BREAKING NEWS GOV RICK PERRY INDICTED

Once again. This is not about Lehmberg. She did the crime. She did her time. She said she would retire at the end of her term. This is about PERRY's wanton abuse of his power to bully her into creating a spot for a Republican at the head of the Public Integrity Unit.

Dan Patrick will be worse for Texas than Perry ever was. That is if he survives the impending investigations into his many lies, cheats and thefts.

But at least you hillbillies won't get in trouble for rolling queers and shooting dogs no more. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hmm.. Patrick is running for Lieutenant Governor. Perry is the Governor and will be until January. Last I looked, a Democrat hasn't help state office here for some time. Some of you seem to think that this is about who has more power. You think the D. A. does because he or she can get almost anyone indicted. What this is really about is simply indicting people for doing their job. If Democrats succeed here, both sides will take delight in forcing leaders on both sides out of office. Is that what we want? Personally, I live in Texas and I think we got things right. Maybe we ought to work together instead of trying to use the courts to get what we can't get at the polls. If Travis County abuses their powers, a new Governor and LG may silence them. This is Texas not California. Imagine a D.A. in Sacramento indicting the Governor of California for threatening to get rid of an assistant D.A. because he/she was a criminal. I'd bet Democrats would have a fit. California needs another Ronald Reagan.
The level of corruption is likely worse in Travis County than what occurred in Durham County, NC under Nifong. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Link?
Tex, that is his opinion. He doesn't need a link. D.A.s have power. When we speak of corruption we are talking about the power to indict almost anyone. Is this the government we want? Just imagine a President who uses the IRS to silence his enemies. Now imagine it is YOU. I don't care what side you are on. These things have got to stop. Imagine a D.A. in Texas indicting Obama for something he did while on a fundraising trip here. It would be sad and illegal. We will see where this goes. Were Perry headed for another term, I wouldn't want to be the Travis County D.A. As it is, Greg Abbott and Dan Patrick aren't going to treat Democratic Travis County D.A.s with much courtesy. The party titles can be switched. Do you see the point here?
maybe rick can use his mug shot in his ads....
maybe his opponent will use them in his campaign....
pictures that have numbers under them usually don't sell well....
Tex, that is his opinion. He doesn't need a link.? Originally Posted by heinz5710
Au contraire, TrendingIdiot does need something more substantial to base his opinion on. A damn good place to start would be, why does he believe Travis County is corrupt? I suspect I have been in and around Travis County much more than he has over the past 5 years and I have not noticed a higher level of corruption here than any other metropolitan city in Texas. In fact, I would say that Austin is a damn good city to live and work in. And this is coming from someone who has never been a UT guy.

There has to be a reason TrendingIdiot made the statement. I just want to know what he based his opinion on. If there is a link stating that Austin is one of the most corrupt cities in America. By all means, share the link with us all and we can be done with it.

Or, is it just another example of TrendingIdiot talking out of his ass, just as he did when he repeatedly proclaimed that Wisconsin and America are "Trending" Romney. Or like he did when he boldly proclaimed that MLK "opposed illegal immigration," yet he has still offered no proof.

Trendy has a long history of making bold proclamations but when it comes down to it, he has no proof, other than what he wants to believe. Given his history of distortions and bold fabrications it is perfectly normal to ask that he provide a link substantiating his claim. And when he does, his reasoning needs to be something more substantial than there are a few more registered democrats than republicans in Travis County, therefore it must be more corrupt.
You can bet the ranch on the proposition that if Whir-LIE-turd has no documentation for his "bold proclaim actions," then they'll be called out, he'll demur and then try and fit a square peg in his round hole.

it's what he does.

That's why he's ECCIE's first elected Dipshit of the Year and Liar in Chief!
maybe rick can use his mug shot in his ads....
maybe his opponent will use them in his campaign....
pictures that have numbers under them usually don't sell well.... Originally Posted by stevepar
Honestly, it is the best thing that could happen to Governor Perry, because now he might have a chance to get elected President, once he beats this deal and uses it to rally the troops. You people fucked this deal up.
You're brilliant.

Vote for him, please. Errr, you can't vote here can you Uncle Han?
You're brilliant.

Vote for him, please. Errr, you can't vote here can you Uncle Han? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Thanks - I will donate to his campaign. I'm not sure on the voting eligibility.
As for Uncle Han, Don't Be Daft!
How are you not banned again. Bert?
First, he used the veto to threaten a public officeholder. This is abuse of the power of his office. Originally Posted by BigLouie
No, it isn't.

The veto IS the power of his office.

Read here:

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...9&postcount=85

It doesn't matter if you don't like the guy. The TX Constitution gives him that power.

The solution is a legislative override. NOT a criminal charge.
No, it isn't.

The veto IS the power of his office.

Read here:

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...9&postcount=85

It doesn't matter if you don't like the guy. The TX Constitution gives him that power.

The solution is a legislative override. NOT a criminal charge. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Perry is accused of using his veto authority to coerce a publicly elected official into leaving office. And when the veto threat, and later the actual exercise of the veto didn't work, he tried a bit of bribery, which is why he is facing criminal charges.

Not because he exercised his constitutional veto authority.
Perry is accused of using his veto authority to coerce a publicly elected official into leaving office. And when the veto threat, and later the actual exercise of the veto didn't work, he tried a bit of bribery, which is why he is facing criminal charges.

Not because he exercised his constitutional veto authority. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I agree to the extent that he has been accused of coercion.

It is easy to say but difficult to prove.

Not because he exercised his constitutional veto authority. Originally Posted by BigLouie
To accuse the "executive" of a political body (State or U.S.) of "coercion" and/or "bribery" for exercising legitimate authority of the office is something that probably should be thought out rationally and with the "future" in mind, because 51 "executives" engage in "influencing" decision-making by the exercise of their veto power and/or discretionary decision-making with regard to budgets and disbursement of funds ... not to mention the implementation of laws and/or specific provisions of those laws by "executive order" ...

.. irrespective of whether you agree with the executive politically or otherwise.

As the saying goes: The shoe is on the other foot soon enough.

He is going to win and use the whole situation as a rallying cry. You liberals fucked this up!