Lets find out where we all stand.

\
You are still an IDIOT. Anytime you want to meet face-to-face and see who turns into the quivering coward, I am ready. You talk big but you are a pussy.
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Hide under your bed while you suck on your thumb, Speedy. Now stop with your bogus threats to do bodily harm from behind your keyboard, Speedy. You should know better than anybody from your own personal experiences, Speedy, that you've found it very difficult to throw a left hook when your arms are all wrapped up in your security blanket, Speedy. Now, Speedy, go change your diaper after the latest court ruling in DC and the knowledge that someone dared to save his own life -- and the lives of others -- by defying your ilk's Kool Aid dreams that no one would dare carry a gun in a "gun free zone".
Hide under your bed while you suck on your thumb, Speedy. Now stop with your bogus threats to do bodily harm from behind your keyboard, Speedy. You should know better than anybody from your own personal experiences, Speedy, that you've found it very difficult to throw a left hook when your arms are all wrapped up in your security blanket, Speedy. Now, Speedy, go change your diaper after the latest court ruling in DC and the knowledge that someone dared to save his own life -- and the lives of others -- by defying your ilk's Kool Aid dreams that no one would dare carry a gun in a "gun free zone". Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Would you like to compare athletic accomplishments, past and present? Do you even have any? Or is your main athletic accomplishment in life carrying and shooting a gun?

Who's the one who is afraid? The one who has a perceived need for a gun for protection or the person who goes through life without one?

I have always had a theory about SOME, not all, guys who have a need to carry a gun. Has nothing to do with self protection but everything to do with feeling more MACHO. Losers in life but carrying a gun makes them feel more powerful and important. You do a great job of verifying my theory.

IDIOT.

Keep trying. Eventually. SOMEONE will agree with your POV.
Would you like to compare athletic accomplishments, past and present? Do you even have any? Or is your main athletic accomplishment in life carrying and shooting a gun?

Who's the one who is afraid? The one who has a perceived need for a gun for protection or the person who goes through life without one?

I have always had a theory about SOME, not all, guys who have a need to carry a gun. Has nothing to do with self protection but everything to do with feeling more MACHO. Losers in life but carrying a gun makes them feel more powerful and important. You do a great job of verifying my theory.

IDIOT.

Keep trying. Eventually. SOMEONE will agree with your POV. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Quite the opposite, you cretinous jackass. For nearly 30 years I was PAID to carry a gun to PROTECT your pathetic lib-retarded ass, Speedy. And a prerequisite for that job was to maintain -- on a daily basis -- a level of fitness that's completely superior and alien to stupid, idiotic jackasses like you, Speedy. BTW, Speedy, read the Heller decision and you'll find it's YOUR POV that the court **disagrees** with.

IDIOT.

Keep trying. Eventually. SOMEONE will agree with your POV. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Your theory is wrong. I have met very few people, who carry a gun on a regular basis, who do not think of it as a responsibility and not some aid to a fantasy life. You obviously watch too much liberal TV and read the crap put out as fact from people who have no experience or idea. Why don't you take in a gun show or two and then report back. I think it will really open your eyes and who knows... you may start small with a .22.

As for physical fitness; I am partially disabled now but I used to wake up and run 10 miles before breakfast because I wanted to. I ran on the flight deck every day. I lifted weights and did aerobics. I ran towards fires and flooding with over 125 pounds on my back and in my arms. I think I was in pretty good shape and off the base I carried a weapon because you don't want to be accused of bringing your fists (or knife) to a gun fight.
As for physical fitness; I am partially disabled now but I used to wake up and run 10 miles before breakfast because I wanted to. I ran on the flight deck every day. I lifted weights and did aerobics. I ran towards fires and flooding with over 125 pounds on my back and in my arms. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Did you shoot yourself?
His is a mental disablement.
I used to wake up and run 10 miles before breakfast because I wanted to. I ran on the flight deck every day. I lifted weights and did aerobics. I ran towards fires and flooding with over 125 pounds on my back and in my arms. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
That's nothing! Back in the day, I was more powerful than a locomotive and able to leap tall buildings with a single bound. Not to mention, I was faster than a speeding bullet.

