RIP James Garner

My favorite TV show of the late 70s was The Rockford Files. James Garner played the role perfectly. He also starred in Maverick. He had diverse movie roles as well, Marlowe and The Great Escape are two that come to mind. Another fine actor passes away.
Was sad to see this...loved the Rockford Files!! RIP James!!
He did Grand Prix, probably the best racing movie ever.
Still do the high speed reverse 180 spin like his character on Rockford Files
Still do the high speed reverse 180 spin like his character on Rockford Files Originally Posted by no glove no love
That is the "Rockford Turn" hehehe
Russ Martin is going to be devastated.
He did Grand Prix, probably the best racing movie ever. Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
i am a huge racing fan and that movie just rocked. and i never missed Rockford on i think it was friday nights. have been to many Indy 500's and he was at many of them. was grand marshall at a couple i was at.
He was one of my all time favorites as Maverick and in the Rockford Files. Sad to see him go. One of the best.
One of the best he will be missed i loved the rockford files and never forget he was in grand prix i do belive a true gentleman great actor and racer and fan of motor sports
RIP JIM

Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
if I remenber right he did some of the driving in that movie
as did a friend of his the late STEVE MCQUEEN two of
the best

My faves:

The Notebook

Maverick (the movie)

Murphy's Law

Tank

Sad day.
Don't forget "The Great Escape"
One of the best he will be missed i loved the rockford files and never forget he was in grand prix i do belive a true gentleman great actor and racer and fan of motor sports
RIP JIM

Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
if I remenber right he did some of the driving in that movie
as did a friend of his the late STEVE MCQUEEN two of
the best

Originally Posted by skirtchaser79411
Also Paul Newman on " winning". The trilogy of racing movies, together with the 24 du mans and Grand Prix. On Grand Prix, real drivers such as Graham Hill and Dan Gurney appeared, but not with their real names.
luke is right i forgot all about paul newman even after meeting once at indy in the garage of gary Bettenhausen. i grew up not far from there shop and raced at the same track they cut there teeth at
He was an actor with class and dignity! Had the privilege to play golf with him once in California years ago. He was an excellent golfer too. R.I.P.
Sorry, that should have been Murphy's Romance.

Thank you to the nice person who pm'd me about my title fail.