NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Yeah, I though the last possession actually did good for Jacoby, better to fumble early than late...

I hope Eli gets injured on the first play of the game, and then David Carr lead's the Giants to a 49-13 win
When did Jacoby start playin for the 49ers???? JK. Originally Posted by Daddio
The Pats won despite Brady having a lackluster T.J. Yates type performance against the Ravens!
Satin.. Yeah I agree bout the probowl not being very exciting, especially since Foster won't be there... Again.
I think we need to go to this game instead:

So it's Settled. SB will be...

VS

Well, I'll be rooting for this team.. Ask the cowgirl fans why..:

AND here is why the Giants will win the Super Bowl...
The Best Football Play-by-Play Breakdown Ever we need one of these for the Texans ..hehehe
Nice one-eye
  • Satin
  • 01-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Cat-Man, I can tell you my boy DED have already fucked those chicks...nothing gets by him.

DED, make sure you hit me up about the SB party...

Two really good games today. If the SB is this good, we're in for a treat. So the Giants and Pats are the 2 best teams huh? I'm not buying it....
Satin.. Yeah I agree bout the probowl not being very exciting, especially since Foster won't be there... Again.
I think we need to go to this game instead:

So it's Settled. SB will be...

VS

Well, I'll be rooting for this team.. Ask the cowgirl fans why..:

AND here is why the Giants will win the Super Bowl...
The Best Football Play-by-Play Breakdown Ever we need one of these for the Texans ..hehehe Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
Yeah mayne, great pics! ESPECIALLY the last one!!!

I hope those 49er fans don't do ol' boy like some of these stupid ass Texans fans did to Jacoby Jones. Why the fuck you would want to burn the man's jersey in front of his house and send him death threats is beyond me.
I hope those 49er fans don't do ol' boy like some of these stupid ass Texans fans did to Jacoby Jones. Why the fuck you would want to burn the man's jersey in front of his house and send him death threats is beyond me. Originally Posted by kerwil62
Yeah man I totally agree on that. I think it may just be a rumor though. His agent says it never happened and I haven't seen any official reports yet. The only official reports are that the rumor is false. Of all the Texans fans I know, I can't think of one that even owns a Jacoby jersey.

Here are some articles that put the rumor to rest..

Disheartened Jacoby Jones Apologizes for his Mistake

Jacoby Jones Never in Any Danger

Although Jacoby's mistake was monumental, I think we gained back the lost momentum and it was Walter that couldn't haul in the game winning TD as it bounced off his shoulder. TJ also had his share of mis Q's. And of all the forced fumbles, we couldn't come up with at least 1?? However, since Jacoby had the biggest fuck up of all, that's why he is the scapegoat. I'd like to think Texans fans, though passionate, don't pull BS like that against one of our own.

BTW in addition to the muff, Jacoby did not catch a single pass in the playoffs.. damn

Hell, both games this weekend followed a similar format:

Ravens' Lee Evans with the go-ahead TD drop, followed by a missed FG chip shot for OT. Without even looking up stats, I believe Flacco out played Brady and Rice did what he couldn't do vs the H-Town Bullies. Tough loss for the Dirty Birdies.

SF's Kyle Williams, as mentioned by kerwil, with 2 fumbles on return... I think the last one was worse than Jacoby's as it gave the game away.. Giants & Niners are a pretty even match though with the G-Men going 6-1 in their last 7. The last 5 were all against good opponents with their season on the line.

I think ELI played an outstading game. The dude (who looks more like a Dopey than Dopey does) took a major ass whooping and never looked hurt or even bothered. In a game that looked to be all defense, Eli still threw for 316 w/ 2 TD's and 0 INT's and the Niners lead the league in TO's this year @ +28.

Hell, while I'm at it.... its Tuesday afterall..

