holiday charity

It's that time of year, what are you doing this year for the less fortunate folks during the holidays? I am helping at the nursing home xmas party and handing out gifts. I have bought xmas gifts for several seniors with no family to celebrate with. what do u do during the holidays for charity to those in need? Of course I will be at the eccie xmas party today and donated for that good cause as well.
I have a friend that volunteers at a soup kitchen regularly. I'm going to join him.
Sue, may you continue to enjoy good health so that the world can continue to enjoy you. What a big heart.
Sue, may you continue to enjoy good health so that the world can continue to enjoy you. What a big heart. Originally Posted by TravelingTex
Amen
good ideas...awesome!

I donate toys to charity and may go caroling at the nursing home with grandkids
Beside contributing to Whisper's effort, the family regularly adopts a few children via the various "Angel Tree" type charities. This year we took the last 4 kids off the tree at one location and got their entire lists. My church sets out cards with one needed gift a few details of the person (sex, age) and we usually pick up a half-dozen or so items. This year, I'm focusing on the elderly needs.
  • Toyz
  • 12-19-2014, 08:39 AM
I have been a part of the american cancer society activist programs for over two decades...American lung association for the past 8 years. At my company I am one of the primary organizers of group voluntary events. We have worked for the capital area food bank, animal shelters (including a fun gig at a mini horse farm), numerous cancer walks and food drives.

This Christmas season I will be giving presents and cooking meals for two needy hoogars as part if my "ToYz Helping Hoogars" outreach program...