Why Texans are freezing their asses off

Maybe that's because he knows you're so easily incited!! Originally Posted by lustylad
"knows" .... there's a couple of opinions in your remark that are factless and inaccurate..... of course sarcasm does confuse some.
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I worked in a gas refinery
The storm was God's Work. The disaster was Man's Folly.

Natural gas is environmentally friendly because it burns cleaner than other fossil fuels. It's safer and easier to store when compared to other fossil fuels. Natural gas is extremely reliable, unlike electric power that can be knocked out during a storm. Natural gas is less expensive than other fossil fuels.
https://www.cgcohio.com/news/advanta...es-natural-gas

There will be more disasters visited upon those whose lives the "more intelligent" self-proclaimed elite disregard with their misadventures. Tax increases will continue to repair the losses so the "intelligent" won't have to get into their pockets to undo their misguided decisions and increase their own incomes.
You evidently have me confused with Mucus McLame, the dumbass in this forum who tries to cover for his ignorance by proclaiming, loudly and repeatedly, that he holds 3 Ivy League degrees. Originally Posted by lustylad
Why are you even bringing me up in this thread and calling me names? I don't think I even have a single post in this thread prior to this one. Obsess much? I'm not exactly feeling the love.

Dude, just believe I flunked out out of high school and I don't even have a GED. Fuck if I care either way if it makes you feel better. Just don't tell my employer that they pay me extra because of those 3 fake Ivy League degrees

Just for the record, I don't think you are remotely educated and you are like anyone who simply knows how to use a google search. Why do I say that? Because if you were educated, you wouldn't have even brought me up because I don't give a shit where anonymous people went to school on a whore board. I only care about where I went and what people are willing to pay me for where I graduated from. That's really what Ivy League fuckers care about because it's not only about the schools, but also about what you will make the rest of your career having those schools on your resume. Not that I would even know though because I'm still working on my GED. LOL
  • Tiny
  • 02-23-2021, 06:19 AM
"knows" .... there's a couple of opinions in your remark that are factless and inaccurate..... of course sarcasm does confuse some. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Fact less, opinionated, inaccurate, sarcastic? All he was doing was pointing out the difference between “insight” and “incite.” Take it and use it. I now use “principle” and “principal” correctly, most of the time, because of a similar remark LustyLad made, about one of my posts.
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2021, 07:08 AM
And get over your silly GDP obsession. You accuse me of cherry picking yet you're the one who chooses 3-year averages to obscure the fact that the economy was slowing down visibly under Obama and expanded by a meager 1.6% in his last year (2016). Fortunately Trump came in and kick-started the growth engine again.
! Originally Posted by lustylad

I believe the article linked below was written specifically for people of your ilk.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/un-...rs-51553801603

The most you can claim is that Obama’s final seven quarters, ending in first-quarter 2017, ran a thudding 1.5%, while his successor somehow pulled that out of the basement, boosting it to 2.7%. But that claim seems premature this early in the game.

This impartial scorecard should be contrasted with the approach taken by different partisans—since they might well reveal their partiality again.

Take a case of spinning the results in Trump’s favor. Speaking of “an economic takeoff that had failed to occur under the policies of the previous administration,” former Senator Phil Gramm claimed in a Wall Street Journal op-ed that “real gross domestic product grew by 3.1% from the fourth quarter of 2017 to the fourth quarter of 2018—the largest rise in 13 years.” In other words, you had to reach back 13 years, under George W. Bush, to find a comparable performance. The clear implication was that nothing like this had ever been seen on Obama’s watch.

That 3.1% is now 3%, but Gramm could have made the same statement and it would have been technically correct. You have to reach back 13 years to find a calendar year in which fourth quarter over fourth quarter growth ran 3%. But an impartial approach would be to ask whether 3% growth had occurred over any four-quarter period. Otherwise, you’re merely capitalizing on the arbitrary fact that we westerners prefer to declare a New Year every Jan. 1—rather than on, say, July 1.

There was in fact more than one four-quarter period over the past several years when growth ran 3% or better. The most recent was second-quarter 2015, when real GDP was 3.4% higher than the second quarter of 2014.

. Originally Posted by WTF

You keep trashing the WSJ but you are utterly incapable of critiquing it or pointing to any specific factual inaccuracies. The article I reprinted was anything BUT a political hit piece. It was 100% relevant to last week's Texas power crisis.

