How low can you go, character assassination of a marine

The last couple of days Timmie has been pretty vocal about saying that Tahmoressi was drunk when he drove into Mexico. This happened in late afternoon and I don't recall anything about DUI or even that anyone had anything to drink. So Timmie goes out of his way to attack the character of a young marine who served his country in combat. Why is Timmie such a low life?
This happened in late afternoon and I don't recall .... that anyone had anything to drink. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
After he was taken into custody he gave an interview in which he outlined his activities in Mexico, BEFORE he walked back to the U.S. to get his truck BEFORE he drove into Mexico, in which he stated he had some drink(s) while he was wandering around looking for a place to spend the night IN MEXICO.

A couple of observations regarding some "common sense" .... next to money, pickups and firearms are the most common things stolen (or "confiscated") in Mexico (and in many, if not most "3rd/4th World" countries), and taken either one of them TO THE BORDER shows some serious deficiency in "thought processes" and taking both at the same time is really "over the top."

Then he parks his pickup with weapons at a public parking facility, while he wanders around Mexico, drinking, and looking for a place to spend the night (with or without his truck, personal belongings, and WEAPONS?).

To top it off ... "The Marine" gets "confused" and fails to follow signs and directions back "home" and ends up BACK IN MEXICO. One's "confusion" and inability to follow traffic flow signs is an indicator of "impairment."

The additional, and subsequent, FACT that is too often ignored in the dialogue, laden with pronouncements of a "decorated war hero" or "combat veteran" as "a defense," is he TRIED TO ESCAPE.

"ESCAPE" (or ATTEMPTED ESCAPE) is an offense in and of itself ...

.......... for which he can get prison time.

Presumption: "Innocent people" don't try to escape.

His service to this country is respected and admired, but like too many "combat veterans" his behavior upon his return is still judged by the standards of the country in which he resides or travels ....

..... just like every other citizen.

Having a drink does not require drunkedness, having two drinks also does not indicate drunkedness. Timmie needs to show a link that shows that Tahmoressi was DRUNK or stop repeating that allegation. According to his lawyer (on FOX NEWS last night) Tahmoressi had several opportunities to just walk away from the authorities in the hours leading up to his arrest (the videos) but he did not. This sounds like the actions of an innocent man. I guess innocence depends on which country you're in and escaping from a Mexican prison is probably a reasonable act under the circumstances, innocent or guilty. Events prove Tahmoressi right.
Having a drink does not require drunkedness, having two drinks also does not indicate drunkedness. Timmie needs to show a link that shows that Tahmoressi was DRUNK or stop repeating that allegation. According to his lawyer (on FOX NEWS last night) Tahmoressi had several opportunities to just walk away from the authorities in the hours leading up to his arrest (the videos) but he did not. This sounds like the actions of an innocent man. I guess innocence depends on which country you're in and escaping from a Mexican prison is probably a reasonable act under the circumstances, innocent or guilty. Events prove Tahmoressi right. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I'm not talking about what his lawyer says NOW. (He's had several, BTW.)

I didn't say he admitted being drunk. I said he admitted having consumed alcoholic beverages while in Mexico .. walking around looking for a hotel in which to stay. I did say that his "behavior" was consistent with impairment.

He said clearly in an interview (I heard his words) that he did not feel free to leave at any time while he was with the police, and particularly after the military arrived. He said he thought they were going to let him go, until the military officer appeared, and then he added that he felt they may have just been telling him that until the military arrived so he would not give them any problems while they waited for the military to arrive. BTW his own interview CONFIRMED it was not "hours" before his arrest, once he crossed the border and was stopped. He was not free to leave, when he was STOPPED at the border.

Have you ever been STOPPED at a border crossing ANY WHERE? PLEASE!!!

Trying to Escape from jail or prison is not consistent with innocence.

I'm not supporting "Timmie's" version of anything. I am going on the unfortunate interviews done with him before he "lawyered up" the last time. His interviews with the media have not done him any favors. I give nothing of value to what lawyers say on TV about their client's case. IMO they shouldn't even be talking on TV ... it's a waste of time and does no good.
Would it have been less offensive if he had been in the Air Force, JDCornhole?
Its kind of like the joke about the difference between the army and the navy (which could be the marines and the air force).

An enlisted army man wakes up in his foxhole thousands of miles from his own country. He makes some coffee by lighting a fuel tablet under his metal cup of water. He eats cold MREs. Rinses his mouth out with the cold coffee before using a little of his water to wipe his face off some. He is wearing the same clothes that he has been wearing the last three days. Before he begins a LT comes around and says "good luck" soldier before leaving.

