Odds on Trump's Impeachment

WOW , the leftist media at its best gun show you still need the 4473 form and ID , and this moron leftist (shooter) that's being pushed by social media and the media to 'go out and do something' because the don won
Wow the libertarts at there best !!!
Do you mean

'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed'?

One would need to be very selective to assume that this amendment, which was ratified in 1789 when muskets were the common armament, would apply to the arms of today and for every swinging dick who walks the streets. . Originally Posted by futbolhead
One could argue the same thing about the first amendment. Do you think when it was written they envisioned everyone having access to the internet and the ability to spread propaganda across the world almost instantly? As I recall they were still using quill pens at the time, and later the pony express was consider a huge advancement in communication.
Gun Show Loophole: it may depend on the state, but Wikipedia's explanation is here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_show_loophole

Perhaps we're focused on different tentacles of the argument on this. You may be referring to legally owning the gun and I'm focused on getting the gun (legal or not) . I understand that people who want to do harm can get a weapon (with 300 million of them in the US), but we can at least put up a curb of some type.
You just admitted that criminals who want a gun will get one... then you've just admitted that what you advocate really just restricts the rights of law-abiding citizens. Thanks for making the case for us.
Do you mean

'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed'?

One would need to be very selective to assume that this amendment, which was ratified in 1789 when muskets were the common armament, would apply to the arms of today and for every swinging dick who walks the streets. Assault rifles? Nuclear warheads? Do you really think that a person on the terrorist watch list, mentally ill or felons should be able to walk around with a small nuclear weapon or assault rifle? There are few restrictions currently, you really have to be the worst of the worst in order to be restricted from gun ownership right now.

That isn't close to common sense. Originally Posted by futbolhead
You want to define assault rifle for me? I still don't know what that means other than it's black... as for the rest... at the time the framers wrote the 2nd Amendment... the typical infantrymans weapon was a musket... that's what the typical citizen used for defense as well. Currently, infantry men have a semi-automatic rifle firing a smaller round 7.62-5.56 mm. The average citizen has access to the same semi-auto weapon.

40 years from now the average infantryman may be carrying a 40mm plasma rifle - the average citizen should have access to this same type of weapon.

See a pattern?

We're not talking about squad level or crew served weapons but about the individual rifleman.
  • grean
  • 06-14-2017, 01:24 PM
Just so we don't derail this completely with a topic worthy of its own thread, I bumped a thread discussing 2A.
You just admitted that criminals who want a gun will get one... then you've just admitted that what you advocate really just restricts the rights of law-abiding citizens. Thanks for making the case for us. Originally Posted by texassapper
USA has more guns-per capita than any other developed country and also has more homicides-per capita. What's confusing to you? Today's a good day to think but if you choose not, try it tomorrow.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...-gun-control/j
USA has more guns-per capita than any other developed country and also has more homicides-per capita. What's confusing to you? Today's a good day to think but if you choose not, try it tomorrow.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...-gun-control/j Originally Posted by futbolhead
I told you what confuses me...the definition of an assault weapon...how is it different from any other rifle? Is it just cosmetics? As for gun laws, why should I care? The press has been baying for Trumps blood for months...NOW you're going to be shocked there's violence? Kathy Griffin holds up a decapitated Trump? DO you not realize how you'd have lost your shit if someone had held up Obama's head? Please, Liberals are hypocritical in the extreme.
The press has been baying for Trumps blood for months...NOW you're going to be shocked there's violence? Kathy Griffin holds up a decapitated Trump? DO you not realize how you'd have lost your shit if someone had held up Obama's head? Please, Liberals are hypocritical in the extreme. Originally Posted by texassapper
Trump and conservatives have been widely reported in the media as Nazi, racist, fascist Russian spy's, who are going to bring back slavery and lock up or deport all immigrants and kill the planet. Griffith just posed with our presidents decapitated head. There is currently a taxpayer funded play that depicts assassinating our president Trump. http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/06/...s-react-501524

And now people are surprised that some Liberal Bernie supporter went hunting for GOP members on a ball field with a rifle?? The MSM has whipped these people into a frenzy, some of these weak minded fools actually believe all their propaganda.

The MSM has created this atmosphere of hate and dehumanizing half of the country as less than human.We are bombarded with it 24/7 on the news. And all because they are pissed that their Queen Hillery lost the election. I have never seen anything like this in my life.

Does anyone else remember riots at campaign pep rally's with people physically attacking the opposing party members? How about a riot with masked people dressed in black at the presidents inauguration ? https://youtu.be/ThlHyf7jWNQ
Personally, I thought it was ridiculous when a few wished for or pooh-poohed the risk of a civil war. I don't think a lot of republicans understand the sometimes underground hatred of their agenda. If there was a civil war of the 1% and their base versus the rest...it wouldn't even be a close fight. Yes, outgunned and all, some mean bastards in that 'rest' group who have nothing to lose. All the 'rest' needs is someone who has a message that resonates.

Then when you see, for instance, the GOP healthcare bill that gives an 800 billion tax cut to the 1%, paid for by the poor....they are bringing it on themselves.

Then when you see, for instance, the GOP healthcare bill that gives an 800 billion tax cut to the 1%, paid for by the poor....they are bringing it on themselves. Originally Posted by futbolhead
Seeing as about 45% of the population pay no federal income tax at all, how are the "poor" funding anyone's tax cut?
Seeing as about 45% of the population pay no federal income tax at all, how are the "poor" funding anyone's tax cut? Originally Posted by goodolboy
Don't confuse them with facts
Seeing as about 45% of the population pay no federal income tax at all, how are the "poor" funding anyone's tax cut? Originally Posted by goodolboy
Yes, everyone on this board (I assume) pays tax and your correct that a large part of our population doesn't, although that's not exactly true.

Previous generations have decided that there are some socially beneficial programs that are good for everybody, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, police and fire departments, public schools, grants for education, underpriveledged scholarship programs, etc.. You may not consider the cuts in these programs to be 'payment', but if you for a moment open your mind, they are.

By the way, unless your last name is Cuban, Hunt, Koch, Walton, etc.. At best, you're coming out even. But, you too are most likely coming out in a worse position. You should probably back your own self interest.

By the way, unless your last name is Cuban, Hunt, Koch, Walton, etc.. At best, you're coming out even. But, you too are most likely coming out in a worse position. You should probably back your own self interest. Originally Posted by futbolhead
Seeing as how my health insurance has gone from $350 a month with a $2K deductible to $1,250 a month with a $7K deductible under Obamacare, I think it is in my best interest that the unaffordable health care act be changed.

"The latest official count shows that 10.3 million are enrolled in the ObamaCare exchanges. That's down from the 12.2 million who were reported to have selected an ObamaCare plan this year, which means that nearly 2 million people (16%) signed up for coverage and then failed to make a payment on it."
http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...got-16-easier/
We agree on that, but nothing close to the proposals that have been offered.