Why does the media keep trying to hide the fact that Obama is a Muslim?

• WTF
  • 08-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Sometimes I wish I could live another 60 years to find out what happens next. Sometimes I'm glad I won't. Originally Posted by ICU 812

Pessimistic much?

Come on now, you know Obama's new healthcare plan won't let you live that long
Sometimes I wish I could live another 60 years to find out what happens next. Sometimes I'm glad I won't. Originally Posted by ICU 812
But there is only so much bitchin', moanin', rantin' and ravin' a person can do in one lifetime!
Are you still talking (or typing in this case)?

You have a point. Asking anyone that believes Obama is a Muslim whether they used critical or logical thinking to come to that conclusion is idiotic. How about calling it a rhetorical/idiotic question? Originally Posted by WTF
  • WTF
  • 08-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Are you still talking (or typing in this case)? Originally Posted by badhusband
You are one badhusband, witty too.
Truth may be worse than the fiction.

That President Obama is a Muslim simply because of the religion of his father is a fiction.

That President Obama spent 20 years sitting in the pews of the Trinity United Church of Christ, donated thousands of dollars to the institution, had his children baptized there and listened to thousands of hours of sermons by a proponent of Black Liberation Theology is a fact.

Besides, his religion doesn't matter -- just look in the Constitution where it specifically states that no religious test shall be applied for any office of trust under the United States.

Besides, his religion doesn't matter -- just look in the Constitution where it specifically states that no religious test shall be applied for any office of trust under the United States. Originally Posted by Laurentius
Apparently they know how to read!

It is even more apparent they have yet to master reading comprehension!

You have to hand it to 'em though. While they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, they are entertaining!
I think people should be allowed to ask what they want , believe what they want and then have the balls to be made fun of for believing in the stupidest shit and posting it for the world to see. Originally Posted by WTF

I would have said something like...

"If you have the right to post an opinion, be prepared to explain/defend it from those who think it's a bad opinion."

But this works too!

"If you have the right to post an opinion, be prepared to explain/defend it from those who think it's a bad opinion."

But this works too! Originally Posted by Sisyphus
I would say they both work quite well!
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The important parts of this amendment seem to be at the back end of any discussion. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks when we have a right to ask the question or redress our grievances. Telling people to "shut up, this is stupid" only fuels the fire when people have rights.
Being a Muslim is not illegal.. man this gets on my nerves that people care what someone's religion is when it shouldnt matter in politics. I'd love to see a non-Christian in office sometime, they might act more sensibly.
  • WTF
  • 08-24-2010, 07:31 AM
The important parts of this amendment seem to be at the back end of any discussion. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks when we have a right to ask the question or redress our grievances. Telling people to "shut up, this is stupid" only fuels the fire when people have rights. Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler

Nobody is telling you to "Shut up".

You have the right to be stupid on this subject and believe that Obama is a Muslim if you want and shout it from the roof top.

But this works too! Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Yes but we are not talking about opinion here. An opinion would be more like if I were going to get laid tomorrow. People could opine all they wanted and offer varying reasons as to why they thought I may or not. It is a fact that I was laid yesterday. It would be stupid/lying to state different. That is what these' Obama is a Muslim' folks are doing. They are preying on the ignorant. I am praying for ignorant! What kind of country will we have if we let ignorance prevail?

But I do agree, you are a better wordsmith than I!
It is a fact that I was laid yesterday.
Got a review?

Fundamentally, most of what is said here boils down to opinion. In my opinion, the man is no more a practicing Muslim than WTF is an altar boy.

Fundamentally......WTF is an altar boy. Originally Posted by Sa_artman

he lit a few candles in his youth
TOme, the larger question here is since when did we start allowing the Media to make the decision for us on what we thnk the topics of the day are, and who the F@#K put them in charge of becoming the voice of the people, on both sides of the debate. Its the pure inaction (and in my opinion laziness) of our society as a whole that allows these discussions to become about more that what they should be. IS he doing the job or not... Until we get some balls as the citizens of this country, and decide to take it back, we will forever be doomed into allowing this to happen, and we shall remain in the grasp of a puppet govt. that is controlled by those who understand that the only way to truley rule people is by fear and misinformation. WE need to look at ourselves if we want things to change, and if it doesn't its our own damned fault.
  • WTF
  • 08-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Got a review?

Fundamentally, most of what is said here boils down to opinion. In my opinion, the man is no more a practicing Muslim than WTF is an altar boy. Originally Posted by Sa_artman
Well we don't know for a fact that the sun will rise in the morning but if you don't wanna call it a fact that it will rise, I'll not argue. I guess you could call it a pretty damn strong opinion that it will though. These cats that think Obama is a Muslim are the same folks that get their news from the Globe! Serious nutcases when it comes to polotics, IMHO!

You right, I ain't no altar boy, not enough vagina in that gig!

he lit a few candles in his youth Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Now that was funny!(you getting pretty good at this, diploma in the mail, Graduate degree from the WTF school of chit talkn)