As far as "simple math" is concerned, the WSJ did its homework. It looked up data tracked by the EIA. You've offered nothing, nada, zilch to refute it:

Instead of asking why did wind power (which was meeting 42% of your state's electricity demand) crash on a dime, you're all hung up on the question of why couldn't your offline gas-fired generators ramp up their Kwh output on a dime by 800% or more instead of only 450%? You want to heap all the blame on the latter, and none on the former, while you glibly and vaguely spout "weatherize!" as your brilliant catch-all solution to fix everything, without offering any details that might reflect serious knowledge of what equipment failed and why.

But yeah, it's "simple math" and you "knew exactly what happened" because you once emptied wastebaskets at the Pumpjack Oil Company 40 years ago lol. Originally Posted by lustylad
I believe I've already given an example of how you and others can manipulate numbers. I noticed you did not respond to your bs GDP number of Trumps initial soaring GDP , you tried to pull.

Since the final numbers have yet to come on on this event. I have already countered that wind power was not knocked off in certain regions. It is rather difficult to counter the WSJ numbers with context....but rest assured I'll keep your parroting numbers filed away to again bitch slap you when all relevant numbers come out. Speaking of, when do you plan on doing so?

You see it is documented how you ran around this forum like a Rooster crowing about how much better Trumps GDP numbers were going to be compared to Obama's.

I've shown that not to be the case but it took time. In fact not only did they wind up with similar numbers...one added massive debt if calculate pet year average.

But by the time these numbers come out you'll be on to other distortions claiming your brilliance in predicting the future.

So no I did not have you mistaken with Lucas...it is you the educated dumbass that I was speaking of. You should take that as a compliment that I think you recieved an education to pair with your lack of common sense.
It's called a "contract" and it's obvious you didn't read yours. Fair or unfair, you signed it. Originally Posted by VerySkeptical
You didn't read the posts. They cannot charge "anything they want." Yes, everybody on the board knows what variable rate pricing is.

I suspect the same people who got a "$16,000 bill" also received their "stimulus" check before they were sent/paid. The internet is a wonderful place for "also victims" and "lotto winners" ....

... did I forget "commercial airline pilots" in "chat rooms" back in the late 90's?

Today we have a Governor in a significant state who lied about the deaths from Covid in nursing homes to save his ass and hospitals lying about Covid illness & deaths to increase their income from the Government .... which transmits the lies of reduced and enhanced stats to their lying media to justify their reduction of previously ASSUMED Bill of Rights freedoms.

Why shouldn't internet maggots lie, also? Originally Posted by LexusLover
There was a day when the MSM actually "brought forth light" and "spoke truth to power." Now they are concerned with provoking riots so they can cover them and who the Kardashians are fucking.
  • Tiny
  • 02-23-2021, 07:41 AM
I believe I've already given an example of how you and others can manipulate numbers. I noticed you did not respond to your bs GDP number of Trumps initial soaring GDP , you tried to pull.

Since the final numbers have yet to come on on this event. I have already countered that wind power was not knocked off in certain regions. It is rather difficult to counter the WSJ numbers with context....but rest assured I'll keep your parroting numbers filed away to again bitch slap you when all relevant numbers come out. Speaking of, when do you plan on doing so?

You see it is documented how you ran around this forum like a Rooster crowing about how much better Trumps GDP numbers were going to be compared to Obama's.

I've shown that not to be the case but it took time. In fact not only did they wind up with similar numbers...one added massive debt if calculate pet year average.

But by the time these numbers come out you'll be on to other distortions claiming your brilliance in predicting the future.

So no I did not have you mistaken with Lucas...it is you the educated dumbass that I was speaking of. You should take that as a compliment that I think you recieved an education to pair with your lack of common sense. Originally Posted by WTF
I remember a post Mnuchin made highlighting how anemic the recovery from the 2008/2009 recession was compared to past recessions. I don’t remember the rest.

And I can say with a lot of confidence the windmills in the area accounting for the majority of Texas wind power weren’t turning from around 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM a week ago Monday. Or at least most of them weren’t when I was driving through. In a month we can download the ERCOT spreadsheet for February that will show exactly what was going on when.
Why are you even bringing me up in this thread and calling me names? I don't think I even have a single post in this thread prior to this one. Obsess much? I'm not exactly feeling the love.

Dude, just believe I flunked out out of high school and I don't even have a GED. Fuck if I care either way if it makes you feel better. Just don't tell my employer that they pay me extra because of those 3 fake Ivy League degrees

Just for the record, I don't think you are remotely educated and you are like anyone who simply knows how to use a google search. Why do I say that? Because if you were educated, you wouldn't have even brought me up because I don't give a shit where anonymous people went to school on a whore board. I only care about where I went and what people are willing to pay me for where I graduated from. That's really what Ivy League fuckers care about because it's not only about the schools, but also about what you will make the rest of your career having those schools on your resume. Not that I would even know though because I'm still working on my GED. LOL Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Hit Too close to home.
Direct hit! You sank my battleship.
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2021, 12:04 PM
I remember a post Mnuchin made highlighting how anemic the recovery from the 2008/2009 recession was compared to past recessions. I don’t remember the rest. Originally Posted by Tiny
This is just an observation for discussion. Not researched or anything more than a "whatdaya think..."