However, I had a strange aversion to kryptonite.

Other than that, my friends and neighbors affectionately referred to me as Superman. But you must call me Mr. Kent!

This one's for you, JDIdiot!
Your theory is wrong. I have met very few people, who carry a gun on a regular basis, who do not think of it as a responsibility and not some aid to a fantasy life. You obviously watch too much liberal TV and read the crap put out as fact from people who have no experience or idea. Why don't you take in a gun show or two and then report back. I think it will really open your eyes and who knows... you may start small with a .22.

As for physical fitness; I am partially disabled now but I used to wake up and run 10 miles before breakfast because I wanted to. I ran on the flight deck every day. I lifted weights and did aerobics. I ran towards fires and flooding with over 125 pounds on my back and in my arms. I think I was in pretty good shape and off the base I carried a weapon because you don't want to be accused of bringing your fists (or knife) to a gun fight. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
First, my comments were in no way directed at you, but rather that loser of an individual who goes under the name of IB.

Why on earth would attending a gun show change any attitudes I have? I have seen first-hand people who openly carry rifles (open-carry of handguns is not allowed in Texas) and they make people on Duck Dynasty and even IB look and sound intelligent. I know people who have CHLs and some of them I can say without a doubt carry to feel more macho about themselves. Unfortunately there is no information I can find on "why" people carry concealed handguns, only opinions and statements by those who do. And who would admit to carrying because it made them feel more macho, even if that was the only reason they were doing it? No one. I know others who have admitted that the reason they carry is because daddy carried and they are following in his footsteps.

BTW, here is an EXCELLENT article by someone who was "forced" to attend a class in order to obtain a CHL and the MANY benefits he received from the class, Validates my belief that anyone who wants a CHL should be required to attend such a class.

http://www.chicagonow.com/bug-coffee...esponsibility/
Quite the opposite, you cretinous jackass. For nearly 30 years I was PAID to carry a gun to PROTECT your pathetic lib-retarded ass, Speedy. And a prerequisite for that job was to maintain -- on a daily basis -- a level of fitness that's completely superior and alien to stupid, idiotic jackasses like you, Speedy. BTW, Speedy, read the Heller decision and you'll find it's YOUR POV that the court **disagrees** with. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
And how is your level of fitness TODAY??? I'm sure you will have some excuse -- too many doughnuts? I sincerely doubt that your level of fitness ever matched mine. Remember that physical fitness consists of both aerobic fitness and anaerobic fitness.
First, my comments were in no way directed at you, but rather that loser of an individual who goes under the name of IB.

Why on earth would attending a gun show change any attitudes I have? I have seen first-hand people who openly carry rifles (open-carry of handguns is not allowed in Texas) and they make people on Duck Dynasty and even IB look and sound intelligent. I know people who have CHLs and some of them I can say without a doubt carry to feel more macho about themselves. Unfortunately there is no information I can find on "why" people carry concealed handguns, only opinions and statements by those who do. And who would admit to carrying because it made them feel more macho, even if that was the only reason they were doing it? No one. I know others who have admitted that the reason they carry is because daddy carried and they are following in his footsteps.

BTW, here is an EXCELLENT article by someone who was "forced" to attend a class in order to obtain a CHL and the MANY benefits he received from the class, Validates my belief that anyone who wants a CHL should be required to attend such a class.

http://www.chicagonow.com/bug-coffee...esponsibility/ Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
You're kind of making my point. You're talking about isolated incidents and people in unusual circumstances. Go to a gun show, mingle, look at things, touch things (I'm talking about guns so don't get your hopes up EVA), and meet real gun owners. Yes, some of them may surprise you (well, you would actually expect them to be there) and others would be positive gun owners. Kind of like going into a peace protest or union rally. You have to experience it. The difference is that they would welcome you to the gun show.

