How to "break up" with a client?

Why should I sacrifice the stability of my personal life for a client? Originally Posted by Eliza
You shouldn't, ever.
  • WTF
  • 02-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Even if I was to be charitable and give you half a point for that half-wit attempt at humor, you'd still be down by a couple 100. Originally Posted by pjorourke
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLso0ZBqOi4&feature=re lated"]YouTube- Sometimes the magic works...[/ame]
Better come in out of the rain WTF.
Separate Peace by John Knowles, great book
  • WTF
  • 02-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Separate Peace by John Knowles, great book Originally Posted by discreetgent
Ok I might have missed something DG but the clip was from 'Little Big Man' from a book of the same name by Thomas Berger.

I did follow your link and it looks like I have me some reading to do! Thank ya sir.

Speaking of book...,anyone read the new Freakenomics book? I'm leaving this gig and headed to B&N. That be Barnes and Noble Nic. At my age B&N is running a close third to GP. LOL
  • GP
  • 02-12-2010, 08:03 PM
At my age B&N is running a close third to GP. LOL Originally Posted by WTF
Ya lost me on that one.
Ok I might have missed something DG but the clip was from 'Little Big Man' from a book of the same name by Thomas Berger. Originally Posted by WTF
I was referencing the time to come in from the rain. The ending of A Separate Peace are those words.
Try to hook him up with another gal. Nothing makes a man forget about a woman, except another woman.
The best thing in this situation, is to divuldge the fact that you know he plays golf with your father, that when you started seeing him you were not aware of this, and that you feel this is a little too close to home for you, because you seperate your business from your family life, and that you would not want a uncomfortable situation to arise if in fact you were to meet while he was in the company of you father. To break off with him now based on some made up reason, does not mean that you will not come in contact with him while in your fathers presence in the future, and if at that thime he feels you ended your relationship with him because of the fact, and he is offended then he may out you anyway, but in a more mean spirited personal manner. If the business arrangement you and he has can continue, with out mutual personal discomfort then fine, but once he is aware, then he himself may agree that having a relationship with a friends daughter is a little close to home and that if you meet in the future you are both on the same page, No harm, No Foul.
  • Eliza
  • 02-13-2010, 10:25 AM
To all new advice givers, I have already decided on an action, but I thank you regardless.
  • WTF
  • 02-13-2010, 11:28 AM
I was referencing the time to come in from the rain. The ending of A Separate Peace are those words. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Gotchaya. Tell PJ that sometimes my jokes work and sometimes they don't!
Gotchaya. Tell PJ that sometimes my jokes work and sometimes they don't! Originally Posted by WTF
Welcome to the club.
To all new advice givers, I have already decided on an action, but I thank you regardless. Originally Posted by Eliza
You might ask the mods to close your thread now, Eliza.

It appears that your mind is made up and the thread has been going off-track with little side battles unrelated to the issue.

Anyway, it looks like your client is a condemned man and not even a last minute call from the governor will grant him a reprieve!
  • WTF
  • 02-13-2010, 02:20 PM

Anyway, it looks like your client is a condemned man and not even a last minute call from the governor will grant him a reprieve!
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
:laughin g1:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
Sheesh Gunn! Get some perspective.