The many hateful trans threads this Easter weekend

Word of Man means nothing it changes with the season. Word of God always remains the same. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Horse manure. There are no words of God that weren’t penned by man.

Faith is just that, faith. A belief in something greater than yourself. Easy pickings through the ages for ambitious churches to control the masses.

And the most pious continue to use it to hypocritically excuse their intolerance and bigotry. This topic is a prime example.

As the prophet Frank Zappa penned:

“ You can't run a country
By a book of religion
Not by a heap
Or a lump or a smidgeon
Of foolish rules
Of ancient date
Designed to make
You all feel great
While you fold, spindle
And mutilate
Those unbelievers
From a neighboring state”

Faith is just that, faith. A belief in something greater than yourself. Easy pickings through the ages for ambitious churches to control the masses.

And the most pious continue to use it to hypocritically excuse their intolerance and bigotry. This topic is a prime example.

By a book of religion
Not by a heap
Or a lump or a smidgeon
Of foolish rules
Of ancient date
Designed to make
You all feel great
While you fold, spindle
And mutilate
Those unbelievers
From a neighboring state” Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Well that's too bad that you feel that way. You'll just have to settle with man and his silly little News Casts. You can live in that false world if you want. Don't expect to get very far though.
Word of Man means nothing it changes with the season. Word of God always remains the same. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I’m sure you are right, however the problem is the fact that the Word of God is filtered through the hands of men. Organized religion can be both good and bad and is usually only determined after the fact.

It’s my opinion that the discrimination against transgender people will be found to be decidedly “bad” as time passes
I grew up in a community where the words in the book were all subject to debate and argument. In fact, disagreement was encouraged to deepen one’s understanding of ethical behavior. I still believe a lot of that, and that calling bullshit is healthy. Godlike, probably not, but I’m living here on earth. So I’ll continually to call bullshit when our fellow man (ahem) is hated in the name of the Lord,

I will admit to have had a burning bush or two in my lifetime but the doctor gave me something for it. I don’t know if God spoke to me, but I did I call out for his son.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
I’m sure you are right, however the problem is the fact that the Word of God is filtered through the hands of men. Organized religion can be both good and bad and is usually only determined after the fact.

It’s my opinion that the discrimination against transgender people will be found to be decidedly “bad” as time passes Originally Posted by txdot-guy
Transgender people made the decision on their own to live the way they do. Now if they are truly happy with their decision then they don't need my approval or anyone else's.
I grew up in a community where the words in the book were all subject to debate and argument. In fact, disagreement was encouraged to deepen one’s understanding of ethical behavior. I still believe a lot of that, and that calling bullshit is healthy. Godlike, probably not, but I’m living here on earth. So I’ll continually to call bullshit when our fellow man (ahem) is hated in the name of the Lord,

I will admit to have had a burning bush or two in my lifetime but the doctor gave me something for it. I don’t know if God spoke to me, but I did I call out for his son.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Sounds like an Atheist thing.
  • Tiny
  • 04-07-2024, 12:00 PM
“There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28 is quite clear. There is little doubt about the point Paul is making: In Christ we are all the same — we are equal with one another."

https://www.cbeinternational.org/res...0one%20another.

When you include the text of the entire verse it reads a little differently, no? Originally Posted by Ducbutter
Ducbutter, I also disagree with Patterson's interpretation, that this shows the early Church did not accept male domination of society. However, I like my interpretation better than yours. I think Paul is saying that in Christ Jesus, there are no Jews and Greeks, or slaves and masters, or men and women. Instead there are only global citizens, free men, and non-binaries!

Sincerely,

Tiny
Doctor of Divinity, 2004
DeVry Correspondence School of Theologism

By a book of religion
Not by a heap
Or a lump or a smidgeon
Of foolish rules
Of ancient date
Designed to make
You all feel great
While you fold, spindle
And mutilate
Those unbelievers
From a neighboring state” Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I'm adding you to my prayers Yssup.

Seriously, despite my learned interpretations of Biblical passages in this thread, I don't believe the Good Book has anything to say directly about transgenderism. A eunuch isn't the same as a transgender female who takes hormones and adopts a role as a woman. The Bible does have a lot to say indirectly though, like "Love thy neighbor as thyself."
Transgender people made the decision on their own to live the way they do. Now if they are truly happy with their decision then they don't need my approval or anyone else's. Originally Posted by Levianon17
So what you’re saying is that the bigotry they face is their fault. Whether you believe that they have a choice or not doesn’t justify the hate and bigotry that comes their way.
So what you’re saying is that the bigotry they face is their fault. Whether you believe that they have a choice or not doesn’t justify the hate and bigotry that comes their way. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
That's one of the side effects of living an alternative life style. Many people simply don't feel obligated to regard them as something they aren't. Plus most Transgenders don't really pull it off.
Like the hobby lifestyle?

Irony, meet hypocrisy, meet your cousin …
Wow. Just wow. I've never seen this many ardently religious people on a Pay 4 Play board before. And some of them with "encounters?" What's the deal?
  • Tiny
  • 04-09-2024, 11:31 AM
Wow. Just wow. I've never seen this many ardently religious people on a Pay 4 Play board before. And some of them with "encounters?" What's the deal? Originally Posted by Salty_dick
I'll pray for you too Salty Dick.
I'll pray for you too Salty Dick. Originally Posted by Tiny
Don't put yourself to any trouble. Looks like you have a long list, and I wouldn't want your knees to give out. Thanks anyway.
You were expecting it to be burned onto stone tablets by the burning bush sort of thing? You realize how many tablets that would be? Shoot howdy, they would still be carrying them down the mountain side...

It’s my opinion that the discrimination against transgender people will be found to be decidedly “bad” as time passes Originally Posted by txdot-guy
That's one of the side effects of living an alternative life style. Many people simply don't feel obligated to regard them as something they aren't. Plus most Transgenders don't really pull it off. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Some of us feel that believing in gods is an alternative lifestyle. I've noticed most people that profess to be Christians aren't really pulling it off either.

Why would the rest of us feel obligated to put up with any of that silliness?