Cowboy season predictions

You are absolutely right half the teams would take him, the bottom half that don't make the playoffs. He had many opportunities in the playoffs and he failed.

He's making something like $15 million a year and people feel sorry for him because he gets criticized. Oh poor rich Tomy lets all cry for him. He isn't being paid 15mill a year to make the Pro Bowl. Originally Posted by atf searcher

First of all, more than half the NFL teams do not qualify for the playoffs in the NFL. A dozen advance, six in each conference, while the other 20 teams go home for the holidays. Other than Brady and Rodgers, no other qb was playing better football than Romo last year...especially late in the season heading into the playoffs. Not Peyton....not Russell....not Andrew.....shall I go on?

Anyway, moving along....criticize Romo if it makes you feel better about yourself....but this "many opportunities in the playoffs" accusation is a bit of an exaggeration. Let's examine the Cowboys playoff history under Romo's time line:

Dallas made the playoffs (wildcard) in '06 under Romo's first season and they lost 21-20 in Seattle...which ended up becoming Big Bill's last game ever as a head coach.

The infamous bobbled snap (FG attempt) from the Seattle 2 yard line was the play of the game, no doubt. With 1:50 or so left on the game clock, 4th down and scarcely a half-foot to go for a first down, Parcells decided against going for it and to kick what should have been a certain go ahead and possible winning FG. It didn't happen, of course, and Parcells later admitted his starting qb shouldn't have been the holder in that situation....he should have inserted the team's punter (or back up qb) as most NFL teams normally do.

The following year, '07, Wade Phillips first year, Dallas went 13-3 and lost to the Giants 21-17 at home. We all recall late in the game Patrick Crayton splitting the seams but dropping a pass right between the numbers that would have been the winning TD. Can't put that one on Romo.

In '09, Dallas beat Philly 34-14 in wild card weekend then got killed the following week in Minnesota, 34-3. That game was a total collapse on both sides of the ball as the Dallas O-line was manhandled and Romo sacked 6 times. In addition, Dallas' D-line was invisible as Mike Jenkins was burned all day long by wr Sidney Rice (3 TD's).

Dallas missed the playoffs the next 4 years until last season. They beat the Lions at home, 24-20 only to lose 26-21 the following week in Green Bay. And only an overturned Dez catch and lack of pass rush prevented Dallas from advancing.

A 2-4 record in the playoffs is nothing to brag about to be certain. But with each team, Dallas hardly had what we'd call a championship defense. Maybe that is changing finally (by adding Jones, Hardy, Gregory and a healthy...knock on wood....Sean Lee to this year's team.) We shall see....
Can I just get a little f'ing sympathy for my NY Giants? Alone here in Cowboys world I suffer in silence! lol

I was hoping one of our division teams might step up this year.
At the beginning of the season I would have been conservative and said 10-6. I thought they over achieved last year and the expectations were too high going in this season. With the injury dez suffered I wouldn't be surprised if he was out for the season. Now Romo is out at least 8'weeks and witten is also hurt.

Teams are going to crowd the line so it all hinges on the backup qb. If he can play moderately well and find anyone to toss it too they could go 8-8, 9-7 or even 10-6. On the flip side they can also end up 6-10. It's a shame because the window is closing on the Romo witten tandem.

People can hate on Romo all they want but he's a hell of a qb who has done great things with a shitty line for years. Last year they had a solid line and Romo was a mvp level qb. Yes Murry did great last year but look at how's he's doing with a sub par line this year. I'm cool with them passing on his high price tag but they should have gotten a better replacement. There were plenty of free agents they could have gotten cheap. Fred Taylor comes to mind as does Jackson etc...
It is reported today that "Hangnail" Murray left practice with a hamstring injury. Maybe we will get to see him and Miles Austin doing the old riding stationary bicycles on the sidelines in the future.....since they both "got their money."
As if things were not bad enough, T.O. is on the radio crying for the cowboys to give him another chance and let him fill in for DEZ. T.O. is 41 years old and has not played football in the last 4 years. give me a fuckin break. This washed up (has been) actually thinks he got a shot. Cowboys had enough of stupid cry baby T.O. (HE MUST BE BROKE)

