New Obamacare Prices - Hot off the Press - Liberals Lied about reducing costs

It's not about healthcare. Never has been. It is about government control. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
COF, the Affordable Care Act will effect about 30 million people. These people can't get health insurance where they work or in the individual market. The other 270 million citizens will continue to get their health insurance where they work. If you work at a large company like ATT, IBM, GM, Google, Apple, WalMart you will continue to get your health insurance through your company. It's now about government control. It's about getting health insurance to the 30 million citizens who don't have it. If everyone could get health insurance where they work, you would not need a new law.
COF, the Affordable Care Act will effect about 30 million people. These people can't get health insurance where they work or in the individual market. The other 270 million citizens will continue to get their health insurance where they work. If you work at a large company like ATT, IBM, GM, Google, Apple, WalMart you will continue to get your health insurance through your company. It's now about government control. It's about getting health insurance to the 30 million citizens who don't have it. If everyone could get health insurance where they work, you would not need a new law. Originally Posted by flghtr65
I highly doubt it will effect 30 million people. According to gallup polls, about 30% of Americans do not even know there is a law or don't know anything about it and 33% of the people think it has been repealed. The prices coming in except for your high cost of living areas seem to be staying flat or higher, so if they can't afford health insurance now, they won't be able to afford it October 1st. My guess is you won't be hearing from Obama on October 2nd of how many people signed up the first day either. But we will see.
  • CJ7
  • 09-29-2013, 08:13 PM
I highly doubt it will effect 30 million people. According to gallup polls, about 30% of Americans do not even know there is a law or don't know anything about it and 33% of the people think it has been repealed. The prices coming in except for your high cost of living areas seem to be staying flat or higher, so if they can't afford health insurance now, they won't be able to afford it October 1st. My guess is you won't be hearing from Obama on October 2nd of how many people signed up the first day either. But we will see. Originally Posted by nwarounder
why is it you keep forgetting that the people who cant afford insurance are the people that will get a subsidy so they can afford it ?
why is it you keep forgetting that the people who cant afford insurance are the people that will get a subsidy so they can afford it ? Originally Posted by CJ7
Exactly. If you make less than 400% over the poverty level, you will get help to pay your Obamacare premium. So, a family of 4 that makes less than $80,000 will get help to pay their premium when they sign up at the insurance exchange. Nwarounder forgets a lot of things concerning the ACA, even though he works in the health industry.
I highly doubt it will effect 30 million people. According to gallup polls, about 30% of Americans do not even know there is a law or don't know anything about it and 33% of the people think it has been repealed. The prices coming in except for your high cost of living areas seem to be staying flat or higher, so if they can't afford health insurance now, they won't be able to afford it October 1st. My guess is you won't be hearing from Obama on October 2nd of how many people signed up the first day either. But we will see. Originally Posted by nwarounder
It is estimated that 30 plus million people in the USA are uninsured. The CBO estimates that tens of millions of people will be signing up at the insurance exchanges. So we will see. I am curious why do you care? Where you work your doctors do not or will not accept patients with a medicare or an Obamacare policy.
why is it you keep forgetting that the people who cant afford insurance are the people that will get a subsidy so they can afford it ? Originally Posted by CJ7
I guess I have forgotten. Remind me, is this subsidy not already deducted from the price of their monthly payments that are being quoted? Or will they have to wait a year to get that subsidy deducted from their taxes? Or another scenario?
  • CJ7
  • 09-29-2013, 08:45 PM
I guess I have forgotten. Remind me, is this subsidy not already deducted from the price of their monthly payments that are being quoted? Or will they have to wait a year to get that subsidy deducted from their taxes? Or another scenario? Originally Posted by nwarounder

good question ... you apply for a subsidy based on income, not sure if its deducted from the price of the policy you decide to buy upfront or get a lump sum check so you can buy what you want

either way

oh snap

Individuals with low and moderate incomes may be eligible for a tax credit, which can be used right away, like a gift card, to reduce their monthly premiums.
good question ... you apply for a subsidy based on income, not sure if its deducted from the price of the policy you decide to buy upfront or get a lump sum check so you can buy what you want

either way

oh snap

Individuals with low and moderate incomes may be eligible for a tax credit, which can be used right away, like a gift card, to reduce their monthly premiums. Originally Posted by CJ7
That is the main problem I see everywhere I turn. Nobody knows.
Maybe fighter can tell us. And yes, fighter, it is not going to affect me in anyway other than the taxes which are meh...I just don't like the government trying to force people in to do something they do not want to do. Some call it freedom, liberty....
yeah, and the decline of the american economy under the weight of a shattered health care system....

Don't leave that out Whiny... Or deny the burden of health care costs on the economy.

You guys won't know what to do when the sky doesn't fall. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Would that be the SAME "shattered health care system" that "caused the decline" of the recovery under REAGAN? and the SAME "shattered health care system" that 85% of the population liked, and that President Obama said "if you like your health care plan you can keep it"?
What does it matter if the ppl who don't have health insurance can get it under dumbamacare when they won't be able to afford the health insurance and the treatment!!!

COF, the Affordable Care Act will effect about 30 million people. These people can't get health insurance where they work or in the individual market. The other 270 million citizens will continue to get their health insurance where they work. If you work at a large company like ATT, IBM, GM, Google, Apple, WalMart you will continue to get your health insurance through your company. It's now about government control. It's about getting health insurance to the 30 million citizens who don't have it. If everyone could get health insurance where they work, you would not need a new law. Originally Posted by flghtr65
What does it matter if the ppl who don't have health insurance can get it under dumbamacare when they won't be able to afford the health insurance and the treatment!!! Originally Posted by therock18
The issue for the uninsured is getting insured. A lot of people are shut out of the individual market because they have a pre-existing condition, not because they can't afford the premium. The health insurance companies do not wish to insure unhealthy people. This will change with the ACA. A family of 4 that makes less than $80,000 will get help to pay their premium. Your question is just to general. A single male in Dallas who is 27 years old and makes $25,000 will have a premium of $80 per month for a policy. $80 per month is affordable for an income of $25,000. I am not going to go over every income range and every type of policy. The bottom line is being insured is better than not being insured. There will be doctors and hospitals that will accept an Obamacare policy.
Bullshit.
how is that bullshit, whiny?

Do you buy your own premium?

Is a self-employed men's room attendant better covered under bronze or platinum?

You prefer insurance company extortion. Obviously that's infinitely "freer" than a system where laws can be changed through elections and Vox Populii.

It's you who are full of bullshit. you resist any mandate, but lay down your life for big insurance.

Manwhore!
Bullshit. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
COF you are crazy. Do you think 300 million people will be logging on or calling the 800 number to the government exchanges on Oct 1st? Obamacare is only for 30 to 40 million people. Everyone else will be getting their health insurance where they work. You have been drinking too much of the Ron Paul cool aid. Didn't Ron Paul go home from the republican primaries 5 weeks after Michelle Airhead Bachman with a grand total of 66 delegates?
It's bullshit. Plain and simple. I don't buy the lie. You do. Sad.