White House denies TX as "major disaster area"; local leaders frustrated

• Doove
  • 05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
I guess we'd just have to figure out how to muddle through without that income...but also without having to send some $225 Billion in tax revenue up north. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
Traitor. You'd be a good candidate for waterboarding.

I wonder how many businesses would flee your state if Texas seceded.
I guess we'd just have to figure out how to muddle through without that income...but also without having to send some $225 Billion in tax revenue up north. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
Yep, I'm sure your calculator also takes into account all of the ancillary businesses and jobs. Not to mention that you can say goodbye to TI (no US Gov't. contracts - they're now going to Oklahoma Instruments or Louisiana Instruments), as well as any other business that does business with the good ol' USA, don't forget about all of the Federal matching funds that won't be available. Need new batteries, yet? And, the list of "economic engines" goes on and on. This ain't the 1850's boys. You guys ain't got nuthin' (to slip into the vernacular) and you know it.

Wonder how long it would be until Tejas is just another part of Mexico? Again.
Yep, I'm sure your calculator also takes into account all of the ancillary businesses and jobs. Not to mention that you can say goodbye to TI (no US Gov't. contracts - they're now going to Oklahoma Instruments or Louisiana Instruments), as well as any other business that does business with the good ol' USA, don't forget about all of the Federal matching funds that won't be available. Need new batteries, yet? And, the list of "economic engines" goes on and on. This ain't the 1850's boys. You guys ain't got nuthin' (to slip into the vernacular) and you know it.

Wonder how long it would be until Tejas is just another part of Mexico? Again. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
What a pollyanic world you must live in. You act as if the US does not do business with others. While this is all an exercise in futility, it is typically the downfall of the man who thinks he holds all the cards. It makes them soft, you old softy.
What a pollyanic world you must live in. You act as if the US does not do business with others. While this is all an exercise in futility, it is typically the downfall of the man who thinks he holds all the cards. It makes them soft, you old softy. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
I think there might be an exception made in this case...lol...kinda like the topic of the thread.

The thing about corporations in the Republican utopia is that they have no ideaology but merely follow the money wherever it leads.
It's not like an independent Texas would create a more favorable corporate tax environment to lure business away from the other 49 states! Why would corporations go there? All they get is massive tax relief, union free shops and close proximity to their main market....that's not gonna be nearly enough to convince corporations to move.....those dumb hicks.....HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
Boys, boys - sounds like a bad case of wantitbothwaysitis.
  • WTF
  • 05-13-2011, 11:15 AM
It's not like an independent Texas would create a more favorable corporate tax environment to lure business away from the other 49 states! Why would corporations go there? All they get is massive tax relief, union free shops and close proximity to their main market....that's not gonna be nearly enough to convince corporations to move.....those dumb hicks.....HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! Originally Posted by Marshall

What makes you think any corporation is dying to relocate to Northern Mexico?

We break away from the other 49 and well be speaking Spanish way quicker than we ever would.
  • WTF
  • 05-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Money talks, BS walks............and money talks ENGLISH...... Originally Posted by Marshall
You need to check the latest census. Senor Marshall.