Eros Guide raided

• BK
  • 11-08-2017, 09:13 AM
https://www.xbiz.com/news/231580/report-eros-guides-call-center-is-raided

Not sure the impact this will have on this board and others but it is another raid of a large website. Beware your data is being confiscated by the feds.
That's just crazy. EROS just recently included Arkansas. I know based on experience that it's a pretty invasive process to get listed on the site. They require picture ID for age verification and to compare to the pictures that you submit for advertising, etc. Definitely not good for the ladies, since all of that info has been confiscated.
Ouch, and when they hand that stuff to the IRS it will get real ugly for some people. They can match up reviews with $ and give you a tax bill. Ladies, be very careful with your personal ID.
"ABC reported the raid at company offices in Youngsville, N.C., was conducted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, which executed a warrant on alleged "cross-border illegal activity."

Seems to suggest they are looking for Mann Act violations. That plus it being DHS that did the raid might suggest it's an international trafficking thing.
They ALL and I mean ALL ask for more information from the providers according to what I was told and shown by an UTR provider.
They ALL and I mean ALL ask for more information from the providers according to what I was told and shown by an UTR provider. Originally Posted by theotherguy1
All meaning whom? If you mean all adult sites, I don't think so. Preferred 411 never asked me for ID. Eccie didn't when I joined but I think that's changed.
All meaning whom? If you mean all adult sites, I don't think so. Preferred 411 never asked me for ID. Eccie didn't when I joined but I think that's changed. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Exactly I have never been asked for ID either. Now that's scary if they start doing that.
On a different note I get so tired of the media lumping every provider as a victim of trafficking. Some of us made a conscious decision to be in this hobby and as for me it has been great. The media makes it look like we are all being forced into this and it is demeaning and we need rescuing. Good grief.
Is it Eccie or P411 that is headquartered in Canada?
p411
Eccie appears to be hosted in the Netherlands.
Odd. No arrests as far as I can tell, site still up and they are posting ads on Twitter tonight.
All meaning whom? If you mean all adult sites, I don't think so. Preferred 411 never asked me for ID. Eccie didn't when I joined but I think that's changed. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I knew that “ALL” was hyperbolism but it saved a few key strokes.

I didn’t know this but I was told by a provider that to reactivate her account Eccie and P411 both asked for a photo of her DL and a picture of her holding it. She decided not to reactivate her account.
Exactly I have never been asked for ID either. Now that's scary if they start doing that.
On a different note I get so tired of the media lumping every provider as a victim of trafficking. Some of us made a conscious decision to be in this hobby and as for me it has been great. The media makes it look like we are all being forced into this and it is demeaning and we need rescuing. Good grief. Originally Posted by Sweet Casey

I would offer that if this hobby became decriminalized, providers would be able and willing to disclose knowledge of trafficking and under age providers.
P411, Eccie, and Eros ask for ID front/back and a pic of you holding it..I signed up for all 3 this year ...
I don't think that any site is 100% safe, well that's how I approach the hobby anyway. Paranoia has been my companion since I started mongering, but a good friend told me a few years ago that paranoia is your friend when it comes to the hobby.