Gabriel Giffords open to gun confiscation

does your dumb ass know what the word "prelude" means? idiot.

let me help you out here idiot

prelude

[prel-yood, preyl-, prey-lood, pree-]

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun 1. a preliminary to an action, event, condition, or work of broader scope and higher importance.

2. any action, event, comment, etc. that precedes something else.

3. Music.
  1. a relatively short, independent instrumental composition, free in form and resembling an improvisation.
  2. a piece that precedes a more important movement.
  3. the overture to an opera.
  4. an independent piece, of moderate length, sometimes used as an introduction to a fugue.
  5. music opening a church service; an introductory voluntary.

verb (used with object), preluded, preluding. 4. to serve as a prelude or introduction to.

5. to introduce by a prelude.

6. to play as a prelude.

verb (used without object), preluded, preluding. 7. to serve as a prelude.

8. to give a prelude.

9. to play a prelude.

Origin of prelude

Medieval Latin

1555-1565

1555-65; (noun) < Medieval Latin praelūdium, equivalent to prae- pre- + -lūdium play; compare Latin lūdus play; (v.) < Latin praelūdere to play beforehand

Related forms

preluder, noun
preludial
[pri-loo-dee-uh l] (Show IPA), preludious, adjective
preludiously, adverb
unpreluded, adjective Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Yes. I know what prelude means, What has that got to do with anything?

Here is the post by j douche I replied to. I just don't see that word anywhere.

You just handed your own ass to.....I don't know who would want it......unless you can sneak into lockup....
You doubled down, tripled down and then went down on lusty lady. Now you're painfully boring. Make that stupid and boring'
I'm sure you know what stupid and boring mean. Since you're on such good terms with both words.
Here is the "post that doesn't have the word prelude in it."
What a douche-bag. A stupid, boring, douche-bag.

But you'll always be my douche-bag.

Since I started the OP I think I know what it was about. It was about an opinion maker putting it out there that she would a class of from owning weapons. A class of people who have broken no law and have done no wrong. She wants to set the precedent that government can make these determinations. That was the point of the OP.
It's a grab anyway you look at it. It is once again ignoring the reason you would want, or have a need for confiscating a gun, instead of confiscating the person you are afraid that's going to use it.
If you took the Mexican backed gangs, muslim terrorists, and all the people the neighbors would say was crazy as fuck after they kill someone off the street, you would virtually eliminate shootings. Originally Posted by nwarounder
Neighbors, Mexican gangs, and Muslim terrorists don't have anything to do with it.
And it's better to confiscate the person than the gun?

You're scarier than the gun nuts.
Thank you for identifying yourself.
Nowhere does it say anything about preventing or terminating your ownership rights. Just a temporary confiscation. It's just like the other restraining orders you have against you. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
So the government can TEMPORARILY place you in a cell, which is only a "temporary confiscation" of your body, and you won't have a problem with it, because it does not deprive you of your "FREEDOM"!

In most states a "restraining order" AUTOMATICALLY EXPIRES after the expiration of 2-3 weeks, if a hearing is not held on the request for injunctive relief.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...01320140AB1014

"Bad facts make bad law."

As California goes, so goes the Nation. Right, Munch?
GRAB THIS! HONKUS!

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Grab it like YOU do down at Austin's finest gloryholes and gay bars !
The point of the OP was that she wanted to set a precedent? The article said the bill was like one in CA. So much for your precedent story. How many times are you are you gong to back peddle on this?

You're wrong. Nowhere does it say anything about preventing or terminating your ownership rights. Just a temporary confiscation. It's just like the other restraining orders you have against you. Since you live in Kansas, you get to continue to intimidate those you love most.
The bill says,
"inasmuch as they would allow “family or household members” to petition a judge to order the temporary confiscation of firearms from another family member or person living in the household"

This "class" you're so worried about is clearly defined, not banned from ownership, and would need a judge's signature to get the order in place. A judge who determined that it was better to be safe than sorry. And if you found the gun of your dreams ( didn't see anything specifically against it) it looks like you could buy it as long as you turned it in.

btw, for every person who wants all guns banned, there is a person who thinks there should be no restrictions on gun ownership. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
So you have no problems with a "temporary" removal of your fifth, fourth, second, and first amendment rights? Especially when there is no justification or definition for what "temporary" means. Do you know that in 1917 they made it a temporary law that you could not criticize the military....and that was finally overturned when Nixon was president 50 years later. Just like that "temporary" tax to buy wool for World War I uniforms that was finally removed in the 1990s. Same thing for a "temporary" law to stockpile helium for dirigible construction.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...092811808.html Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Bullet Buttons? Lol. They make up words like that to arouse concern of the dupes. Because the average moron in California wouldn't be able to relate to the real term of "Magazine release button" They would probably think the shooter is reading while shooting, lol. Leave it to California. Certainly is the land of fruits and nuts, starting with their politicians, lol.

Jim
I don't acknowledge the moth that hit my windshield either. Somethings are tooooo stupid to notice. How are your "bullet buttons"? Someone had better contact the armed forces and tell them that their manual is wrong.
Neighbors, Mexican gangs, and Muslim terrorists don't have anything to do with it.
And it's better to confiscate the person than the gun?

You're scarier than the gun nuts.
Thank you for identifying yourself. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
It has everything to do with it. They are the ones pulling the triggers more often than any other. Without them, you don't need another law. Have you been to Chicago lately or kept up with what is going on there?
I don't even own a gun, but I would much rather see the scourge of society and "mentally irresponsible for their actions in a court of law" have their rights infringed upon long before you and your kind even think about infringing on mine. It's time to start protecting the productive members of society from those that are not.
Manassmuncher is saying...

"Justice Involved" saggers need to be released/absolved so they can have another bite at the apple... Penitentiary Affirmative Action...

Good Luck with that... Manassmuncher

Ingles por favor!
I'm excusing this poor woman. She suffered a traumatic head injury. Just like the rest of the Austin Reacharound Crew.
I'm excusing this poor woman. She suffered a traumatic head injury. Just like the rest of the Austin Reacharound Crew. Originally Posted by gnadfly
of course! brain damage is the ultimate excuse!

she should stick with it. it's working like it did for Brady lol
I'm excusing this poor woman. She suffered a traumatic head injury. Just like the rest of the Austin Reacharound Crew. Originally Posted by gnadfly
But I will not excuse Hillarious-No-More even if her brain IS INJURED, who just lost the NRA over her own "gun control" bullshit ......

.... which wasn't working well in Europe when a sniper was allowed to shot at her!
The " Crew " has the excuse of a " job hazard " . That being their heads bouncing off of the stall walls !