Mass Shooting In Orlando Florida Night Club.

• Old-T
  • 06-12-2016, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't disagree with you at all under peaceful circumstances. But when you have a religious sect that declares war on the U.S., anybody, American or not, that supports that enemy and it's evil ways, should be stripped of their Constitutional rights, and treated as a traitor and a war criminal and shipped to gitmo. I wouldn't be opposed to shipping them to Iraq either, those guys may be poor military fighters but you let them have an enemy to take down to the basement for "questioning", and they come back with all the intel! Originally Posted by nwarounder
The problem--as I pointed out several times now--is how do you tell a priori which ones are "supporters"? If someone says "I feel sorry for the Afghani civilians who are suffering.", is that enough to put them away? Every Muslim who goes to any mosque? Anyone who speaks Arabic at home, or associates with other Muslims at work (you would have to arrest damn near every cab driver in the US)? Yes--if you don't want to turn the country into a paranoid police state and declare martial law al la during the Civil War--then yes, you need the thought police.

What is YOUR definition of "support"?

Once someone does do something that clearly supports ISIS, etc., then I agree with doing something, but until then I think you are talking a far more dangerous threat to our way of life by running completely roughshod over the constitution. Read Hitler's arguments in his rise to power. Read Julius Caesar as he killed the Roman Republic for its own good. The Shogunate in medieval Japan. Odd, after declaring "temporary" martial law they all decided they liked the power and "temporary" lasted a very long time.
Actually, since you seem reading impaired today--I did.

LL posted it first, and I stated that my views on that question were the same as his.

By the way, speaking of "no fly" lists, just because you are on the NF list is not reason enough to prevent you from owning/buying a gun. One would think it should be, but the NRA has lobbied hard--and so far successfully--to claim the two are not connected.
Originally Posted by Old-T
I see the post. You quoted my question and then didn't answer it. Just provided a few rabbit holes. Then you started insulting another poster. At that point I stopped reading. Nothing is wrong with my reading, it's your writing.

I know the NF does not prevent someone from buying a gun and I agree that it shouldn't. There are still thousands of people on the NF that shouldn't be there. I remember reading a US pilot couldn't board the plane he was supposed to fly because his name was on the list!

No, my question is this guy was questioned and cleared by the FBI so was he ever on the NF list? I'm reading that his coworkers said he made many threatening remarks but was not fired because he was Muslim. One coworker quit because of him. At my place of work, people are now afraid of stating they are "antigay marriage", even "ProTrump" for fear that a coworker will be offended and accuse them of causing an "oppressive workplace." Threatening remark? One would be out the door immediately.

BTW, I wouldn't trust you to accurately characterize the NRA's or anyone else's position.
  • Old-T
  • 06-12-2016, 07:29 PM
You assholes are whining about words.

You ought to be whining about guns. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Words do matter. Far more people in history have been killed because of words than guns. Of course the guns do make it easier to act on hate filled words.
How about Tweets?
The problem--as I pointed out several times now--is how do you tell a priori which ones are "supporters"? If someone says "I feel sorry for the Afghani civilians who are suffering.", is that enough to put them away? Every Muslim who goes to any mosque? Anyone who speaks Arabic at home, or associates with other Muslims at work (you would have to arrest damn near every cab driver in the US)? Yes--if you don't want to turn the country into a paranoid police state and declare martial law al la during the Civil War--then yes, you need the thought police.

What is YOUR definition of "support"?

Once someone does do something that clearly supports ISIS, etc., then I agree with doing something, but until then I think you are talking a far more dangerous threat to our way of life by running completely roughshod over the constitution. Read Hitler's arguments in his rise to power. Read Julius Caesar as he killed the Roman Republic for its own good. The Shogunate in medieval Japan. Odd, after declaring "temporary" martial law they all decided they liked the power and "temporary" lasted a very long time.
Mooslems that don't support our constitution, they can suck eggs...

fuckem!

Words do matter. Far more people in history have been killed because of words than guns. Of course the guns do make it easier to act on hate filled words.

Stalin loves you two...

Surprise.
  • Old-T
  • 06-12-2016, 07:39 PM
How about Tweets? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Do tweets contain words?
  • Old-T
  • 06-12-2016, 07:51 PM
I see the post. You quoted my question and then didn't answer it. Just provided a few rabbit holes. Then you started insulting another poster.
You are kidding, right? You do know what forum this is? And after thousands of posts by you, IIFFy, King Tongue, and IB you have the audacity to complain of my insults? Oh well, that is the definition of hypocrisy on your part.

At that point I stopped reading. Nothing is wrong with my reading, it's your writing.No, I said it quite clearly. It just wasn't what you wanted to read.

I know the NF does not prevent someone from buying a gun and I agree that it shouldn't. There are still thousands of people on the NF that shouldn't be there. I remember reading a US pilot couldn't board the plane he was supposed to fly because his name was on the list!Then back to the question: if he should not be prevented from getting a gun, what should have been done to him? YOU are the one saying SOMETHING should have been--so what is that thing? Arrested for freedom of speech? If he threatened violence, I understand--but at the time LL commented--and I agreed--we did not have that info. Objecting to US policies in the Mideast? If THAT were to get someone arrested then a whole lot of posters here would be in trouble. No, you just want to strut and blither. WHAT would you have done?

No, my question is this guy was questioned and cleared by the FBI so was he ever on the NF list? I'm reading that his coworkers said he made many threatening remarks but was not fired because he was Muslim. One coworker quit because of him. At my place of work, people are now afraid of stating they are "antigay marriage", even "ProTrump" for fear that a coworker will be offended and accuse them of causing an "oppressive workplace." Threatening remark? One would be out the door immediately.Here I agree--if he made a threatening remark he should have been out. And I also agree that being anti-gay marriage, or pro-Trump, is no more "creating a hostile environment" than being anti-divorce, pro-Clinton, or pro-balanced budget. NONE of those should be stifled speech.

BTW, I wouldn't trust you accurately characterize the NRA's or anyone else's position. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Sorry if you live in the TX backwater and it takes a while for some things to reach you. I do try to enlighten you, but all I can do is tell the facts and you decide whether to listen. (Oh! That almost sounds like Fox News!)
You assholes are whining about words.

You ought to be whining about guns.

We need to protect ourselves against both. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Look, you idiots! Possessing or manufacturing pipe bombs is illegal in this country. They're banned! Completely!

Did that stop the Tsarnaev brothers? Fuck no it didn't!

Guns didn't walk into that night club and start killing people. An Islamic jihadist did! What do we really need to protect ourselves from?
  • Old-T
  • 06-12-2016, 07:57 PM
Look, you idiots! Possessing or manufacturing pipe bombs is illegal in this country. They're banned! Completely!

Did that stop the Tsarnaev brothers? Fuck no it didn't!

Guns didn't walk into that night club and start killing people. An Islamic jihadist did! What do we really need to protect ourselves from? Originally Posted by gfejunkie

Which is exactly why I said, "Words do matter. Far more people in history have been killed because of words than guns." Was that part not clear?
God you're dumb.
I am not the one who is bring up all this off the wall bullshit.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Sounds like you're confirming that you play with Ken dolls.

Go play with your Ken doll twink.

Short term memory loss? Or just stupid?
What did this retard above me just say?