Self Defense or Murder

I see the twerp and ex-wife as being in the wrong

the guy had absolutely zero reason to take the man's life other than his own anger

it was unwarranted, there was no threat to the man when he shot

the ex husband had some verbiage earlier. but to me he was merely using words of bluster Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought

One of us would create a hung jury.
If other posters watched it they'd be hearing the law from a lawyers perspective.

I especially liked how he explained how the point at which you start watching has relevance in the law or possible outcome Originally Posted by WTF
Colion Noir does quite a few videos on the second amendment. He does a good job explaining the Law in terms of use of force with Firearms. Glad you found that video informative.
  • WTF
  • 12-09-2021, 07:13 PM
One of us would create a hung jury. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
It damn sure wouldn't be nevergivesitathought....he has been accused of a lot of thing on here but hung ain't one of'em!
you need a better writer
  • WTF
  • 12-10-2021, 09:37 AM
It damn sure wouldn't be nevergivesitathought....he has been accused of a lot of thing on here but hung ain't one of'em! Originally Posted by WTF
Have you watched the video that Levianon17 provided. The lawyer seems to agree with you but thinks it is a close call. He contends that the whole video needs to be taken in to consideration.
I understand that Texas law provides lethal force to be used in defense of life and property with much wider limits than in other states.
  • WTF
  • 12-10-2021, 10:46 AM
From watching the video...you can not use lethal force for trespassing.

The boyfriend retrieved the gun before any yhreayhs were made escalating the situtation.

I would hate to think that here in Texas...you could continually not provide the child at the designated pick up place and time and then shoot him because he gets pissed off.
I understand that Texas law provides lethal force to be used in defense of life and property with much wider limits than in other states. Originally Posted by ICU 812

A very important point especially since so many Democrats in so many states are on record as saying that trying to protect property with force, is not allowed hence the common phrase of "let it burn, it's just property". Easy to say when it isn't your property, your business, your livelihood that's burning.
  • WTF
  • 12-10-2021, 01:27 PM
A very important point especially since so many Democrats in so many states are on record as saying that trying to protect property with force, is not allowed hence the common phrase of "let it burn, it's just property". Easy to say when it isn't your property, your business, your livelihood that's burning. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
I suggest you read Lake a look at Texas law concerning deadly force and trespassing.

That is potentially what the father was doing. There was no destruction of property.
  • WTF
  • 12-11-2021, 08:18 AM
I suppose we will have to wait until after the charges/trial before LexusLover will chime in!

Mr Monday morning
You want it now?

HAHAHAHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHAHAH!
  • R.M.
  • 12-12-2021, 06:36 AM
I suppose we will have to wait until after the charges/trial before LexusLover will chime in!

Mr Monday morning Originally Posted by WTF
... Well, I hope he dont wait for Monday...

### Salty
From watching the video...you can not use lethal force for trespassing.

The boyfriend retrieved the gun before any yhreayhs were made escalating the situtation.

I would hate to think that here in Texas...you could continually not provide the child at the designated pick up place and time and then shoot him because he gets pissed off. Originally Posted by WTF

no however as the video also pointed out the ex-husband made threats to take the rifle away and use it against the boyfriend and grabbed for it. Nior called it a halfhearted attempt but its clear he did make an attempt. that factors also.

the boyfriend's case would be more clear and stronger if after they separated he waited just long enough for the ex-husband to make an aggressive move toward him.

it's close but i think the boyfriend has a razor thin margin to justify self defense.

of course the real cause of all this is the ex-wife who by court decree should have had the son there at the appointed time in the first place.
12 jurors will decide

early one morning about 5 a.m. I was in a mcdonald's drive thru

waiting for a senior coffee and sausage biscuit with four packs of black pepper, yeah that's me

and a white truck went screaming thru the shopping center parking lot behind me

then about two minutes later two black guys in a car came slowly driving around the McDonald's and pulled up right beside me as I waited in the drive thru in my white truck

the driver raised a handgun at me and all I had was a twenty two up behind me on a gun rack

luckily the passenger had stared at me and we looked at each other face to face a moment before and he saw I wasn't whoever they were looking for and put a hand on the driver's arm to lower the gun pointed at me

could I have retrieved my rifle and shot them both? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
That's a terrible situation to be in. If you were in fear of your life I don't see where the Law would obstruct you from using deadly force. The fact that you kept your cool for those few moments and the passenger had some degree of common sense is probably why it all turned out the way it did.