I've been wrong before, what do you guys think?

I've been wrong before, what do you guys think? Should members start threads naming board members asking them to "Clear" their names?

Here is an example in Austin where this has happened. It happens in private forums as well where it seems to be more exceptable.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=446308

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=446839
Nope. I thinck that whole deal is fuct. The manner in which it was posted implied that you were guilty of what they were asking. They can spare us the "reason" for posting what they did. they weren't trying to clear your name, they were trying to smear it. It's damned sure not rocket surgery. But no. In situations such as this, it's fuct. It's a no-win situation for the accused. (What's to stop you from doing the same to them? ...just wondering. heh! )

Haha. I won't say which I voted LOLOL

Hey did you see that thread about what I really look like? You didn't really notice me looking like that because it was dark in the room.
I don't have enough information....

Seriously, at best, the first one seems like she is trying to verify a rumor. She could have done that via PM to you or a Mod. The second one was just too damn long. I couldn't get past the original post.

I think the public airing of grievances is OK, but it should be done by those directly involved in the situation. So, in terms of the first example, not exceptable (is that how the kewl kids spell acceptable?).
Simple answer: No.

Personally, I am disgusted at all the blabber mouths calling people out, even though it is very entertaining & makes monitoring super easy.

If this was a BDSM or swingers forum/community the first person to speak of private events or throw salt (whether wrong or right) would be blacklisted and never spoken to again, for life. What happens behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors. If they commited a crime, call the cops. If your feeling are hurt, call your mama.

If you honestly believe you have information that is important, share among your personal contacts discreetly. Don't call people out publicly just for get-back.
I wouldn't waste my time and energy on such useless negativity SL, but that's just me.
Instead you could focus on something more positive....like painting

Calling people out in open forums shows no class, and really shows the type of person you are. Not mention it really reflects poorly on the site when anyone can read it. But what I think is just as a wrong is IF you do call someone out and find out that YOU WERE WRONG....Be respectful and pubilcaly admit it don't just close the thread or better yet use PM to ask your question..This is all about fun to go out and intentionally cause drama and BS is childish....Just sayin
Conflict or offense at any level is best handled at the level which it occurred. Resolution of conflict is always best handled with restoration in mind; in other words, we should always deal with these things in a way in which we can maintain whatever relationship existed beforehand.

Those thoughts are really nothing more than best operating practices derived from the golden rule. I.e., I wouldn't want anyone calling me out publicly for something I did to offend them personally; therefore, I try not to do it myself.

Now, if someone uses this (or any other) public forum to take a potshot at a whole class of people, (race, religion, orientation, body-style, etc.) they are simply fools who deserve to be called out politely in public then ignored and shunned. One can never win an argument with an idiot because they'll never know when they are wrong.
When someone puts themselves out in a public way, especially as the OP has done, he can expect a target to be drawn on him.

Is it right? Is it wrong? None of us here are the Morality Cops. If anything, I see an episode of Keystone Cops.

This poll is just another attempt by the OP to draw attention to himself. In some places, the response would be DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.
When someone puts themselves out in a public way, especially as the OP has done, he can expect a target to be drawn on him.

Is it right? Is it wrong? None of us here are the Morality Cops. If anything, I see an episode of Keystone Cops.

This poll is just another attempt by the OP to draw attention to himself. In some places, the response would be DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS. Originally Posted by tigercat
actually no this not a look at me thread...this is about people making pubic and false accusations against others and surprise surprise SL is not the only one this has happened to...but I do agree with you on the Keystone Cops...who should be the sheriff???.....
I say NO, because there are some real dumbasses who give false info. If it was a life or death situation only, then I think I would wanna know.

This poll is just another attempt by the OP to draw attention to himself. In some places, the response would be DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS. Originally Posted by tigercat
They really like me in Dallas! LOL

We'll put you down as undecided!
This is a very simple poll. It’s NOT about me or any member. Put yourself in the position of having a member call YOU out publicly by naming you in a thread. Then VOTE! It’s really that simple.

It’s obvious where I stand..... NO! Not to me or ANYONE ELSE!
I can understand how you feel, if someone did that to me....I wouldn't like it one bit and would naturally want to stand up for myself ..but sometimes the one that says nothing comes out on top. Your a great guy SL, let your rep speak for itself

SOMETIMES THE UNDERDOG WINS

If its not principally about you in any way, and just for the purpose of gathering statistical info for you thread, why did you include links in which the topic is being discussed? It would have look better if you didn't initially include those links which most of us weren't aware of anyway.