Now This Is A Yacht You Could Have Fun On!

Now this is a Yacht!

From what I can tell and read this is just a Prototype and unsure when one will be sold. The estimated cost would be between 100 million and 160 million.

A famous French ship building company and one of Monaco joined hands to build this yacht with enormous
dimensions: the WHY 58x38. (58 meters long and 38 meters wide).

The yacht has an area of 3400 square meters, with seating for 12 passengers and 20 crew.

This is a "green" yacht.

Wally et Hermès uses green energy to save 20 to 30% fuel and 40 to 50% electricity consumption on board. There are 900 sq. meters equipped with solar panels, producing a daily output of 500 kW.

Three decks, a 25 meter pool, a spa, helicopter pad, sauna, gym and massage room, a promenade of
130 meters, a music room, a dining room, a cinema, sun decks, suites, terraces, a lounge, and a bibi.

The decks are connected by stairs but there is also an elevator.

The suite of the owner:

With an area of 200 sq. meters and completely covers the third deck. (This is the bedroom) The sea view is great, and there is a private terrace 25 meters long.

The yacht has the shape of a horseshoe and has a roof so everything is bathed in a sea of light.

The spacious lounge.

On the lower deck are the common premises, such as lounge, piano bar and dining area.

The dining room opens onto the sea view.

For the guests, 5 suites with sea views (on the middle deck). There is also a reading room.

WHY Yacht Webpage
http://www.why-yachts.com/

WHY Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6Ok...layer_embedded

This one is pretty nice as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMIF2...eature=related
You gold digger.
I'll have 2--one for each coast.
The furnishings are a little too "stark" for my tastes, bit I SUPPOSE I could tolerate them if you gave me one.

Row, Row, Row your boat
Gently down the stream.....

LOL
quite the party barge
boatinspain1.jpg

dockedinspain.jpg

I spend a month a summer on this one. We got it last year currently resides of the coast of spain

5689_1028121481397_1776144130_54899_7811541_n.jpg
Looks like this guy has BOOBS!!
Ydnar22 has it right. You rent the pussy and the boat!

Man boobs LOL...
Would the original boat fit thru the Panama Canal? Damn thing looks like a wedge of cheese.
Ydnar22 has it right. You rent the pussy and the boat!

Man boobs LOL... Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
My uncle owns the boat, i just go there over the summers
Thanks for that little glimpse of how the rich people live.

I have just one question.

Why does it take
more crew members than guests on any of those yachts?

Can't you make the crew more efficient?

Isn't there some redundancy already built in the system?

Aren't hotels more efficient in this regard?

And aren't these yachts floating hotel rooms in a sense?
there does not need to be more crew members, but it work out better cause you have staff round the clock. the captin and crew can not work 24 hours a day. Cook and cleaning crew are wasted money IMO but if you want the hands off just party and do nothing approach there needed also. you need a repair guy or or two just in case.

But when you can afford multi millions on a boat does the cost of the staff really matter? like my uncles boat, it was a 3 million last year. staff for the 30-45 days a year he uses it is really nothing in the scheme of things.

Yachts can be floating hotel rooms.

there are ways to use less people, when i sailed around the world we had a 9 man team on a boat that slept 16. was lots of fun but a lot of work.
there does not need to be more crew members, but it work out better cause you have staff round the clock. the captin and crew can not work 24 hours a day. Cook and cleaning crew are wasted money IMO but if you want the hands off just party and do nothing approach there needed also. you need a repair guy or or two just in case.

But when you can afford multi millions on a boat does the cost of the staff really matter? like my uncles boat, it was a 3 million last year. staff for the 30-45 days a year he uses it is really nothing in the scheme of things.

Yachts can be floating hotel rooms.

there are ways to use less people, when i sailed around the world we had a 9 man team on a boat that slept 16. was lots of fun but a lot of work. Originally Posted by ydnar22
That's all very impressive.

I hadn't thought about someone needing to be in command of the vessel 24 hrs a day and 7 days a week. That is exactly what drives the need for a second crew and the high ratio.

Still seems like a frivolous method to waste money. Very big money!

Seems like an acquired taste.
Very acquired taste, and a huge money pit. We enjoy it, but would never own one personally. My uncle is another matter, he has all kinds of toys i could only dream of owning.
That yacht had been shown in a recent yachting magazine. My problem is it would be very hard to get into a typical inlet. You'd have to moor outside the jetty in rougher water because it can't come into the calmer waters of a harbour. Paul Allen (Microsoft) and Larry Ellison (Oracle) both have yachts well over 400 feet in length and are limited to places they visit because they can't get into the harbors.
I guess thats the price of excessive toys.