Weiner is a modern human being (by Alec Baldwin)

We are all going to be @#$% minorities

"Republicans are demanding spending cuts that would equal the total increase in the debt limit."

Butt if Republicans will not do away with 1.) Bush tax cuts 2.) Fix the corporate tax to a flat percent 3.) take out farm, oil, and other @#$% subsidies.

We are just @#$%
Ass? Huh? You do have anger management issues Originally Posted by Marshall
Yes I have anger management issues. I can't tolerate fools. mea culpa!
Yes I have anger management issues. Originally Posted by pjorourke

You need to get a grip on yourself....your behavior of late has been over the line.....this is just an internet message board....it's not meant to be taken seriously
I see nothing in PJ's post that contradicts what I said. He was a racist and I know of no modern Democrat who idolizes Wilson. And I don't know where the blurb came from -- Wikipedia, I suspect -- but many of the legislative achievements of Wilson's first term were made through strong Congressional action and without a great deal of legislative leadership. I know the most about the Federal Reserve Act. It was passed as a reaction to a proposal put forward by Republicans, called the Aldrich Proposal, to have essentially a private (or series of private) central banks. The Glass-Owens act was a legislative counter response to this that created the current Federal Reserve System. Like much of the legislative agenda that was passed, this type of legislation had been stalled for several sessions because of insufficient numbers of Democrats in the House and a Republican majority in the Senate.

Before 1912, Speaker Champ Clark had a narrow majority. The Democrats picked up 50 or 60 seats in the election. In the Senate, the gains were smaller, but gave the Democrats control. This accounted for much of the legislative activity in Wilson's first term.

If anyone is really interested, I have two or three biographies of Wilson I can cite you to for background information, although I think they are currently boxed up. A couple of them are out of print and I don't know of a good biography of Wilson that is currently in print. The best is a mult-volume one by a guy named Link, if I recall correctly. There is one by some nut named Pesatto or something like that that is fairly recent, but is not very good at all.

And WTF points out one of the reasons that Wilson is not a hero to many progressive Democrats -- he had a very highly interventionist foreign policy that is more the basis for the idiocy of George Bush than anything that resembles mainstream Democratic foreign policy these days. Wilson, like Bush, was a dedicated cultural imperialist. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
DING! DING! DING! You may be on the verge of an epiphany. Now, I'll amend what I said earlier about Wilson's heros from the liberal poulation to the liberal politicians. The democratic party's politicans are not the democrats of old. "I didn't leave the Democratic party, the Democratic party left me." - Ronald Wilson Reagan. Everyone knows that JFK would be considered a conservative by today's standards.

The left has been listening and regurgitating the same crap that came from Wilson, e.g., The US Constitution is living and breathing. Wilson was a KKK advocate and guess what party Byrd et.al. chose? That's right, the KKK grandmaster chose the Democrat party. Another example, Hillary Clinton praised Margaret Sanger who was one of the biggest racists to ever walk the face of the earth, she also said during the 2008 primary, "I prefer the term progressive." It was Wilson who was the father of the Progressive movement and there are plenty of Liberal Politicans who quote him daily.

Another example would be to look up the naming of public schools after the racist Wilson and where are the predominantly located, poor urban communities. I doubt that the students and families of the Woodrow Wilson school here in Dallas even know that Wilson was pro-segragation.
  • WTF
  • 06-15-2011, 06:08 PM
"I didn't leave the Democratic party, the Democratic party left me." - Ronald Wilson Reagan. Everyone knows that JFK would be considered a conservative by today's standards.

. Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler

And Nixon and Reagan would be considered liberal by today's standards..Nixon was for national healthcare and Reagan immigration stance would sink him in the primaries.

What is your point DFW ?

That only liberals are racist?

You and Marshall are the only one's here that believe that crap.
I see nothing in PJ's post that contradicts what I said. He was a racist and I know of no modern Democrat who idolizes Wilson. And I don't know where the blurb came from -- Wikipedia, I suspect -- but many of the legislative achievements of Wilson's first term were made through strong Congressional action and without a great deal of legislative leadership. I know the most about the Federal Reserve Act. It was passed as a reaction to a proposal put forward by Republicans, called the Aldrich Proposal, to have essentially a private (or series of private) central banks. The Glass-Owens act was a legislative counter response to this that created the current Federal Reserve System. Like much of the legislative agenda that was passed, this type of legislation had been stalled for several sessions because of insufficient numbers of Democrats in the House and a Republican majority in the Senate.

