TX HB1540 (Increasing Prohibited Sex Work Penalties From Misdemeanors To Felonies)

It’s kinda interesting that most of the threads on this topic, both here and on OH2, have been posted in men’s-only forums. Very little coed discussion, from what I can tell.

I guess that reflects the law’s focus: pimps/managers, AMPs/studios, and a bit on clients and SHMBs/ad sites. The independent gals and their clients don’t really have much more to worry about than they do now, unless there is further crackdown on advertising and review boards.
I kind of suspect that the providers hope their clients are unaware of the law. If you think about it they don't have much to gain discussing it publicly here.
Noticed OH2 is down today. Not sure if it's coincidence or related to this upcoming law.
It’s up and running this afternoon.
  • Smerc
  • 08-11-2021, 02:48 PM
It loads like it's going to come up, but then tosses a 502 page.
It worked this morning. Still down for me
It’s kinda interesting that most of the threads on this topic, both here and on OH2, have been posted in men’s-only forums. Very little coed discussion, from what I can tell.

I guess that reflects the law’s focus: pimps/managers, AMPs/studios, and a bit on clients and SHMBs/ad sites. The independent gals and their clients don’t really have much more to worry about than they do now, unless there is further crackdown on advertising and review boards. Originally Posted by TinMan
I, personally have been notifying my "regulars" as well as adding it to my most recent ad posts. Granted, it can be argued that we have nothing to gain by public discussion, I would have to disagree.

Regulars~ I am helping to solidify their long term loyalty. If they have met with me even once and clearly know that I am a "safe & sure thing" why would they choose to shop around for the fun of it.

Potential Clients~ I have been adding a link to the most current news on the subject to my posts. I do so simply to inform any gentleman as it directly relates to their position in the hobby. All of this being said brings me to why I see it as potentially beneficial to my business. I feel like if any hobbyist/buyer goes to jail and/or picks up any charges they are far more likely to cease participating in the hobby all together. Thus, if I can save anyone from having a run in with police in relation to the hobby I cld be saving their ability to hobby in its entirety.
On a more personal note, if there are any guys out there that have wanted to meet a provider but has always just put it off until 2mrw. I hope mentioning that they will be at a much greater risk meeting new providers after September 1, 2021 will light a fire significant enough that they actually execute meeting that provider now rather than not meeting her at all.

**Perfect example of why I have been getting the word out there now.....I moved out of Texas and I am only in the Houston area on occasion these days. If there is anyone that has been wanting to meet me then this week would be the last opportunity to do so with a lesser risk factor. Since on Monday I will return to Atlanta.

Just the view point from one empathetic woman. Happy Hobbying!!
I, personally have been notifying my "regulars" as well as adding it to my most recent ad posts. Granted, it can be argued that we have nothing to gain by public discussion, I would have to disagree.

Regulars~ I am helping to solidify their long term loyalty. If they have met with me even once and clearly know that I am a "safe & sure thing" why would they choose to shop around for the fun of it.

Potential Clients~ I have been adding a link to the most current news on the subject to my posts. I do so simply to inform any gentleman as it directly relates to their position in the hobby. All of this being said brings me to why I see it as potentially beneficial to my business. I feel like if any hobbyist/buyer goes to jail and/or picks up any charges they are far more likely to cease participating in the hobby all together. Thus, if I can save anyone from having a run in with police in relation to the hobby I cld be saving their ability to hobby in its entirety.
On a more personal note, if there are any guys out there that have wanted to meet a provider but has always just put it off until 2mrw. I hope mentioning that they will be at a much greater risk meeting new providers after September 1, 2021 will light a fire significant enough that they actually execute meeting that provider now rather than not meeting her at all.

**Perfect example of why I have been getting the word out there now.....I moved out of Texas and I am only in the Houston area on occasion these days. If there is anyone that has been wanting to meet me then this week would be the last opportunity to do so with a lesser risk factor. Since on Monday I will return to Atlanta.

Just the view point from one empathetic woman. Happy Hobbying!! Originally Posted by MrzPeach
Clever girl.
It’s all about deterring, if LE can cause some folk to stop P4P they have succeeded. I ain’t stopping, they can’t make me.
F**k the pigs!!!
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1276617.

This is the most complete news article I've read so far as it tries to give a balanced view of the new law.

One question is they keep quoting that 79k youth in TX are trafficked at any given time. Well that is close to .7% of all the youth under 18 of both genders so it seems like a large number to me.

I also really don't see where they're giving the providers a break with pretrial diversions, at least not for run of the mill cases.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1276617.

This is the most complete news article I've read so far as it tries to give a balanced view of the new law.

I also really don't see where they're giving the providers a break with pretrial diversions, at least not for run of the mill cases. Originally Posted by Big Ed
Good peice. Pre-trial diversion? Has nothing to do with the stated aim, reducing trafficking. If they are trafficked, give blanket amnesty, dumb fuckers. Don't re-victimize them!

That last sentence, about improving housing and other conditions? Hell, Texas will NEVER do that.

Just the view point from one empathetic woman. Happy Hobbying!! Originally Posted by MrzPeach
Pretty sharp post that covers a lot of ground!!!

One question is they keep quoting that 79k youth in TX are trafficked at any given time. Well that is close to .7% of all the youth under 18 of both genders so it seems like a large number to me. Originally Posted by Big Ed
You can read the full report here: https://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/...=2&isAllowed=y

The data cracks me up. They admit their data is shit and is based on estimates and the very first quote on their study is,

“Harriet Tubman did not wait around for a proper measurement
of how many slaves were in the South. Neither should we. The
work needs to be done while we try to measure it.”

So guys who buy sex in Texas are not involved in a mutually beneficial transaction but are the same as slaveowners?

You can't make this shit up. I gave up playing the hobby in the USA when LE started pushing trafficking as a way to cash in on the hobby.
Harriet Tubman? Isn't she the one who was on a pancake box, then finally had her image removed?

Oh wait, no, I'm thinking of Aunt Jemimah.

I kid.

But when Harriet Tubman is so absurdly introduced as a symbol to back a ridiculously punitive law, that will not assist in its desired objective, my level of levity is muted in comparison.