Your link also demonstrates how badly the situation of self defense is skewed against the citizen gun owner. Unless you are 100% correct (and even then) you are going to be screwed. You just have to ask yourself, in about a half a second, if it is worth the possible beat down, or death to someone you care about.
You're kind of making my point. You're talking about isolated incidents and people in unusual circumstances. Go to a gun show, mingle, look at things, touch things (I'm talking about guns so don't get your hopes up EVA), and meet real gun owners. Yes, some of them may surprise you (well, you would actually expect them to be there) and others would be positive gun owners. Kind of like going into a peace protest or union rally. You have to experience it. The difference is that they would welcome you to the gun show. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I never said that all gun owners carried to feel more macho about themselves. But some do. An opinion which cannot be proven nor disproven.

I really have no desire to look and touch guns. I've fired an M-16 many times. Absolutely no fear of guns but also no desire to look and feel them. The only reason I would attend a gun show would be to see who would attend one. Of course, since an innocent man was killed at the last gun show in my town, it is very possible the next gun show will not be soon.

Another BTW -- I was at a funeral yesterday at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio. A gun free zone. And no one was shot. LOL.
They were talking about it on the radio yesterday. A few years ago there was a funeral for a gangbanger....the gang that had killed him decided to shoot up the funeral as well. Gun free zone! We had an Obama visitation and they were talking security.

I suspect the gang aspect of Kansas City (land of Dorothy Gale) is strange sounding. I knee a guy a few years ago who had escaped from the gangs. He could name them all and their territories. Despite the numbers in Chicago, Kansas City holds an edge on violence per capita.
They were talking about it on the radio yesterday. A few years ago there was a funeral for a gangbanger....the gang that had killed him decided to shoot up the funeral as well. Gun free zone! We had an Obama visitation and they were talking security.
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Question for you related to a question you asked me earlier. No, I can't say how many lives may have been saved due to gun-free zones. But can you tell me how many killers picked the locations of their killings because they were gun-free zones? Columbine? Washington, D.C.? Newtown? Virginia Tech? No assumptions allowed.
And how would you know unless the killer (and most don't survive) mentioned it to questioners and the questioners reported it?

Like the theater killer in Colorado. There were other theaters, closer theaters, but he picked that one which promoted the fact that it was a "gun free zone". Of all the school shootings, how many were done by students? They chose a venue that they knew would guarantee little resistance. If someone really wan't to go down in a "blaze of glory" why not go to a police station or gun show? That would be real dramatic. Think Terminator with the Texas Tower thrown in. Look at Gabriel Giffords shooter. We assume that he wanted her. So why didn't he go to her home (where she has guns)? Here in Kansas City we had a shooter that went to a Jewish retirement home and community center. Did he expect to find resistance? I don't think so.
And how would you know unless the killer (and most don't survive) mentioned it to questioners and the questioners reported it?

Like the theater killer in Colorado. There were other theaters, closer theaters, but he picked that one which promoted the fact that it was a "gun free zone". Of all the school shootings, how many were done by students? They chose a venue that they knew would guarantee little resistance. If someone really wan't to go down in a "blaze of glory" why not go to a police station or gun show? That would be real dramatic. Think Terminator with the Texas Tower thrown in. Look at Gabriel Giffords shooter. We assume that he wanted her. So why didn't he go to her home (where she has guns)? Here in Kansas City we had a shooter that went to a Jewish retirement home and community center. Did he expect to find resistance? I don't think so. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You are TOTALLY incorrect on why the killer in Colorado picked the specific theater that he did. He was dressed as The Joker. He chose the movie theater that was showing "The Dark Knight". End of discussion.

With one exception, all the recent mass killings that have occurred in gun-free zones have a reason as to why the killings were done there.

Aaron Alexis worked at the Washington Navy Yard where he did his killing.
There is no evidence as to why Adam Lanza chose the school he did.
Ivan Lopez worked at Ft. Hood where he did his killing. He had a verbal altercation prior to the shootings
Major Hassan worked at Ft. Hood where he did his killing.
The Columbine shootings were by two students at their H.S.
The Virginia Tech shootings were by a student at the school.
I can even go back to the first major school shooting that I am aware of -- Charles Whitman was a student at U.T.-Austin where he did his killing.

I'm sure that you believe that all these FACTS are just coincidences and that they all really picked the spot of their killings because they know there would be little to no resistance. I would disagree.