CG
As if things were not bad enough, T.O. is on the radio crying for the cowboys to give him another chance and let him fill in for DEZ. T.O. is 41 years old and has not played football in the last 4 years. give me a fuckin break. This washed up (has been) actually thinks he got a shot. Cowboys had enough of stupid cry baby T.O. (HE MUST BE BROKE)

CG Originally Posted by Copierguy0
No doubt he's broke, when you knock up as many bitches as he did because he was too dumb to use a wrapper, and you'll go thru several million quickly.

CG Originally Posted by Copierguy0

The very fact anyone in the media thinks it's a great idea to (still) put a mic and camera on this guy anymore astounds me. T.O. just needs to do us all a favor and simply fade away into the record books.....his story is done, over, kaput....
Two things, after attending yesterday's home loss to the Falcons....

One, Brandon Weeden is what we thought he is....as we knew all along actually.

Sure, he was hamstrung not having Dez in the lineup yesterday. (But) he was available to him last year (in the Arizona game when Romo was out) and we all know what happened during that game. It's a cryin' shame the Cowboys don't have a young, quality back up on the roster for such an important position. In the '16 draft, it's a must.....even if it's a first round pick. Time to start looking for Romo's eventual succesor.

Two....half the teams in the NFL would probably have Terrance Williams as a bench player on their squad. The fact he is a starter (and actually has some success as one) is another testimony to the greatness of Dez Bryant.....and Romo's ability to buy time in order for TW to finally shake free.

Dez commands double coverage from most teams and still is able to beat it....Williams was covered by one BD all day long and could never achieve an inch of separation. Thus, the zerO catches on two targets. His inability to make himself available to the offense all afternoon contributed to their second half collapse.

Lastly (okay, I lied....THREE things): Julio Jones is a damned fine football player. I couldn't help but day dream what it'd be like to have him in Dallas opposite Dez. Who gets the double team coverage, huh?
The sky is falling ...
the Boys couldn't get it done tonight.. why was Garrett calling 3 time outs with under a minute to go, Saints ball, and they are out of time outs? I don't get it.. make them hurry up and fuck up under pressure..

not that it mattered, the Saints kicker choked anyway.. not that it mattered.
The defense is going to have to do better or they're done for the season
The NFL east still sucks
The defense is going to have to do better or they're done for the season Originally Posted by ithyphallicus
I'm afraid last night was it.. given the injuries, 500 ball is the best we can expect..

The NFL east still sucks Originally Posted by Boltfan
perhaps, but the Redskins and Giants are better than the 'Boys.. our fan energy needs to focus on the small chance the Rangers have to bring a Championship to DFW..
Two other players left with injuries last night, another running back and wide receiver, and of course so did Sean Lee with a concussion. Looks like that conditioning coach has a lot of explaining to do as to why these guys keep getting hurt. It is also time for the boys to say adios to Lee and pay someone who can play more than 15 games in 4 seasons.
Not a fan of cowboys but am a fan of football and in their defense, they are missing their starting Qb, Wr, Cb, some key players on defense and Murray from last yeat so it would be foolish to think they are going to be as good as they were last year. If you take the starting qb ftom ANY Nfl team, they not gonna be as good, see Ben Rothlesburger in pit. They are also missing Murray and for what it's worth, Randle is no Murray. He not a downhill runner and he doesn't hit the holes hard, and he can't wear a defense down in 4th. Murray did all these things. Weeden actually played decent for a backup Qb with no wr threat. That being said, it's gonna be a long season. They have a tough schedule coming up including my pats next week and Giants after that. Hopefully they can weather the storm until Romo and Dez come back.