Putting folks on ignore

I feel another "wah, wah, wah" coming on...speaking of ignore.
For the umpteenth time

#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.

This isn't about dates or locations. Use the PM function. Originally Posted by Dannie
You're right - I'm going to my room
For the umpteenth time

#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.

This isn't about dates or locations. Use the PM function. Originally Posted by Dannie

True as this statement is.... it is afterall the national forum...... some flirty banter is to be expected...... Ed is a teddybear w/a crush on all the girls so he cannot be helped...... he is powerless to them all!

JaD
Excellent points..... However some things in particular stick out to me......

I will disagree in the fact that you with your consistant "I do not care what they say" in that you do in some form or another..... which is completely understandable..... but if you don't care what is "fair" to them, then is it acceptable to you if they are not "fair" to you in return? The type of person you are notwithstanding, there is a certain level of double standards that you seem to be seeking in this particular instance...... at least it seems that way to me and others I have talked to about this....... and while the phrase "continued blog posts" may seem out done by the number of posts here to the contrary... the fact is that your blog posts are in a forum that can not be challenged, whereas they can be here, so it is only natural in a post-counter-post scenario and the depth to which you are able to post on your blog will naturally explain the disparaty of the number of entries........ Again, your avenue of response has been your blog, and theirs has been here when in direct response to quotes from that blog......

Ok, here is another instance that out of complete respect I must disagree (to most of this anyway).... you're right.... I have NO IDEA of the email, and that is inexcusable and simply absurd for someone to threaten another over the content discussed on a SHMB...... But that being said..... I have a little different recallection of those events (the death of a child issue should not be touched or revisited IMHO)..... in addition I think that certain misunderstandings are responsible for these issues escallating beyond repair...... part of which perhaps ignore could be a contributing problem........ Not to get on a point by point dispute of those listed events, but I think that if given a chance, and re-visited with a calmer frame of mind, things will look differently...... the MAJOR problem that happens (and what looked to me what HAPPENED here) is that it is so very hard to read intent, tone and inflection from the written word....... people's sense of humors do not exactly mesh up and what is a joke to one, could be considered HIGHLY offensive to another..... without question things in Houston for you escellated much further than it should have....... fact of the matter is that there is plenty of blame to go around there for all parties.......

My contention is that the end of this conflict is crippled by the ignore button.... by simply tuning certain persons out without giving them a chance to perhaps explain themselves, or even appologies when wrong, only makes those situations fester even further......

And only writing insulting remarks when its justifiable? That is a dangerous statement in its own right from my perspective...... who is the person who deems when being insulting is justifiable? Again, if it is good for you to do, does that make it acceptable for them to do the same? I think no on both accounts....

The problem I run into for both sides here is the lack of respect for the other side.... that is the truely deplorable crime in all of this....... accountability for one's own actions and a shared respect for one another should be of the utmost importance of anyone participating here..... the moment you lose site of that is the moment you should seriously re-evaluate you situation in life.... (and by "you" in this regard I am speaking to no one in particular but everyone)

But what does happen on ignore is when those you ignore DO in fact have concise words of wisdom, and could inevitably hold out an olive branch........ For example of wisdom missed:

Again... while you are well within your rights to ignore, and dislike whomever you like..... I just do not see the advantages of the ignore option to a great extent......

JaD Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude
OMG you just gave me a postgasm. I <3 U lol!
I feel another "wah, wah, wah" coming on...speaking of ignore. Originally Posted by London Rayne
True as this statement is.... it is afterall the national forum...... some flirty banter is to be expected...... Ed is a teddybear w/a crush on all the girls so he cannot be helped...... he is powerless to them all!

Yeah but pages and pages of it? I just quoted the two nearest posts...maybe the point got lost in my example....

And I heart You ...

and ed
Yeah but pages and pages of it? I just quoted the two nearest posts...maybe the point got lost in my example.... Originally Posted by Dannie

Well...... you could always use the ..... nah! fuck it! I ain't sayin it!

JaD

Postgasm!
Well.......it is a silly hooker message board....doesn't that mean we are supposed to ignore the smart hookers?
OMG you just gave me a postgasm. I <3 U lol! Originally Posted by Dannie
I thought we weren't supposed to say this in public but pms?

LMAO!!! Greatness!

Excellent points..... However some things in particular stick out to me......

I will disagree in the fact that you with your consistant "I do not care what they say" in that you do in some form or another..... which is completely understandable..... but if you don't care what is "fair" to them, then is it acceptable to you if they are not "fair" to you in return? The type of person you are notwithstanding, there is a certain level of double standards that you seem to be seeking in this particular instance...... at least it seems that way to me and others I have talked to about this....... and while the phrase "continued blog posts" may seem out done by the number of posts here to the contrary... the fact is that your blog posts are in a forum that can not be challenged, whereas they can be here, so it is only natural in a post-counter-post scenario and the depth to which you are able to post on your blog will naturally explain the disparaty of the number of entries........ Again, your avenue of response has been your blog, and theirs has been here when in direct response to quotes from that blog......

Ok, here is another instance that out of complete respect I must disagree (to most of this anyway).... you're right.... I have NO IDEA of the email, and that is inexcusable and simply absurd for someone to threaten another over the content discussed on a SHMB...... But that being said..... I have a little different recallection of those events (the death of a child issue should not be touched or revisited IMHO)..... in addition I think that certain misunderstandings are responsible for these issues escallating beyond repair...... part of which perhaps ignore could be a contributing problem........ Not to get on a point by point dispute of those listed events, but I think that if given a chance, and re-visited with a calmer frame of mind, things will look differently...... the MAJOR problem that happens (and what looked to me what HAPPENED here) is that it is so very hard to read intent, tone and inflection from the written word....... people's sense of humors do not exactly mesh up and what is a joke to one, could be considered HIGHLY offensive to another..... without question things in Houston for you escellated much further than it should have....... fact of the matter is that there is plenty of blame to go around there for all parties.......

My contention is that the end of this conflict is crippled by the ignore button.... by simply tuning certain persons out without giving them a chance to perhaps explain themselves, or even appologies when wrong, only makes those situations fester even further......

And only writing insulting remarks when its justifiable? That is a dangerous statement in its own right from my perspective...... who is the person who deems when being insulting is justifiable? Again, if it is good for you to do, does that make it acceptable for them to do the same? I think no on both accounts....

The problem I run into for both sides here is the lack of respect for the other side.... that is the truely deplorable crime in all of this....... accountability for one's own actions and a shared respect for one another should be of the utmost importance of anyone participating here..... the moment you lose site of that is the moment you should seriously re-evaluate you situation in life.... (and by "you" in this regard I am speaking to no one in particular but everyone)

But what does happen on ignore is when those you ignore DO in fact have concise words of wisdom, and could inevitably hold out an olive branch........ For example of wisdom missed:

Again... while you are well within your rights to ignore, and dislike whomever you like..... I just do not see the advantages of the ignore option to a great extent......

I'll say again... I don't care what they have to say, and I have no more to say to them...I don't care if they think it's fair, I simply don't give a shit anymore.....I'm so over all of it, I want nothing to do with any of those people...I don't sit around an dwell on this all day like they seem to do... We are all different, what works for one isn't always going to work for the other...I'm doing what works for me....ignoring all of them...that's not going to change...Bottom line...
I thought we weren't supposed to say this in public but pms? Originally Posted by Naomi4u
It's called irony but you are a quick study! Can't get anything past you!
It's called irony but you are a quick study! Originally Posted by Dannie
And It was a joke. You're not that quick sweetie . I'm not the one you're mad at.

Nice edit.