Johnny Winter RIP

One of the greatest blues guitarists of all times left this world today in Switzerland.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...land/12771833/

He was one of my boyhood heroes because of his skills. RIP old friend.
Great bluesman! Will be missed by many.
One of the first concerts I saw. At the Bijou Theatre in Knoxville, Tennessee. He tore it up.
As a teen i wore the groves outta this album.......saw him live at Filmore East.......................

A pioneer in bringing deep southern blues to rock n roll masses..................to be followed by others....his Woodstock performance being the introduction...before there was Stevie Ray, there was Johnny Winters.

Enjoy. Rock On JW
Amen, thanks for the woodstock clip.
In 1968 saw JW in a small club in downtown Dallas called
The Family Circle.
Was an awesome night of incredible guitar playing.
This just before his first album came out.
Saw him at Red Rocks in Colorado many, many years ago. Him and his brother are (were) great musicians.
Texas is loosing an entire generation of great blues guitarists. First Bugs Henderson, not Johnny Winter. Of course we lost SRV way too young. Sad.
remember when i heard SRV died..i was on 377 between argyle and denton. was a sad day. and i have a vinyll of Bugs signed by the whole band...at the Prohibition Room.

as far as Johnny...i worshiped that guy. he was amazing. saw him a few times. once at the Bronco Bowl... Greg Allman opened up and Edgar was next. but Johnny just tore the place down. that motherfucker could play.

Texas is loosing an entire generation of great blues guitarists. First Bugs Henderson, not Johnny Winter. Of course we lost SRV way too young. Sad. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
SRV brings back bad days i was at the last show and had skied on the hill the chooper hit sad days in deed