Before 1912, Speaker Champ Clark had a narrow majority. The Democrats picked up 50 or 60 seats in the election. In the Senate, the gains were smaller, but gave the Democrats control. This accounted for much of the legislative activity in Wilson's first term.

If anyone is really interested, I have two or three biographies of Wilson I can cite you to for background information, although I think they are currently boxed up. A couple of them are out of print and I don't know of a good biography of Wilson that is currently in print. The best is a mult-volume one by a guy named Link, if I recall correctly. There is one by some nut named Pesatto or something like that that is fairly recent, but is not very good at all.

And WTF points out one of the reasons that Wilson is not a hero to many progressive Democrats -- he had a very highly interventionist foreign policy that is more the basis for the idiocy of George Bush than anything that resembles mainstream Democratic foreign policy these days. Wilson, like Bush, was a dedicated cultural imperialist. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
And Nixon and Reagan would be considered liberal by today's standards..Nixon was for national healthcare and Reagan immigration stance would sink him in the primaries.

What is your point DFW ?

That only liberals are racist?

You and Marshall are the only one's here that believe that crap. Originally Posted by WTF
Get your facts straight. Reagan's immigration policy was a COMPROMISE with the Democratic Congress. There are racists of all flavors, but your choice of decrying seems to lean the other way trying to make it appear that only conservatives are racist. Have a great day! Bleet much?
  • WTF
  • 06-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Get your facts straight. Reagan's immigration policy was a COMPROMISE with the Democratic Congress. There are racists of all flavors, but your choice of decrying seems to lean the other way trying to make it appear that only conservatives are racist. Have a great day! Bleet much? Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler
Have you lost your mind? I agreed with PJ, I think we all can be racist, it is to more or less prevalentin one political slant or the other.

As to Reagan...you are either not telling the truth or you do not know the truth. Either way , enjoy this link and learn. This from The Cato Institute, you have heard of them right? I'm no lover of Ronnie but I do like seeing the truth! How about that Paul Revere warning the British of there own raid! Who knew.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=2705

But another aspect of Reagan's record that should not be forgotten was his commitment to keeping America open to trade and immigration....

....Compare Reagan's hopeful, expansive, and inclusive view of America with the dour, crabbed, and exclusive view that characterizes certain conservatives who would claim his mantle. Their view of the world could not be more alien to the spirit of Ronald Reagan.

I think they are talking about you and Marshall with that last line!
Have you lost your mind? I agreed with PJ, I think we all can be racist, it is to more or less prevalentin one political slant or the other.

As to Reagan...you are either not telling the truth or you do not know the truth. Either way , enjoy this link and learn. This from The Cato Institute, you have heard of them right? I'm no lover of Ronnie but I do like seeing the truth! How about that Paul Revere warning the British of there own raid! Who knew.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=2705

But another aspect of Reagan's record that should not be forgotten was his commitment to keeping America open to trade and immigration....

....Compare Reagan's hopeful, expansive, and inclusive view of America with the dour, crabbed, and exclusive view that characterizes certain conservatives who would claim his mantle. Their view of the world could not be more alien to the spirit of Ronald Reagan.

I think they are talking about you and Marshall with that last line! Originally Posted by WTF
Reagan was my Commander and Cheif when I enlisted, but again you don't know me and have no idea what I think about his legacy. What I actually believe would be shocking to you and everyone else on this board. l would appreciate that you not put words my mouth nor compare me to someone else.

http://www.cis.org/articles/1997/back197.htm
Reagan thought he had an understanding with democrats to do comprehensive immigration reform.....he was a compassionate man who made the mistake of taking democrats at their word....nobody's perfect, but pinko libs laugh at people when they aren't perfect and make a mistake.....
You need to get a grip on yourself....your behavior of late has been over the line.....this is just an internet message board....it's not meant to be taken seriously Originally Posted by Marshall
Yeah right. Thats my problem. It has nothing to do with stray morons.
  • WTF
  • 06-15-2011, 08:01 PM
. l would appreciate that you not put words my mouth nor compare me to someone else.

http://www.cis.org/articles/1997/back197.htm Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler
You would appreciate if I did not put words in your mouth , yet you ask if I bleet much.

btw the Cato Institute is not a person. So I really wasn't comparing you to someone else. I was telling you that they seemed to be speaking to people like you and Marshall.

