Cowboy season predictions

It isn't all about the QB. If that was the case Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, etc. would be in the hall of fame.

They aren't because their TEAM won the Super Bowl.

To say Romo hasn't won them anything is being disingenuous about your intentions, or you are just ignorant to the aspects of the game. Originally Posted by Boltfan

That's a Bingo!

Each of the aforementioned qb's played on teams that had top-ranked defenses (especially Dilfer, whose offense was...."offensive" to say the least).

Take this for instance: had Aikman fallen just a couple of picks in the '89 draft to Detroit, does anyone truly believe he alone could have carried the hapless Lions to a Super Bowl in the early-to-mid 90's? A step further....what if Favre had not been traded to GB and ended up staying in ATL under the phenomenal mentorship of Jerry Glanville?

Throughout Romo's career he's never had the luxury of playing on a Cowboy's team that had a defense ranked above the Mendoza Line (did Wade have the 13-3 team ranked in the top 10? Hmmm?) The very fact Romo qb'd them to a 8-8 record several years ago with the dead-in-the-water 32nd ranked defense was nothing short of a miracle.

Quarterbacks have always gotten too much credit / too much blame for their team's success / failure rate. It's unfortunate but in order to sell stories (and viewership) this is what the media has created......and all too many times, the uninformed buy into it.
People who don't actually know football are the people to tare into Tony Romo. It's all about perspective and actual football knowledge. Romo has been the most prolific Dallas qb in team history. Aikman was probably the most accurate qb in team history and Roger was a great leader but those two hall of fame qb's had numerous things that Tony has not had.
1. They both had hall of fame running back's- Two of the 10 best in NFL history
2. Strong Defenses. Roger played with numerous Hall of fame Defenders including a great D-line and Secondary. Aikman has the leagues #1 defense helping him out on each of the superbowl years.
3. Great offensive lines- until last year Tony has dealt with sub par lines that don't protect him and cause him to do all the running around he does.
4. Solid special teams- Under Garret the special teams have been weak at best and they are routinely out coached on that side.

Can Romo do better in some circumstances- of course but he did model his game after another hall of fame gunslinger. Romo statistically was in the top 3 last year and he has continued to improve every year. I can just imagine how shitty the boys would have been without him.
Cowboys owner won executive of the year last year. Just sayin.

It isn't all about the QB. If that was the case Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, etc. would be in the hall of fame. They aren't because their TEAM won the Super Bowl.

To say Romo hasn't won them anything is being disingenuous about your intentions, or you are just ignorant to the aspects of the game. Originally Posted by Boltfan
and obama has been elected to the white house twice, so?

it was actually a reply to Chateau Becots comment about the Redskins not having their qb who will take them to the super bowl...

but i understand.. defending a team that someone keeps thinking will win the super bowl year after year yet doesn't must get exhausting.

saying "just sayin" was cool for like the week that it came out, especially to fifth graders. should your thoughts be disregarded because you still use the saying?

(im not sure why some men here think that the women have to agree with them or they are bitches. or that if the men dont agree with them that they are beneath them. talk about narcissist much.)
Cowboys owner won executive of the year last year. Just sayin.

It isn't all about the QB. If that was the case Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, etc. would be in the hall of fame. They aren't because their TEAM won the Super Bowl.

Jerry isn't winning executive of the year for his great football knowledge. Jerry does a great job of marketing and making money but his ego and wanting everyone to look at him as a football guy has hurt the cowboys for 20 years. The only real football success he had was when he stayed out of the football side and let a smarter man handle that part.
I'm going to remind all to stick on topic here. Alyssa this has nothing to do with you and blowmypop's whatever so don't bring that nonsense here..
and obama has been elected to the white house twice, so?

it was actually a reply to Chateau Becots comment about the Redskins not having their qb who will take them to the super bowl...

but i understand.. defending a team that someone keeps thinking will win the super bowl year after year yet doesn't must get exhausting.

saying "just sayin" was cool for like the week that it came out, especially to fifth graders. should your thoughts be disregarded because you still use the saying?

(im not sure why some men here think that the women have to agree with them or they are bitches. or that if the men dont agree with them that they are beneath them. talk about narcissist much.) Originally Posted by Alyssa Marie
Where is this coming from? Why are you coming in here with a full head of steam all angry?

I think you are completely missing the point of this thread or you are bringing some sort of agenda in here. Cut it out already. Even Davidfree and I have civil discussions when it comes to sports. This isn't about you being a woman.
Jerry isn't winning executive of the year for his great football knowledge. Jerry does a great job of marketing and making money but his ego and wanting everyone to look at him as a football guy has hurt the cowboys for 20 years. The only real football success he had was when he stayed out of the football side and let a smarter man handle that part. Originally Posted by blowmypop23
I agree, it was mostly Stephen Jones, Jerry just got the credit.
Where is this coming from? Why are you coming in here with a full head of steam all angry?

I think you are completely missing the point of this thread or you are bringing some sort of agenda in here. Cut it out already. Even Davidfree and I have civil discussions when it comes to sports. This isn't about you being a woman. Originally Posted by Boltfan

It looks like we are going to be 3-4 going into the bye. Hopefully after the bye our D will be sured up. I'd like to see them add another receiver and rb. There are still rb options available.
I think ya'll are good on the rbs. Christine Michael got some promise he just needs carries. I think McFadden is better than Randle don't know why he not getting the carries. I think they looking to sign another wr with the injury to butler last night. Maybe Hakeem Nicks. Word is Dez will be able to make it back after the bye so ya'll should be straight.
The sooner the better for Dez but a foot injury on a receiver I'm not holding my breath. If the O line would get the push they should we'd be in a lot better shape rb wise.
I saw McFadden hit a hole on 3rd and short with no urgency late in the game. I think he doesn't know what to do with a good line after being beaten down in Oakland.
I hope the swing tackle (Chaz Green) Dallas drafted in the 3rd round this spring turns out to be All World.....otherwise, it appears Stephen and Will (McClay) might have overestimated Randle and McFadden's effectiveness this season. Knowing we'd lost Murray in the free agency, Dallas could have snagged (in the 3rd) rb's Duke Johnson or Matt Jones (both who appear to have skills).

Of course, had we known top 10 talents Randy Gregory and La'el Collins were going to fall in our laps, we could have traded away next year's first (with a third, likely) and moved up to grab Gurley. Now that dude would look goooooooood running behind this O-line right now......
It's sad I know more about the Cowboys roster than I do the Chargers. That's what I get for still listening to the ticket on the West Coast.
Two other players left with injuries last night, another running back and wide receiver, and of course so did Sean Lee with a concussion. Looks like that conditioning coach has a lot of explaining to do as to why these guys keep getting hurt. It is also time for the boys to say adios to Lee and pay someone who can play more than 15 games in 4 seasons. Originally Posted by davidfree986

Conditioning coach has nothing to do with broken bones (Dez and Romo), torn ligaments (Dunbar), or concussions (Lee).