Provider name changes

What are your thoughts on providers changing their names?

I have been pondering this for myself to veer away from the misconception that I am an 'oral only' girl. Not wanting to hide - keep reviews, etc - but just wanting to get away from the one service only misconception.

I know some providers change their names for security reasons, spelling, new start, etc.

Do you think it causes hobbyists concern when a provider changes her name for whatever reason?

Do you think it could damage a provider's reputation/business?

Just curious as to people's thoughts on this.

Thanks a bunch.

Annie.
If they try to hide it or deny that they used to be "so and so" then yes, definite red flag. But if it's done for the reason you give, wouldn't bother me at all.
I'm new but I read these boards for a while before I joined up so my opinion aint gonna matter too much to some folks. If you are popular and handle your business well why would you want to do that? It just make people second guess going to see you because it's like your trying to hide something or detach yourself from something. Usually negative.

I mean look at all the ladies that have kept the same name that have steller reputations. I just associate change of a laides name with drama. which I will consider when seeing her. For me to be honest with myself for a moment, drama will not keep me away a hundred percent, but I might not repeat. It all boils down to how hot she is and the price point.

Like I said my opinion may not fly with some folks.
  • Blaze
  • 05-24-2012, 10:52 AM
My thoughts on this are that you need to do it all at once. Be creative and two names is better than one. I am Blaze everywhere and have only had to make a few exceptions. But I have been in this biz so long that I got the corner market. If I ever decided to change my name, I already know what it would be. You should find one that fits your personality or a name that would represent the personality your trying to market.

The ladies I know who have done this did it within say a weeks time. New sites, banners, handles, and ads. They never skipped a beat. Some will question why and others won't think a thing. If you have a good reputation then no one will think any different of you with a name change.
I would keep the name lil oral annie if you truly LOVE giving oral and swallow. I dont think any guys will forget about the rest of the menu if they desire that as well.
If you do it openly here on the board (nationally and regionally), for the logical reason you just stated, I don't think many people will have an issue with it.

If you DO make the change, you may even want to add "formerly known as..." in your ads for a year or so, just to be completely open about it.

Just my 2 cents...
Thanks, blaze. I thought the same thing. But I'd like to keep my reviews - not hide from anyone. I really don't wanna start over again with zero reviews/people not knowing who I am/etc. It's frustrating as a newbie. lol

Stavin... that's what I was wanting to do. Not hiding. Public knowledge. I wanted to get providers who've experienced this, as well as hobbyists opinions on what they think when they see this and if they think negatively about it - even if she isn't hiding and says she was so and so.

white chocolate - I love oral and good at it - but I don't swallow - hasn't bothered anyone a bit lol But, I don't want JUST those types of sessions, especially when touring - would rather not do just bng sessions at all. I suppose that's why I've been pondering a name change.

I love this current name, but I do get asked a lot "do you offer anything else?" and I can see where it could lead someone to think that's all I do. I'd like to change those misconceptions.
i dont see why anyone would think negative if you were open about it. Your reasoning for changing are good ones. I think the girls that change their handles because they ruined their reputation by being known to BB and then change handle and hide who they were.. are the ones who the guys think negatively about. And frankly i see it as a safety risk..

But your reasoning is legit and completely understandable/ respectable.
I can see changing there name/handle for personal reasons or needing a fresh start. Just don't think ladies should change there name because there are too many ladies using some variation of your name or you just get tired of that name.

BTW, don't mean any disrespect to the OP but haven't you already changed your name not too long ago?
Shorty - I did use Annie in the name for about a week maybe. But it was confusing for hobbyists with Annie in it. I never thought of actually asking hobbyists what effect it would have on them from doing it before I tried it. What concerns it would raise. I don't want to confuse people. I wasn't hiding, was I? That is why I asked the question. Thank you for the reminder.
Thanks, blaze. I thought the same thing. But I'd like to keep my reviews - not hide from anyone. I really don't wanna start over again with zero reviews/people not knowing who I am/etc. It's frustrating as a newbie. lol

Stavin... that's what I was wanting to do. Not hiding. Public knowledge. I wanted to get providers who've experienced this, as well as hobbyists opinions on what they think when they see this and if they think negatively about it - even if she isn't hiding and says she was so and so.

white chocolate - I love oral and good at it - but I don't swallow - hasn't bothered anyone a bit lol But, I don't want JUST those types of sessions, especially when touring - would rather not do just bng sessions at all. I suppose that's why I've been pondering a name change.

I love this current name, but I do get asked a lot "do you offer anything else?" and I can see where it could lead someone to think that's all I do. I'd like to change those misconceptions. Originally Posted by Lil Oral Annie
Annie, stick with what you have going on now. Its almost never good for business to make a name change. This business is all about reputation over time. Look around the retail world, companies rarely change the stores names after being bought out. i.e. Kmart bought Sears a few years ago, it would be suicide for them to change all the Sears stores to Kmarts.

I deal with name change requests everyday, and except in a VERY rare instance, I see it being a big detriment to a ladies business.

If someone asks you about other services, simply say to look at your reviews. Pretty self-explanatory really.
Chica - Yeah, you kinda know what I'm talking about since we've discussed it before. I was just thinking about it. Everyone has differing opinions. I've even thought of doing away with that specific service, but then people question that because of the name lol I'm just torn either way. But it is a nifty name, and I get compliments on it a lot. Anyhoo.. just curious as to what people thought about name changes. Thank you for everyone's input.

You're welcome to close the thread, Chica. Thanks, hon.
Ever consider dual persona's? Keep your current name, but also create a parallel profile. Over time, build clientele with the new name and all, while still having your original name. Then when people contact the old name, drive them to the new profile. Tell them it is the old you, but you want to change your name. This process could take 6 months to a year. You slowly phase out the old you and phase in the new persona.
I have been working on a name change for awhile
It is nearly impossible to wipe away and start over, especially once you have accumulated a large enough web presence.

As we grow in the business, our persona's change and being stuck with a handle that doesn't encompass you well can be personally irritating.

I feel your pain : (
Cpalmson, eccie doesn't allow more than one handle. That is a great idea, though. P411 won't allow two accounts either.

Goddessmaria, girl you are gorgeous. I love your avatar. Yes, I just would like to be more than what they see in my name. I have a lot more to give.