Restaurants in austin

Hey guys looking for the best seafood in town prefer non chain
Truluck's
Barely a chain, and certainly not in the same sense as Red Lobster, Pappadeaux, or Joe's Crab Shack.
Awesome thank u both
http://qualityseafood.wordpress.com/restaurant/ Originally Posted by Billy_Saul
Some of the best fried shrimp around at Quality Seafood.

On the other hand the miso glazed sea bass at Trulucks is something everyone must enjoy at least once before you die.
Quality Seafood for sure.
I like the "fish-of-the-day" at this place:

http://www.frenchquartergrilleaustin.com/

They give you a choice of several different fish (my favorite is the redfish) and can choose how its cooked (grilled, fried, or blackened. Their gumbo is amazing too. Take a little of the garlic butter that comes with the bread and melt it in the gumbo. Gives it a silky texture and accents the flavor. Its also a small place for an intimate atmosphere.
Eddie V's is really nice. Quality Seafood is definitely for the food and not the fine dining experience. Truluck 's is wonderful.
I'd like to try Perla's Oyster Bar.
U guys r awesome quality seafood it is
Dim Ho. They always rank at or near the top in Zagats. I tried it and it is fantastic.
  • unagi
  • 12-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Eddie V's is a chain. Also try Clark's Oyster Bar, Perla's sister restaurant.
Perla is an excellent choice as well. Really cool vibe there. Makes you feel like you are an oyster bar right on a beach somewhere when you are actually on S. Congress. Every dish I have had there was fresh and well prepared. Just nothing as memorable as the sea bass at Trulucks.
I heard about trulucks too guess im going to have to try more than one
Try Perla's, then next time, cross S. Congress to try the black drum at Botticellis. I give the edge to B's, although it's not primarily a seafood place. Also try B's bucket of mussels, even cheaper at happy hour, which is about the healthiest and highest-protein dish in S. Austin.

And I also believe Quality Seafood is the best overall seafood house in Austin, esp. considering that you're not paying downtown or SoCo prices.