Waco Kid's College Football week 3

What is Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review? It is an ongoing weekly review of all things College Football!!

Each week upcoming games can be discussed and predictions made, name-calling after victories and general all-around college football discussion! Each week will be closed out by the next Monday and a new thread opened for the current college football schedule for each week.

Rules
-

"Rules?? We don't need no stinkin’ rules!”

Actually we do.

WKWCFR rule 1

"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"

British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli

If you quote a stat, record, 3rd down conversion rate, an all-time mark or the number of jock straps an 85-man team needs ...

Post it! If you can't post a link to it, it's bogus!

What's valid in the Internet age? Just about anything! Any of the major sports publications, local newspapers, any of the big networks and official school and NCAA sites just to cover the big ones.

WKWCFR rule 2

Predictions must be posted 1 day in advance! If you haven't read the sports page and figgured out who's going to win by the day before ya never will!

Must be time stamped before Midnight the day before game-day, for any weekly games Thur-Sun on the current weekly schedule.

So there you have it, pretty basic! You can post on general topics of your favorite teams regardless of that week's opponent. Just remember
WKWCFR rule 1

Polls
Winner: Ohio St.
In years past this would have been a great game for TeddyBear to make a name for Cal. Not this year and not in Pope Urbie II's house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Winner: Fla St.
Well Gotdamn Jimbo Boy, don't fuck up now. Yer on a roll, ain't ya? LOL. Seriously, i want to see the Sems open at home sharp against a Wake F team that beat Liberty by 3. Liberty. At home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner: VA Tech
The Crist era at Pitt hasn't gone well so far. Neither has the post-Crist era in Madison. Hmmmm. Ah well, Hokies should avoid a trap game this time.

16 TCU

Kansas

Winner: TCU
If FatAssWeis beats Patty i'll go buy a gotdam ND cap. And wear it in public. And i hate ND.

Winner: Clemson
Speaking of caps, I have a Furman cap. Furman University. get it? wear it all the time. Anyway they suck at football and once again Dabo finds hisself needing a strong win to keep pace in the beauty pageant.

Winner: Oregon
Tech is a up and coming program but unless they play the greatest game they have they'll still need help from the Ducks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner: Michigan
Bama needs UM to win. So win one for pride, The Tide, and yer Big Ten. No pressure at all, yeah?

Winner: Alabama
What would this game have been with Petrino? Alas we'll never know but know this Bama rolls.

Winner: Louisville
Going all in with the alma mater. Go CARDS!

Winner: WVa
Hey Mountaineers: two words. Va Tech. Do Not Lose, Holgerson.

Winner: Tennessee

The Boy conjures up a bit of Vince and some Johnny Majors on top. Rocky Top that is.

Winner: K State
N tex should eventually improve under McCarney. But Wildkats way over UNT's head today.

Winner: S Carolina
Given the Cocks are banged up, this will be closer than it should be. Edge to the Visor.

Winner: USC
Here's it is, Kiffy. First biggie of the BIG YEAR. As Davis yer ex would say: Just Win, Baby!

Winner: UGA
The SEC looms, BDogs. Make it a tune-up. You'll need it.

Winner: ND
Sparty is due for a QB meltdown coupled with a faulty run game equals ND win. And i HATE ND.

Winner: LSU
Crazy Lester mashes the Idaho spuds into Cajun pulp and feeds 'em to Mikey.

Winner: Texas
Now we see what the Horns are made of. Hook'em Horns!

Winner: Utah
BYU pops into the Top 25 and right out the ass end. Utah lost to U St. last week and they take it out on them Mormons. Hmm, isn't Mittster a Mormon?

Winner: Arizona
RichRod rolls on to coaching redemption. Stoops left him the perfect spread QB for his offense but what will RR do on defense when the big boys in the PAC 12 show up?

Winner: UCLA
Bruins mauled the Children of the Corn last week, so this week going all in with Mora. So far so good in Sunny LA. So What?

Winner: Ohio St.
In years past this would have been a great game for TeddyBear to make a name for Cal. Not this year and not in Pope Urbie II's house.

The Pope of Columbus let this one get a bit too close for comfort. No wonder he got all uppity in his post game presser. But he WON and hope springs eternal in the Land of Buckeye. This Week.

Winner: Fla St.
Well Gotdamn Jimbo Boy, don't fuck up now. Yer on a roll, ain't ya? LOL. Seriously, i want to see the Sems open at home sharp against a Wake F team that beat Liberty by 3. Liberty. At home.

Now you're rolling in style Jimbo Boy! just remember Clemson ain't Wake Forest. But at least you get them in Bobby's house.

Winner: VA Tech
The Crist era at Pitt hasn't gone well so far. Neither has the post-Crist era in Madison. Hmmmm. Ah well, Hokies should avoid a trap game this time.

