Longhorns football 2017

Two games to go, at WV and home to Texas Tech. Need 1 win for a possible bowl invitation. Giving up 27 points to a team like Kansas is hardly a positive and the Texas offense was not exactly awesome. I certainly would like to see Ellinger back at 100%.
I think it’ll be both tech and texas at five wins when they play.

Herman is too cocky. He was successful at a non power 5 conference with no major wins..much like chuck. Think if chuck would have just stayed at Louisville and Texas would have stayed with Mack. Texas could at least always expect 8 wins. Now for the past four years, it’s hoping to luck into a bottom bowl.
Well we get a bowl game. Great win over WV. We will beat a shitty Tech team and end 7-5. We will go to a shitty bowl game and hopefully win that and be 8-5 while having the 2nd hardest schedule in college football. I'd say that would be a great turnaround.
Agree Derek. Defense really came through against WV. Decent season after all, esp. considering we could have won 3 more with just a few breaks. The team never quit fighting regardless of how dark things looked. Next year will be even better. It took Dabo Swinney 5 years to get 1st 10 win season at Clemson. I think Texas is on track to reach that plateau faster.
Lol against the backup wv qb.

If going to crappy bowl games was the goal they should have just stayed w mack.
6-6 now please tell me how they are better when the only thing that matters is ws.
Ellinger is all guts and no brains. I was traveling and only got to listen to most of the 3rd Q and all of the 4th Q driving into Austin. It sounded like he missed some crucial throws. He wasn't running good. Why not put Buechelle in mid way into the 4th Q? With 2 min left he tries to force a throw in and gets intercepted....again? Interceptions happen but that is just fucking stupid. You would loose your temper coaching a 12 year old if that happened more than once. Oh well...let's win the bowl game and have a winning season. Making a bowl game is progress.
Ellinger is all guts and no brains. I was traveling and only got to listen to most of the 3rd Q and all of the 4th Q driving into Austin. It sounded like he missed some crucial throws. He wasn't running good. Why not put Buechelle in mid way into the 4th Q? With 2 min left he tries to force a throw in and gets intercepted....again? Interceptions happen but that is just fucking stupid. You would loose your temper coaching a 12 year old if that happened more than once. Oh well...let's win the bowl game and have a winning season. Making a bowl game is progress. Originally Posted by derek303
That interception was a killer. You can certainly blame Ellinger for what definitely was a terrible throw, but it was a bad call by the coaches in my opinion. Run the ball and try to work the clock. UT has possibly the best punter in the nation so let him kick on 4th down and hopefully pin TT deep and force them to drive maybe 80 yards. Dumb.
The wv game would have been a loss too if the qb hadn’t broken his fingers. Don’t even pretend like it wouldn’t have been.

How are they going to replace the “graduates” or those who try to go to the nfl? And this qb by committee is dumb. Pick a guy and stay with him. I’ve heard that several are committed for next year (qbs)
Sweet. They are playing in the texas bowl v Missouri. I see 6-7. The sec picks what bowls they go to. This am, they had texas v ucla which would have been a loss too likely but it would have appeal.
So, apparently the DC is one of the few left for the smu hc job. While he is one of the highest paid assistant coaches, he has far more upward movement if he takes a hc job plus more money. If I were him, I would take it if offered unless he always wants to be under someone..it’s going to happen either this year or next
Hook'em!!!!!!!! Liked that Dickson was the mvp...... No matter what, Improvement!!!!
And they won a participation trophy.
And they won a participation trophy. Originally Posted by Congratulations
Yeah...maybe. But the truth is we dominated a team that had won 6 straight games in the SEC and was averaging 45 points the last 4 games. And we did it without a lot of our star players. I think sitting out the bowl game (even this shitty one) is a punk move. We ended up 7-6 and could easily of been 9-5 04 10-4. Next...lets see if Buechelle transfers out.
He should if herman is going to put the new signed ppl against them. Also, look who Missouri had played to win those games. Texas this year is as bipolar as it gets.