2012 Playoff Standouts only the ones I care about of course.. hehehe

Passing: 1st (still) Drew Brees 928yds | 2nd Eli Manning 923 yds | Brady 602 yds| However, Brady & Brees played 2 games as Eli has played 3

Passer Rating: 1st (still) Drew Brees 110.1 | 2nd Tom Brady 105.8 | 3rd Eli Manning 103.1 | TJ has a measly 53.8

Rushing Yards: 1st (still) Arian Foster 285yds (2 games played) | 2nd Ahamad Bradshaw 200yds (w/3 games played) |3rd not even close to these 2 fellers

Tackles: 4th Ray-Ray 20 | 5th Cushing 19

Sacks: all tied @ 1st: B. Reed 3.5, JJ Watt 3.5, Osi Umenyiora 3.5 (Osi played 3 games Watt and Reed of course only 2)... damn! Way to go rooks!

Total Defense: 1st Texans 263.5yds allowed | 2nd Giants 321.0yds allowed | 3rd Ravens 322.5 yds allowed | 4th Brady Bunch 325.0yds allowed

BTW FYI the dude hoe hogging in that SC pic I posted is Osi... LOL
I LOL'D @ "not knowing anyone with a Jones jersey." How true.

Check this out guys: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...f-60f0ea4c9a19
I wish Our Dopey would lead us to the Super Bowl!! Eli does look a little goofy, but the mfer can play. I thought he played real well against a tough SF D. Hell Peyton looks a little goofy come to think about it. This will be the only time Schaub gets compared to the Mannings, on the Dopeymeter!!

All this talk about the Texans in the Super Bowl next year, I don't know man, i think this was our year to do something. We had that pussy ass schedule and the breaks went our way more times than not, we were due to get the breaks after the jacksonville hail mary bullshit the year before.

I would rank the AFC like this next year:

Pats
Ravens
Steelers
Texans
Jets
Chargers
Bengals
Titans
Colts(iffy depends on Peyton)

Oh and once again, great post One Eye, that's what I call a pro bowl!!!
  • Satin
  • 01-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Lmao....Daddio, I gotta agree with most of what you said. The Mannings do both look kinda dopey, but those are some bad boys. Just mentioning our Dopey in the same sentence with them is a crime. Eli is a sick dude and there's some evidence that he's more "clutch" than his famous brother. Not better, just more clutch at the end of games.
Also, the last time I checked, they have now appeared in 3 Superbowls, which puts them both in another class.

Where you been big Daddie??
I wish Our Dopey would lead us to the Super Bowl!! Originally Posted by Daddio
Dopey Dude, we will never know if my gf's brother would have led us to this years Super Bowl. Will we?

I will say without any hesitation, we were one of the few teams left that still held a 1st class seat on the Super Bowl Express. And then Schaub broke his foot. The Texans overcame their share of key injuries this year but the one they couldn't overcome was Matt Schaub's.

What we do know with 100% accuracy, T.J. Yates wasn't able to get us to the Super Bowl.

I will give credit where credit is due. The 17 points per game, T.J. Yates did better than I expected. I predict T.J. will give Matt Leinart a run for his money for the #1 backup spot behind the 2012 Texans starting qb. The 27 point per game, Matt Schaub!
Well, I've been getting ready to tryout for Cheerleader Mascot next year... They're making progress on my new uniform...

Can't wait to be a the bottom of the pyramid..

Texans shouldnt even be on the list

I wish Our Dopey would lead us to the Super Bowl!! Eli does look a little goofy, but the mfer can play. I thought he played real well against a tough SF D. Hell Peyton looks a little goofy come to think about it. This will be the only time Schaub gets compared to the Mannings, on the Dopeymeter!!

All this talk about the Texans in the Super Bowl next year, I don't know man, i think this was our year to do something. We had that pussy ass schedule and the breaks went our way more times than not, we were due to get the breaks after the jacksonville hail mary bullshit the year before.

I would rank the AFC like this next year:

Pats
Ravens
Steelers
Texans
Jets
Chargers
Bengals
Titans
Colts(iffy depends on Peyton)

Oh and once again, great post One Eye, that's what I call a pro bowl!!! Originally Posted by Daddio
Freddo(BigTex) aka BigTalk, aka Big Douche,

One thing we are certain of is that TJ Yates has one more playoff win than Matt Schaub. I expect this to stay the same for quite some time as Dopey will not be able to remain healthy for an entire season.