Have a great day! Bleet much? Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler
  • WTF
  • 06-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Reagan thought he had an understanding with democrats to do comprehensive immigration reform.....he was a compassionate man who made the mistake of taking democrats at their word....nobody's perfect, but pinko libs laugh at people when they aren't perfect and make a mistake..... Originally Posted by Marshall
Ronald could veto bills once passed. Just WTF are you trying to say? That the Dem's snuck some immigration bill past him?

Show me where Reagan thought he made a mistake on immigration.

You are just making shit up.

Reagan did not mind admitting his mistakes, his followers should follow that lead!

http://www.newworldradical.com/2011/...ow-we-can.html

That's not to say he didn't acknowledge mistakes on this front. Even Ronald Reagan, the conservative's conservative, understood that interventionist foreign policy can be dangerous. In 1983 he sent us into Lebanon, saying he would never back down. But after a couple hundred Marines were killed, the troops were taken out. In his memoirs, Reagan address this stating, “I said I would never turn tail and run. But I never realized the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics.” He found out the hard way that interventionist strategies aren't the best options. I only wish the conservatives who praise Reagan in every speech would also heed his own lessons learned.
Ronald could veto bills once passed. Just WTF are you trying to say? That the Dem's snuck some immigration bill past him?

Show me where Reagan thought he made a mistake on immigration.

You are just making shit up.

Reagan did not mind admitting his mistakes, his followers should follow that lead!

http://www.newworldradical.com/2011/...ow-we-can.html

That's not to say he didn't acknowledge mistakes on this front. Even Ronald Reagan, the conservative's conservative, understood that interventionist foreign policy can be dangerous. In 1983 he sent us into Lebanon, saying he would never back down. But after a couple hundred Marines were killed, the troops were taken out. In his memoirs, Reagan address this stating, “I said I would never turn tail and run. But I never realized the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics.” He found out the hard way that interventionist strategies aren't the best options. I only wish the conservatives who praise Reagan in every speech would also heed his own lessons learned. Originally Posted by WTF

The Reagan speaches on immigration are on youtube for all to see.....in them, he discusses COMPREHENSIVE immigration reform....democrats took the first step with him, but broke their promise on taking the second step with him.....it's not a veto issue......

you libs pull all these Saul Alinsky tactics like denying the truth even when the evidence proving you're wrong stares you in the face.....

libs upset conservatives by telling lies....conservatives upset libs by telling the truth......
Of course Reagan admits his mistakes, he's a conservative and that means he's honest......it's one of the reasons he is beloved.....do you think Odumbo will ever admit his mistakes? or do you think he'll double down on them?

nobody's perfect and we all know that, but libs laugh at people's imperfections
  • WTF
  • 06-16-2011, 08:08 AM
The Reagan speaches on immigration are on youtube for all to see.....in them, he discusses COMPREHENSIVE immigration reform....democrats took the first step with him, but broke their promise on taking the second step with him.....it's not a veto issue......

you libs pull all these Saul Alinsky tactics like denying the truth even when the evidence proving you're wrong stares you in the face.....

libs upset conservatives by telling lies....conservatives upset libs by telling the truth..... Originally Posted by Marshall

Is it not a fact that he granted AMNESTY to illegals ? Nuff said....

He would not stand a chance in the GOP as it now stands.

Here is part of Reagan's farewell speech. It says nothing of his regret on immigration, in fact Reagan was for free trade and open borders when it pertained to work. Nothing you say will change the facts. Reagan's own words prove you wrong.

''I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.''