobs for Iraqi soldiers!

Ahhhhh, those glorious days of yesteryear!

Let's give PJ a hand, he damn sure earned this one!
  • WTF
  • 04-09-2011, 10:10 PM

Let's give PJ a hand, he damn sure earned this one! Originally Posted by bigtex
Sorry PJ , I can only afford a finger or two
  • Doove
  • 04-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Yeah, lets go with that.

Two words Doove: Misery Index
Originally Posted by pjorourke
So he's better then Reagan. Now shut up.

* On a side note, this is my 1000th post. I would like to thank everyone who has made this all possible.

* On a side note, this is my 1000th post. I would like to thank everyone who has made this all possible. Originally Posted by Doove
I am right behind you on both counts!
He wouldn't be my first choice (or even 2nd or 3rd), Originally Posted by pjorourke
Let me guess: first is Mike Pence of IN; second is Tom Coburn of OK.
Let me guess: first is Mike Pence of IN; second is Tom Coburn of OK. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I do not believe that Sen. Coburn is conservative enough for PJ's brand of politics. He should consider moving from Florida to Texas. PJ would hop on Rick Perry's bandwagon within his first week of residency! Governor Good Hair is so far out there, he makes Sarah Palin appear to be a bleeding-heart liberal!

Sarah can only see the Russian Mainland from her bathroom window. Gov. Perry can see the Kremlin from the Dome's east and west windows on top of the Texas Capitol.
Let me guess: first is Mike Pence of IN; second is Tom Coburn of OK. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Nah, 1st choice would probably be Mitch Daniels of Indiana. But I don't think he is going to run.

* On a side note, this is my 1000th post. I would like to thank everyone who has made this all possible. Originally Posted by Doove
No, you are reading the index wrong, its decreasing the index during their term that counts as good (remember, its a misery index -- the sum of inflation + unemployment). Reagan dropped it 9+ points. Obama has increased it by over 3 points. Carter increased it by 7points. I think your boy still has time to catch him - particularly when all that useless spending kicks off massive inflation.
  • Doove
  • 04-10-2011, 09:15 AM
The Dow's up over 50%. Originally Posted by Doove
1) You pick a low enough point and anything looks good. Originally Posted by pjorourke
No, you are reading the index wrong, its decreasing the index during their term that counts as good (remember, its a misery index -- the sum of inflation + unemployment). Reagan dropped it 9+ points. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Hypocrisy is a wonderful thing.
And the rest of that quote was:
1) You pick a low enough point and anything looks good. The market is flat to down from where it was. BTW, the President has about 0% to do with the stock market. Originally Posted by pjorourke
The point is, Obama's stupid economic policies are perpetuating the recession and will kick off horrible inflation -- things measured by the Misery Index and which the President actually does influence. As opposed to the stock market -- which has little if any relevance.
The point is, Obama's stupid economic policies are perpetuating the recession Originally Posted by pjorourke
PJ, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems you left out a very significant historical fact from the end of the above sentence. Did you do so on purpose or did you just forget? It should have read "economic policies are perpetuating the recession" which officially began on September 15, 2008 in the final few months of George W. Bush's 8 years in office!

Apparently PJ lives in a very exclusive gated community in Fantasyland, Florida and their only news source is Faux News. If my memory serves me correctly, George W. Bush occupied the White House on that dreary September day, not Obama. In fact, GW had been in office for 7 3/4 years and it was his "stupid economic policies" that led to the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

How quickly you seem to forget!

.............President actually does influence. As opposed to the stock market -- which has little if any relevance. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Unless of course a Republican happens to be sitting in the Oval Office and the stock market is needed to justify relevance! At which point all bets are off!

Two rules of thumb that are not debatable in Republican circles:

1) Hypocrisy will always rule the day!
2) They never let the facts stand in the way of the story they want to tell!