We are also certain that TJ secured the win to put us in the playoffs vs the Bengals with and Elway type 80 yard drive. We are also certain that TJ was QB'ing when we beat the Falcons another playoff team the week before to put us into position to make the playoffs with another victory.

We are also certain of the record of the teams the Texans played in the first 10 weeks of the season, it was 75-85. Of the teams we actually beat in the first 10 games the record was 42-70. The Texans only quality win in the first 10 weeks was against the banged up Steelers. If you take the Steelers record out of the equation the record of the teams we beat in the first 10 weeks is 30-66. We lost to the Ravens, Saints and Raiders.

To recap for you because I know you ride the short bus wherever you go, in wins against playoff teams Dopey was 1-2 and TJ was 2-0.

Now onto why I think we will struggle next year. It starts with Kubes, he is very predictable in what he is doing with play calling. He coaches not to lose instead of to win and deliver the knockout blow when you have the other team on the ropes. He is too pass happy as well. When you have studs like Foster and Tate you need to continue to pound the rock.

Schaub can't stay healthy. Schaub has been hurt and missed games in 3 out of 5 seasons with the Texans. Schaub under produces when he is in and doesn't get wins that are there to be had. Schaub can't handle the pass rush or extend the play. Schaub did have his best year going until he was hurt but that was against an easy schedule.

The schedule is much tougher next season. With games against the NFC North vs Packers, Bears, Lions and Vikes and the AFC East vs the Pats, Jets, Dolphins and Bills wins will be hard to come by. None of these games are sure victories.

Positives, Wade Phillips and the Defense. Kudos to Owner Bob McNair is getting this guy on board with us, he is much better than Kubes attempts at hiring D Coordinators.

Another positive is our nice deep roster, quality backups like Tate, Reid, Dobbins, and Yates really came through for us this year.

I am hoping we make the playoffs next season but I think it will be a challenge and our defense will have to pave the way.
One thing we are certain of is that TJ Yates has one more playoff win than Matt Schaub. I expect this to stay the same for quite some time as Dopey will not be able to remain healthy for an entire season. Originally Posted by Daddio
Schaub played the entire 16 game schedule in both in the 2009 and the 2010 seasons. He started the first 10 games of the 2011 season. When Schaub went down with a broken foot, he had started 42+ consecutive games for the Texans.

42+ consecutive starts sounds pretty healthy to me!

The following stats are based upon the 10 games that Schaub played in 2011 vs. the 8 games T.J. played in.

Schaub completed 178 out of 292 thrown for 2479 yards = 247.9 yards per game.
Yates completed 110 out of 189 thrown for 1292 yards = 161.5 yards per game.

Schaub averaged 8.6 yards for each pass thrown and 13.9 yards per pass completion.
Yates averaged 6.8 yards for each pass thrown and 11.7 yards per pass completion.

Schaub had a qb rating of 96.8%
Yates had a qb rating of 79.7%

Schaub threw 15 TD passes = 1.5 td passes per game
Yates threw 4 TD passes = .5 td passes per game

Schaub threw 6 interceptions = 1 pick for every 48.7 passes thrown.
Yates threw 6 interceptions = 1 pick for every 31.5 passes thrown.

Schaub was sacked 15 times and lost 3 fumbles.
Yates was sacked 17 times and lost 5 fumbles.

Schaub ran the ball 15 times for 9 yards and scored 2 td's rushing.
Yates ran the ball 16 times for 54 yards and scored 0 td's rushing.

In the 10 games Schaub played in, the Texans record was 7-3.
In the 8 games Yates played in, the Texans record was 4-4.

In the 10 games Schaub played in the Texans averaged 27.3 ppg.
In the 8 games Yates played in the Texans averaged 19 ppg.

The stats don't lie, draw your own conclusions!