Hotel Survey

Um, wow. I booked a local hotel not long ago for an outcall (which turmed out to be a damned NCNS but whatever). Never stayed in it before. I used my personal credit card, hobby email, didn't give any work information whatsoever. So today a survey about how I liked my stay showed up in my WORK email. WTF?

Only thing I can think of is that it's part of a chain with a lot of different properties and I stayed in one of their other ones on a business trip. If that was the case though I would have paid using my corporate card. I suppose I might have done that and used my personal card for incidentals or something and they could have cross referenced the cards but I don't remember anything like that.

It's part of the Choice Hotels chain. Fucking creepy.

No reason it would cause me any problems at work but it was a little jarring to see the worlds collide like that.
Didn't you just book the room on your account for someone coming to town for a work meeting and they didn't know the area? Oh! They didn't put it on their card! They need to send some money to reimburse!
That’s why I go to a low budget Indian hotel for hobby. Dot not feather
No card. Cash only.
Didn't you just book the room on your account for someone coming to town for a work meeting and they didn't know the area? Oh! They didn't put it on their card! They need to send some money to reimburse! Originally Posted by Elvisisalive
No, actually I rented my house out for Airbnb and needed a cheap place to stay overnight to maximize my profit,,.

No big deal for work, the dollars hit my personal credit card as planned, not theirs (though for a minute there I was wondering if I accidentally used my company card, but nope). I won't have to explain anything to anyone, no one will even see it most likely. Just a little "whoa" moment when I saw it in my work email.