Best Cigar Bars & Gyms in Houston

Hey there! So as an avid baseball fan, I'm trying to hit every MLB stadium before I'm 35. I've got a little over 5 years to make this happen and Houston is on my list this year so I'm headed that way in August for the Rangers/Astros series.

When I travel, I love to try out a new cigar bar and sip scotch. I've looked at three places but was curious what the locals have to say. Because I'll take a local recommendation over Google and Yelp almost any day. Currently on my list:

• Sweet Lips Cigars Lounge
• Casa de Montecristo (West Loop)
• Emit Cigars
• Stogies World Class Cigars
• The Spot Cigar & Bourbon Lounge

Also, does anyone know of a good old school bodybuilding gym in Kansas City? My gym in Minneapolis is in an old machine shop with no AC and I love it! So if anyone knows of anything similar could you please let me know? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Paige, xx

n.b. I may make time to meet a friend or two so if I wanted to keep myself happy but accommodate others what part of Houston would be best to stay in?
Hope you find what you're in search of, have safe travels and enjoy your stay!

Happy Hobbying!
Be Fit gym is in EaDo. Walking distance from Minute Maid. It's an old warehouse, no AC.
OK, so these are not IN Houston . . .or KC ewither:

Cigar Bar: In Sugarland, look for "Cigar-Cigar" in the Town Center shopping area. High end cigars, lockable private little storage lockers, and with a public smoking area.

A Gym: In Rosenberg, I go to Texans Fit. Next door to Spec's right off on 59/69. There is a lap pool, steam and dry sauna, a spinner room, two basketball gyms and a huge area for weight training and resistance machines, treadmills, stationary bikes, steppers etc. Locker rooms are nice, everything is clean and cleaned.
“a spinner room” is there a guest pass to enjoy the spinner prior to making a commitment?

Any photos online?
Well out of all the 24 hour fitness gyms that are open 24 hours the Shaq gym in Friendswood is best & then ofcourse the Houstonian is my favorite that's off Post Oak in the Galleria as far as cigar bars none come to mind although there's several!!
I hope you enjoy your visit I'm sure the Gentlemen here will enjoy you visiting & welcome!!
Again , Welcome to Houston & I'm confident you will have a blast once you arrive!
Here are my two favorite gyms

https://www.24hourfitness.com/gyms/p...upersport.html

https://www.houstonian.com/the-club/about-us/fitness

The Ladies locker room ofcourse is nicer at the Houstonian but both as effective with workout equipment & saunas and other perks.
Planet Fitness is a great gym, super awesome tanning beds and personal training with the black membership. I love it
And this is why I shouldn't be posting on boards after taking my melatonin. I absolutely meant body building gyms in Houston *face palm*

Thank you everyone for your recs. I will for sure keep those it all in mind as I plan my trip. And thank you VenusNova and Alyssa for the kind wishes.

While I do appreciate the Planet Fitness suggestion, I opt to not be a patron of their business unless absolutely necessary. They aren't bad but 1) they don't have the equipment necessary for where I'm at/what I prefer to use in my training regimen and 2) I lift VERY heavy. Example: this week, my rack pull warm-up was 205lbs & my hip thrust working sets were 8 45lbs plates with a hypertrophy set at 10 plates... it requires a little bit of noise that doesn't fit into Planet Fitness' philosophy and brand so I don't even bother. I've seen the "Lunk" alarm be pushed before... that's a torturous form of embarrassment if you ask me.
Whoa! You go girl!!
That is heavy lifting ughh good for you I just go to the gyms for treadmill & sauna maybe 2 or three other lower body regimen.
And Sauna .
I agree I don't care for planet fitness th
Pardon ..the equipment is too close together and I tried their tanning beds they suck .It's best to get a tanning membership at Palm Beach highest level bed ofcourse to get results fast.
The Houstonian does have weight training and also body sculpting equipment and a huge TV in the ladies locker room if u want to watch TV, 3 computers a printer wifi in the locker room as well as little things like fruit coffee tea in the locker room and make up toiletries sponges, q-tips robes you know towels .
I'm confident they offer weight training & congrats on your fitness goals I'm sure you will have a blast here working out & having fun.
I vote you check out the Houstonian!
To get pampered after & before ��workouts!
Lastly, I promise I don't work lol for the Houstonian, the ladies locker room also has a private room with the most intense massage lounger / chair.
It's a place I recommend for all that like comfort & privacy ...while getting fit
Stogies imo
“a spinner room” is there a guest pass to enjoy the spinner prior to making a commitment?

Any photos online? Originally Posted by Michael8219
I dunn o much about it. Never been there hile a class is in session.