Cool places youve been: no restrictions: Hints for travel and places to go when you get there

I know what you mean. My family spent a week at Disney World. Because we stayed in a hotel inside the park, there was no getting away from the song.

Listen at your own risk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ETq3ZlmslE Originally Posted by Ansley
Yeah that song, Bolero, and BrownEyedGirl need a warning before listening to them
  • WTF
  • 05-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah that song, Bolero, and BrownEyedGirl need a warning before listening to them Originally Posted by discreetgent
Where in the hell is ole BEG?
Yeah that song, Bolero, and BrownEyedGirl need a warning before listening to them Originally Posted by discreetgent
I have this CD called Ravel's Greatest Hit and it's about ten different orchestras, each performing Bolero.
Well, this is going to eat into my favorite three days in Capetown (read: WINE!), but if we can get our flights and rooms refunded, two of our crew are going to take the Blue Train back to Johannesburg
http://www.bluetrain.co.za/
It looks amazing and its a once in a lifetime opportunity. I wasn't that excited at first (I'm a huge fan of wine and I was sorry we were going to miss some of the wineries and good meals in Capetown), but the pictures of the scenery have got me excited. I'm kinda hoping.
Well, this is going to eat into my favorite three days in Capetown (read: WINE!)...I'm a huge fan of wine and I was sorry we were going to miss some of the wineries and good meals in Capetown Originally Posted by Sydneyb
Here, have one on me.....
Where in the hell is ole BEG? Originally Posted by WTF
Not as far away as you think. This BrownEyedGirl can't stay away.
That includes getting extra pages sewn in and then filling those up, too. Okay, I've actually only exhausted one passport that way, but I do travel often.

In university, I studied abroad in Guatemala, Mexico and Cuba (yes dears, you read that right - I had a liscence from the Department of Treasury which made it legal for me to spend up to 100USD/day in what was once a fully-embargoes country). I also studied in Kathmandu, Nepal and Saigon and Hanoi, Vietnam. Oh and I participated in an intensive language course in Italy one summer, too.

For my corporate communications career, I have traveled to Belgium, Jordan and India.

For leisure and self-study, I have traveled to Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Singapore, England and the Dominican Republic.

I also lived as an expatriate for two years in Vietnam (in Hanoi) after studying there for a year.

I have so many off-the-hook stories about being a pretty young thing abroad...lol. I'm not sure where to start. I love travel abroad although the past four years have found me exploring our domestic treasures (forests, mountains, beaches, canyons and deserts).

I have this hunch though that my next travels will wind me through Europe. I would kind of like to fly to London and head east from there. These days though, I travel with so many (amazing) sex toys that I'd need to do plenty of research about what's legal to import!

Anyone want to swap stories?
xoxox
Tori
  • Old-T
  • 04-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Jessica,

Some threads are still current no matter when. I suspect this one is until we have all seen all the places worth visiting.

Most my travel has been domestic, largely because of some work and family considerations. But soon I hope to have a bit more freedom in that area.

A few places I have been that I would completely recommend: Any national park in the Utah/AZ/CO/NM area, especially Chaco with a friend/lover on a warm summer night. Madrid. Ottawa, Tulum, Dzebonche(sp?), Amtrak cross country from San Francisco to Chicago, Banff, Alaska, especially Denali.

On the list to see: Ankor Wat, Machu Pichu, Antarctica, Iceland.
I love the idea of hopping on Amtrak from San Francisco and going cross country with nothing but a backpack. I just need to find the time and the right buddy or two to go with.

Sitara Devi
I have travelled a lot and
Favorites in USA
Montana outdoor is magnificent
San Francisco San Diego
Canada
Montreal is a place not to be miss
Vancouver
Whitehorse in summer

Overseas Scotland Ireland London in train and ferry
South of Spain puerto banus

Italy ...food everything was wonderful

Asia only been living in Tokyo and Guam

I have found that traveling to other cities and countries is so rewarding learning about other cultures and enjoying the differences make you grow
One of the best places I have ever been...

Sugar Beach - St. Lucia

http://www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/en/sugarbeach
Those accommodations look amazing! Looks like you get your own house. How wonderful!
I have been to Victoria BC twice when I was in the Navy, many years ago. I am getting to go back this fall. Really looking forward to it.
Perth Australia was another, and it compared well with Victoria.
No one mentioned the Philippines in this thread. Generations of service people (USN, USMC, USAF) fell in love with the place. There is a LOT of cool stuff outside of Angeles and Po Cities. Manila is a hole, but when you have eight million poor people living that close together....

There is a reason so many Americans, Europeans, Canadians and Aussies retire there....

The place has great scenery and diving. Most everyone speaks English and they don't hate Americans. The place can be cheap once you arrive.

Korean Air isn't the cheapest but is awesome!
I HAVE SPENT SIGNIFICANT TIME IN EVERY U.S. STATE EXCEPT FOR FIVE = WEST VIRGINIA .. NEW HAMPSHIRE .. DELAWARE .. ALASKA .. HAWAII !!! I HAVE BEEN TO THE REST OF THE U.S.A. STATES + AND + I HAVE SPENT TIME IN LIKE EVERY MAJOR CITY WITH A COMMERCIAL AIRPORT IN THOSE STATES !!!