What violates your personal constitution?

(pssst, that's just because no one can quite understand your thought pattern to figure out what to reply to)
Why do they do it??!!! Surely you jest.

We do it because we are out brother's keeper. We realize that Cain's remark, "Am I my brother's keeper?", is a dishonorable and immoral attitude. The parable of Cain and Able is meant to teach shame. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
TTH, again you are correct, we help because it is thr right thing to do!
Sophia, it's not 400 years ago...hopefully no one on this board is strugling to survive and take care of their families the way a person would have 400 years ago.

I am not rich, or even a do gooder, but I have contributed to the red cross, I know this much...with the corrupt government,crushing poverty, lack of basic housing, we aren't going to fix this overnight. So does that mean we shouldn't at least try?

TTH, its funny it seems we are on the opposite end of the politcal spectrum...but when it comes to doing whats right , we are on the same page
No we are not living 400 years ago.....but all mother nature sees and knows is her own clock for depopulating the earth in order to continue the cycle....It's just a thought......Don't pigeonhole me for it.......It is a long standing theory for catastrophic events on earth....
I might be inclined to do some unethical things if in survival mode, but it would take more than a few days without food (thanks to SERE training). But some of the actions taken by the "strong" in Haiti and previously in NO are just thugs being thugs. Feeding your family or gathering survival rations is one thing, but beating and killing others to do so is just wrong. By now most Haitians must surely know that help is in route so hoarding supplies stolen from others is inexcusable. Many from NO went far beyond "surviving", and it was just one part of the country that was effected, they all knew help would arrive quickly.

Oh, and as for why the US hasn't done more, I would say we have done plenty. The US has provided approximately 28% of the money donated by Sovereign States not to mention US based private donations:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583461,00.html