In the navy an enlisted man wakes up in his rack (bunk) with all of his family photos taped to the bottom of the rack above him. He gets up, grabs his towel, and takes a hot shower. He brushes his teeth before getting in the chow line where he can have some cold milk, pancakes, hash browns, eggs over easy, and some corned beef hash. The sailor finishes up with some good hot coffee that he takes with him in his 52 oz. insulated mug. He walks up to the flight deck with the sun is rising over the Persian Gulf. A LT approaches, he salutes the LT and says "good luck sir" before the LT climbs into an aircraft which will be flung off the deck of the ship to fly a mission into hostile air space 400 miles away. The enlisted man goes back to reading his magazine that he has shoved in his back pocket.
Now we know why you left the Army for the Navy.
The last couple of days Timmie has been pretty vocal about saying that Tahmoressi was drunk when he drove into Mexico. This happened in late afternoon and I don't recall anything about DUI or even that anyone had anything to drink. So Timmie goes out of his way to attack the character of a young marine who served his country in combat. Why is Timmie such a low life? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Do you enter some sort of time/space continuum at 3:30 a.m. when you decide to post up your whacky thoughts? The last time I posted about the drunk marine was not the "last couple of days"......it was over three months ago.

Were you teleported back to June 4 last night or something? Dunce. Get some sleep meds.....it will help. Well, it won't help your IQ level but at least you'll be able to recall what has or has not happened in the past "couple of days."
The last time I posted about the drunk marine was not the "last couple of days"......it was over three months ago. Originally Posted by timpage
I guess by now you've figured out he wasn't "drunk" after all. Right?
Its kind of like the joke about the difference between the army and the navy (which could be the marines and the air force).

An enlisted army man wakes up in his foxhole thousands of miles from his own country. He makes some coffee by lighting a fuel tablet under his metal cup of water. He eats cold MREs. Rinses his mouth out with the cold coffee before using a little of his water to wipe his face off some. He is wearing the same clothes that he has been wearing the last three days. Before he begins a LT comes around and says "good luck" soldier before leaving.

In the navy an enlisted man wakes up in his rack (bunk) with all of his family photos taped to the bottom of the rack above him. He gets up, grabs his towel, and takes a hot shower. He brushes his teeth before getting in the chow line where he can have some cold milk, pancakes, hash browns, eggs over easy, and some corned beef hash. The sailor finishes up with some good hot coffee that he takes with him in his 52 oz. insulated mug. He walks up to the flight deck with the sun is rising over the Persian Gulf. A LT approaches, he salutes the LT and says "good luck sir" before the LT climbs into an aircraft which will be flung off the deck of the ship to fly a mission into hostile air space 400 miles away. The enlisted man goes back to reading his magazine that he has shoved in his back pocket. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
So? What's the fucking joke?
I guess by now you've figured out he wasn't "drunk" after all. Right? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Your words: >>>>I didn't say he admitted being drunk. I said he admitted having consumed alcoholic beverages while in Mexico .. walking around looking for a hotel in which to stay. I did say that his "behavior" was consistent with impairment.<<<<<

Back under your rock now.
The last time I posted about the drunk marine was not the "last couple of days"......it was over three months ago. Originally Posted by timpage
Your words>>>>> ".....I posted about the drunk marine....."

Let me try this again, ..

Perhaps in your world having a few drinks over hours of time = "drunk"!
Your words>>>>> ".....I posted about the drunk marine....."

Let me try this again, ..

Perhaps in your world having a few drinks over hours of time = "drunk"! Originally Posted by LexusLover
No, no...let ME try again Captain Obvious.....I believe you indicated not 20 minutes ago that his behavior was consistent with being impaired? Did you not? Typical brain-dead conservative but you're just going to have to face it: we agree on something.....this guy was most likely drunk or "impaired", driving around with weapons in his vehicle and stupidly drove into Mexico. Live with it. I'm sure he'll be home in a few weeks and all will be well until he gets drunk again and beats up his girlfriend or wrecks his car and kills somebody.

And, as every single police officer walking the face of the planet knows.....when somebody cops to "a few beers", it really means 7 or 8.

By the way, I just bought an LS460. Nice car. Maybe you sold it to me, huh?
Having a drink does not require drunkedness, having two drinks also does not indicate drunkedness. Timmie needs to show a link that shows that Tahmoressi was DRUNK or stop repeating that allegation. According to his lawyer (on FOX NEWS last night) Tahmoressi had several opportunities to just walk away from the authorities in the hours leading up to his arrest (the videos) but he did not. This sounds like the actions of an innocent man. I guess innocence depends on which country you're in and escaping from a Mexican prison is probably a reasonable act under the circumstances, innocent or guilty. Events prove Tahmoressi right. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Your level of stupidity never ceases to astonish.

"Having a drink does not require drunkenness?" Now, there is a gem of wisdom.

Go fuck yourself Admiral. I'll post what I want, when I want, within the boundaries of the rules here on the board. You demanding proof of anything is laughable. You are an idiot. And, everybody here with an IQ above room temperature knows it.
No, no...let ME try again .... Originally Posted by timpage
You confirmed you don't know if he were drunk ... that's good enough for me.

Admitting you exaggerate must be difficult for you, But it's good to admit it.

Please continue to delude yourself.