U.S. military uniforms "MADE IN PRISON" American prison labor means longer unemployment lines

• CJ7
  • 09-17-2012, 04:01 PM
I'd much rather see some government contractor make the uniforms and charge the pentagon $5000.00 per uniform than I had see a prison make them for next to nothing ... why wouldnt every taxpayer want that ?
The only problem I have with it is that it's too easy of a job for the prisoners. I would give them one big rock and one small hammer. When they made all of it into gravel I would give them a new big rock.
Why give them a hammer.
Give them two big rocks and make them make smaller rocks.
Once they have mastered smaller ro0cks then they can master gravel.
  • CJ7
  • 09-17-2012, 05:41 PM
making little rocks out of big rocks will certainly pay back the $50K it costs taxpayers every year to house and feed 1 single prisoner

yes sir who needs to save the taxpayers any money ... fuck em !

they dont call you rightwinger guys idiots for nothing
making little rocks out of big rocks will certainly pay back the $50K it costs taxpayers every year to house and feed 1 single prisoner

yes sir who needs to save the taxpayers any money ... fuck em !

they dont call you rightwinger guys idiots for nothing Originally Posted by CJ7
Typical muddled thinking of a Kool-Aid drinking Dim. You claim you are for the average "working man"; yet, you want to give their jobs to incarcerated criminals and leave the boarders open for illegal labor to further drive down the wages of the American working man.
snick
snick Originally Posted by ekim008
Sniffing dick again, Ekim the Inbred?
Sniffing dick again, Ekim the Inbred? Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Good one IB!
Sniffing dick again, Ekim the Inbred? Originally Posted by I B Hankering

don't get your hopes up faggot....
Good one IB! Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Two queers are better than one?
Well it used to be that you could make prisoners do something to earn their keep but the liberals changed all of that.
The State of Texas made them grow their own cotton, pick the cotton, gin the cotton, mill the cotton, and make their own uniforms and lines from the cotton.
They had to grow their own food and raise their cattle and hogs; steaks for the guards and creamed prk for the inmates.
Everything was recycled and fed to the hogs so nothing went to wates.
The system was fair. You work, you get time off of your sentenc if you were good.
Inmates worked on things that could be used to furnish the prisons or be sold on the market place to offset the cost of their imprisonment.
Now we just let them organize into games and work out and play hoops and on and on..........
Well it used to be that you could make prisoners do something to earn their keep but the liberals changed all of that. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Granted it has been awhile since I checked, but it is my understanding that TDCJ has programs that grow crops; raise livestock; manufacture furniture, some office supplies (cardboard items like boxes) and fixtures; and allow inmates to learn and utilize craft skills to earn money that is deposited in an account ... some of which can go to pay restitution for victims. With regard to food items they sell a lot of food items, since it can be cheaper to buy it than raise their own (?). The things that are made in the system are of good/excellent quality ... stainless steel fixtures and leather furniture (Judge's chairs and the chairs used in the state legislature (house and senate).There are a few well known leather craftsmen in the units who make fine boots, belts, and other leather goods. There also are some well know jewelry makers. No one "makes" them do it, but they can earn money, have something to do, and develope/improve a skill for when they are released.