Let's compare it to say the 1980's when you had a long time frame of high interest rates. Suppressing a huge market...housing.

Would that recovery look much more robust than say the 2008 one when demand was not suppressed at near the length and you had a high interest rate for your savings?
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2021, 12:09 PM

And I can say with a lot of confidence the windmills in the area accounting for the majority of Texas wind power weren’t turning from around 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM a week ago Monday. Or at least most of them weren’t when I was driving through. In a month we can download the ERCOT spreadsheet for February that will show exactly what was going on when. Originally Posted by Tiny
Texas lost half their wind production but lost twice that in gas. They did not winterize their wind turbines.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-56085733

30GW being taken offline from gas, coal and nuclear sources
a 16GW loss in capacity in wind and other renewable energy supplies
All he was doing .... Originally Posted by Tiny
No, that's not "all he was doing" ....
You spend too much bandwidth (not to mention time) attempting to impress others with your inciteful knowledge acquired from 3rd parties. Originally Posted by LexusLover
verb (used with object), in·cit·ed, in·cit·ing.
to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action:
to incite a crowd to riot.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/incite

I would not have characterized his anecdotal remarks borrowed from third parties as being "insightful," but LustFull might "feel" they are! After all isn't that the purpose of the rant to "incite" (or "stimulate") certain preferred behavior!

LustFull is superficial. Kinda like the surface feeders in Eccie who PRESUME my handle has something to do with automobiles! Shallow materialistic perception causes such errors in judgment and premature inciteful, but inappropriate corrections to appear more "intelligent"!
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2021, 04:39 PM
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02...-resign-texas/

Lawsuits have already been filed against ERCOT in response to last week's crisis. It's unclear whether ERCOT, which falls under the PUC's jurisdiction, can be held liable by such suits: The Texas Supreme Court is expected to decide this year whether ERCOT is entitled to sovereign immunity, a legal principle that protects government agencies from lawsuits, after hearing another case that raised the question last year.
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2021, 04:43 PM
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/incite

I would not have characterized his anecdotal remarks borrowed from third parties as being "insightful," but LustFull might "feel" they are! After all isn't that the purpose of the rant to "incite" (or "stimulate") certain preferred behavior!

LustFull is superficial. Kinda like the surface feeders in Eccie who PRESUME my handle has something to do with automobiles! Shallow materialistic perception causes such errors in judgment and premature inciteful, but inappropriate corrections to appear more "intelligent"! Originally Posted by LexusLover
You are so insightful Lexus(not the car)Lover
What the fuck are you babbling incoherently about? You have no idea what you're talking about. It's obvious you didn't read or comprehend the WSJ, which is much more reliable than any of your LSM propaganda links.

I am babbling off facts which is something you know jack shit about. Anytime you try to use those those pathetic "LSM" initials you sir are admitting that you have no response to logic and facts. So thank you!!

Word of advice - Intelligent people don't toss out numbers without defining them. What is being measured? Capacity or supply? Projected or historical usage? Over what period (a day, week, month or year)?

Intelligent people don't comment on stuff they know nothing about. It has been stated over and over again that windmills are NOT to blame for the debacle that occurred here. Do you live here in Texas?? No you don't. So do yourself a favor and stick to what you actually know, which is NOTHING!! I will be more than happy to provide plenty more free e information to back up what I say, but we already know what your pathetic response will be.

Now go back and read the WSJ article (in my post #37) again and try to pay attention this time.

Now go back and read the facts that I have provided and try to do better than your worthless blanket answer

For someone who is constantly wrong, how did you get so cocky? Is it a defense mechanism for being corrected all the time? Originally Posted by lustylad
I haven't been wrong in this forum in over 4 years now have I??
I said your hero would be a one term president 4 years ago and guess what I was right now wasn't I??

I said your side would get your asses beat in 2018 and it happened. Guess I was right there now wasn't I???

I said long before 2020 that your hero would not have the benefit of Bernie supporters staying home on election night, I wasn't wrong there now was I???

I said your hero would get his ass beat in 2020. I wasn't wrong there now was I???

I even stated in this forum that I hoped Trump saved his rigged election excuse for the after the election. Guess what smart one. I was right!!!

I am also right about renewable energy not to blame for the power outage.

So yeah, as long as I continue to prove your ass wrong over and over again I will remain cocky.