What sort of event needs to occur for us to all pull together?

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they are. Originally Posted by joe bloe
As pleasantly surprised as you were when Obama won re-election? You were so thrilled that you took a month leave of absence to celebrate!
Because people like you will be at the head of the line spitting on the have-nots telling them they have nobody to blame but themselves. Originally Posted by Doove
You only think that, Dovie, because you think everyone is a selfish as you. We're not all like you, thank God.

I hear rumors that the government will eventually come after the trillions tied up in 401K's and offer an annuity to the holder. Any thought's on that?

http://www.silverdoctors.com/obama-b...te-iras-401ks/ Originally Posted by joe bloe
I'm aware that notion has been floating out there for a couple of years, and have no doubt that there are special interests and politicians who'd love to do something like that if they thought they could get away with it. But can you imagine the ensuing backlash if anybody tried it?

A party with a hand in executing a scheme like that ought to just jump into the nearest porcelain bowl while asking someone nearby to pull the flush handle.
I'm aware that notion has been floating out there for a couple of years, and have no doubt that there are special interests and politicians who'd love to do something like that if they thought they could get away with it. But can you imagine the ensuing backlash if anybody tried it?

A party with a hand in something like that ought to just jump into the nearest porcelain bowl while asking someone to pull the flush handle. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
It's way above my pay grade, but I guess if we had some sort of economic collapse or if enough people feared a collapse, they might be agreeable to accept a gauranteed government check instead of relying on a private account.

Someone supposedly asked the famous bank robber, Willie Sutton, why he robbed banks. He said, because that's where they keep the money. If the government gets desperate enough, who knows.
Seems like you've shat your pants often enough for us to fear something in common ... Your stench!

and, COLiar, don't thank God. She doesn't cotton to lying sacks of shit like you!
Seems like you've shat your pants often enough for us to fear something in common ... Your stench!

and, COLiar, don't thank God. She doesn't cotton to lying sacks of shit like you! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You remind me of the Travis Bickel character in "Taxi Driver." You are really nuts.

You are right, Joe. Now Assup thinks he speaks for God. Certifiable.
With one hand tied behind my back, boys...
The funniest part is, he thinks he's winning! We lead him around like sick pony, and he thinks he's in front!

Bring it on, idiot!

BTW, Assup, I don't mind living in your head, but the stench in here is awful. And it's very lonely.

With one hand tied behind my back, boys... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Don't they usually tie both hands when you're wearing a straight jacket?
Advantage: Joe!

Advantage: Joe!

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
It's really too easy. I almost feel guilty.