I said "avoid a trap" not "take a crap!!" Which is exactly what Va Tech did. Again. At least Pitt's not in the ACC.

16 TCU

Kansas

Winner: TCU
If FatAssWeis beats Patty i'll go buy a gotdam ND cap. And wear it in public. And i hate ND.

So much for FatAssWeis and his so-called "offensive acumen", he managed all of two FG's. Would have liked to see more offense from Da Froggies but my faith in Patty is firm and no ND hat in my future.

Winner: Clemson
Speaking of caps, I have a Furman cap. Furman University. get it? wear it all the time. Anyway they suck at football and once again Dabo finds hisself needing a strong win to keep pace in the beauty pageant.

And a strong WIN Dabo gets. He'll need it. Next up is a visit to Bobby's House. Then we'll see what Dabo is made of.

Winner: Oregon
Tech is a up and coming program but unless they play the greatest game they have they'll still need help from the Ducks.

Duckies roll and now become the front runner in the PAC 12. more on that later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winner: Michigan
Bama needs UM to win. So win one for pride, The Tide, and yer Big Ten. No pressure at all, yeah?

UMass 13
17 Michigan 63
UM rolls up UMass and thumps them. Maybe there's life in Ann Arbor yet. Just not when you play Bama.

Winner: Alabama
What would this game have been with Petrino? Alas we'll never know but know this Bama rolls.

1 Alabama 52

Arkansas 0
Speaking of Bama, they crush the hapless quitters in Fayetteville. And they did quit, just ask the QB. Not sure even Petrino could have won this one with a backup QB.

Winner: Louisville
Going all in with the alma mater. Go CARDS!

Watch it, Cards, you led 35-7 and nearly let this one get away from you. And i thought Charlie Strong was a defensive guy??

Winner: WVa
Hey Mountaineers: two words. Va Tech. Do Not Lose, Holgerson.

On a day when Va Tech did lose, Holgerson avoids a similar fate. But beware Mountain Men, JM is NOT the Big 12.

Winner: Tennessee

The Boy conjures up a bit of Vince and some Johnny Majors on top. Rocky Top that is.

Will conjures up the Visor and a little Pope Urbie II for good measure. Way too much this time for Vince's Boy.

Winner: K State
N tex should eventually improve under McCarney. But Wildkats way over UNT's head today.

This game was closer than the score suggests. But it's W for the Wildkats and they ain't giving it back.

Winner: S Carolina
Given the Cocks are banged up, this will be closer than it should be. Edge to the Visor.

This is why the HBC is the HBC. The visor rolls over UAB no sweat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2

2 USC

21 Stanford
Winner: USC
Here it is, Kiffy. First biggie of the BIG YEAR. As Davis yer ex would say: Just Win, Baby!

What part of "Just Win, Baby" didn't you get Kiffy? Pete would have won this game. Even yer daddy did his part but ONLY 14 points?? Against a not exactly scary Stanford Defense?? Shameful.

Winner: UGA
The SEC looms, BDogs. Make it a tune-up. You'll need it.

Fla Atlantic 20
7 Georgia 56
UGA rolls on to the SEC. Then we'll see if Richt has it this year. Or not.

Winner: ND
Sparty is due for a QB meltdown coupled with a faulty run game equals ND win. And i HATE ND.

Did i mention i hate ND? anyway you aren't going going far in the Big 10 with a QB that throws 45 passes and completes 51 % of them. And rushes for -28 yards. -28.

Winner: LSU
Crazy Lester mashes the Idaho spuds into Cajun pulp and feeds 'em to Mikey.

Mikey feasts on the Idaho Spuds. Don't need no stinkin' Honey Badgers .. yet.

Winner: Texas
Now we see what the Horns are made of. Hook'em Horns!

The 66 points i liked. the 31 i did not like. Still, this game was never really close and Texas rolled up 350 net rushing yards. The difference however was Ash who begins to show the progress he needs to keep teams from stacking against the run.

Winner: Utah
BYU pops into the Top 25 and right out the ass end. Utah lost to U St. last week and they take it out on them Mormons. Hmm, isn't Mittster a Mormon?

25 BYU 21

Utah 24
a wild finish here. and as predicted, them polygamous Morons .. er Mormons drop outta the top 25.

Winner: Arizona
RichRod rolls on to coaching redemption. Stoops left him the perfect spread QB for his offense but what will RR do on defense when the big boys in the PAC 12 show up?

That's more like it, RR. Good thing Stoops left you a defense and that running QB for your spread offense.

Winner: UCLA
Bruins mauled the Children of the Corn last week, so this week going all in with Mora. So far so good in Sunny LA. So What?

Houston 6
22 UCLA 37
Who is this Mora guy, anyway? Right now at least he looks like the real deal and possibly CF's Coach of the Year. But it's early so let's not anoint him a Saint yet.
I bet we have the best freshman qb's in the nation