Favorite wine

Pages later... VAlerie, I have actually seen someone drink from a straw!! I nearly spit out my beverage from laughing!

! Originally Posted by RyansFun
Crazy as it looks (particularly wine with a straw in a fine restaurant), I know serveral people people concerned/paranoid about their teeth enamel & whiteness that they drink all carbonated beverages and some even staining drinks like red wine with a straw.
Good Morning everyone;

This evening we drank a bottle of the Billecart-Salmon Brut; but normally we drink Chilean wines from Lapostolle, the Clos Apalta & the Cuvee Alexandre.

Cheers!

Cyclops
Gonna share any with us?
Good Morning SRO;

If you want to drop round, I am sure I could find a glass for you; but it does seem rather a long way to come for a drink.

Cent'anni

Cyclops
I noticed you say "good morning." I must assume you are in the Western Pacific/Indian Ocean territory. So yes, it is a long way to clink glasses, especially with ALL of us showing up. Maybe a few of those rated for a '47 or A380 can give us a lift over.

I have been know to go a long way for a good drink!

Best!!!
Good Morning SRO;

And so does the world, in the form of 24 timezones; I am in the UK, where it is just after 02:00, and so qualifies as 'morning'..........just.

But, as my handle indicates, I am mostly in the air & on the move, Florida later this week & Dallas early next week.

Cheers.

Cyclops
I am mostly in the air & on the move, Florida later this week & Dallas early next week. Cheers. Cyclops Originally Posted by Mr.Oneeye
Then it can't be a '380. We'll need something larger than a G5. Ladies would you mind if we sat closely together to make sure everyone gets on board?
Favorite whine? For me its a tossup -- either Charles bitching about his bad dates or WTF prattling on about the need for more progressive taxes.
Crazy as it looks (particularly wine with a straw in a fine restaurant), I know serveral people people concerned/paranoid about their teeth enamel & whiteness that they drink all carbonated beverages and some even staining drinks like red wine with a straw. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
IE: ME <------
Grgich Hills Estate 2008 "Essence" Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc

Actually recently i drank some "Fat Bastard" and it was surprisingly good!

Love white wines but Im also a big fan of Ports. I would have to say the White Port from Prager and Zinfandel Port from Frank Family are my absolute favorites.
I think I have a new occasional favorite. On Valentine's day, I had dinner and some great conversation at a hibachi with an old client. He ordered a me a glass of wine while I was in the ladies' and when I came back and tried it, I was in LOVE! If you can handle sweet (it was great after dinner) try Fuki Plum wine. It was the most...fragrant, flavorful, delectable taste. I will always remember it.
Have been enjoying the Argentine Malbecs lately. Originally Posted by arianne
Ditto....
When I lived on the west coast I had the opportunity to tour Adelsheim Vineyards, a beautiful property in the Newberg area known for its absolutely delicious reds. (This area of Oregon is similar in soil composition to the renowned wine-producing area of Burgundy, France- they share the geographical latitude which apparently supports similar viticulture.)

Each varietal features a hand-illustrated portrait of a family member (usually a daughter), which, for this art-lover, was an added aesthetic bonus. I can enthusiastically recommend the 2007 Elizabeth's Reserve Pinot Noir, though any of their reds are great. To their credit, the official winery staff certainly didn't seem to mind showing the property tour to a young woman in her mid-twenties in the company of her adoring and mature distinguished gentleman companion.