This is what equity looks like.

It used to be canon that mass shooters were white men. Now, we have several incidences of black and brown men killing masses of people. Libs...you got what you wanted: EQUITY
Who cares what race any of these crazy motherfuckers are? I say when you find them after their evil acts, either let them commit suicide or law enforcement should blow their heads off because there is no need to waste resources in the judicial system with those psychos. Fuck giving them 3 hots and a cot for life and access to medical and dental. Even many law abiding citizens who have never done anything wrong don't have that luxury.

You old timers with your obsession with race even though I bet you're not even around the races you like to discuss nonstop in this forum... Cleopatra and murder with you now. I bet you're a blast at a summer barbecue. LOL

I was raised to only believe in one race - the human race and that evil acts and misery have no skin color.

Not everything has to do with politics. What happened recently in Cleveland, TX for example was just sad and a reminder about why I hate having neighbors and plan on buying a big ranch soon so I'll have none to annoy me.
Minorities have always led the pack in mass shootings. That's because they tend to spray and pray at gatherings of opposing gang members.

Sailers dictum is that if the dead outnumber the wounded - it's a white shooter. If the wounded outnumber the dead - it's a minority shooter.

Aiming is a White supremacist idea.
What happened recently in Cleveland, TX for example was just sad and a reminder about why I hate having neighbors and plan on buying a big ranch soon so I'll have none to annoy me. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
So you are a RAYCISS because you don't want minorities living near you.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
The left has been all about race for years despite the preening of Luke. Me! I'm calling out equity, not race and pointing out that the left is getting what they wanted. Congrats!
its not so much "equity" that they want

its destruction

equity is another tool to use in the furtherance of that

then they will "rebuild" in their image
Lots of scared old men in this forum, as opposed to the downright stupids from a while back. Scared because someone doesn't look like you, doesn't speak like you, doesn't worship like you...all while missing the fact that your fears are not prevalent in (most) young people. You know those that will be around and running things long after we're dust. There are good and bad people of all colors, sexes and religions. America is far behind virtually every developed nation at realizing diversity isn't the bane of humanity.
  • Tiny
  • 05-04-2023, 12:50 PM
America is far behind virtually every developed nation at realizing diversity isn't the bane of humanity. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
I respectfully don't agree. Japan is much worse than the USA. And Europe and Australia from my experience are about the same as the USA.
The left has been all about race for years despite the preening of Luke. Me! I'm calling out equity, not race and pointing out that the left is getting what they wanted. Congrats! Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
I'm not a part of the left, but the first mass shooting I knew occurred was when I was still a kid. He was Colin Ferguson: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_L..._Road_shooting

Mass shootings were extremely rare then, but sadly, not so rare now.
America is far behind virtually every developed nation at realizing diversity isn't the bane of humanity. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
Riiightt!

You even made Danny Glover crack up with that one...

I guess that's why they call us the "melting pot", eh 69er?

And I guess that's why 94% of Americans approve of inter-racial marriage, eh 69er?

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2915303

Them Yankee Doodlers must be really really really skeeered of diversity!

BAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Mark Essex, 1973, New Orleans https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Essex

Black nationalist kills nine and wounds 12.

Charles Whitman, 1961, University of Austin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

Brain tumor and prescription drug usage, kills 16.

No dead but my brother's third grade class had a shooter. An emotionally damaged young man fired his father's .38 caliber revolver at a popular teacher six times. Missed every time and he was spirited away from town to never be heard of again. It was 1970.
I respectfully don't agree. Japan is much worse than the USA. And Europe and Australia from my experience are about the same as the USA. Originally Posted by Tiny

I don't disagree with parts of this, Japan is an outlier, in fact large parts of Asia. History and culture are embedded in every aspect of life there. Don't forget a blink in time (80 years) ago they didn't believe Americans were equal as human beings and treated our soldiers as such.

Today, they still highly value, history, family, tradidtion, etc...but they have (IMHO) more and faster than America advanced. They are also probably in the top 5 countries with the highest sucide rate, and "happy rating" if such a metric exists, despite the advancement. So I'm not sure it's fair to compare the country of hope and freedom to them, but I get and respect your comment.

I'm not that familiar with Australia so I will defer on that, Europe I would say is ahead of us. Sure there are ethnic and other "groupings" there, but in general I feel they are much more open to diversity.
Quotas.Yeah baby. That's what we are really talking about.

Look, I've worked with people all over the country and planet for years, using phone, video, email, text and in person. I look for only one thing in all of those interactions - whether they have a clue, aka the requisite skills for their role. I also sniff around for hidden agendas, but that's just me. Point being, in most cases I would have absolutely no clue what their ethnicity, racial tribe or DNA strings from whence they spring was from via email or even phone most times and frankly, it wouldn't much matter anyway.

Main point I'm driving to is there is a lot of munging together of definitive words that are not meant to be munged, but are used to mask real intentions. As I see it, at the heart of it all, is do people have an equal opportunity to have a clue, because they have a clue or are they awarded or bestowed a clue because of pandering to them, because, you know, they just aren't all that sharp so we have to help them blow their nose and wipe their bums and give them reparations because their DNA just really kind of sucks. Seriously?!?

Soon we may get the noose to hang DEI and ESG from the Supreme Court and ironically enough, it may spring from the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Go figure?!?
DEI, ESG and preparing for the Supreme Court ruling on race-based decision-making

May 3, 2023 - As we await the U.S. Supreme Court's decisions addressing affirmative action in college admissions programs, employers should contemplate how this decision may impact their diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) commitments. Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. University of North Carolina, Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. v. President & Fellows of Harvard College.

While employer initiatives are subject to a different legal framework than the educational admissions programs challenged in these cases, we expect that the Court's decision may have broad-reaching implications across various civil rights laws, including those that impact workplace DEI efforts. As we wait for the Court's opinions, there are steps that employers can take now to best position their DEI programs for future success.

The two cases pending before the Court were filed in 2014 by the Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. (SFFA) and challenge the use of race as a factor in admissions by Harvard University (Harvard) and the University of North Carolina (UNC).

SFFA alleges that the use of race in the universities' admissions programs violates Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, and national origin in any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance) and/or the Equal Protection and Due Process clauses of the U.S. Constitution (which prohibit federal and state governments from discriminating on the basis of race except when furthering a compelling government interest and using the least restrictive means available).

Harvard and UNC — along with most colleges and universities — are subject to Title VI because they receive federal financial assistance, such as research grants and federal student aid. UNC and other state universities are also subject to the limits imposed by the U.S. Constitution because they are state actors...
Side Note: Did ya catch the bit about "Strings Attached" in the last paragraph? Once you takes the money from Mr. Gubmint - he owns you...
Lots of scared old men in this forum, as opposed to the downright stupids from a while back. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
At least the Right has changed... your ilk have just stayed downright stupid.

Scared because someone doesn't look like you, doesn't speak like you, doesn't worship like you... Originally Posted by 69in2it69
You're not very well informed. See the problem that most White folks have with diversity is that there is absolutely ZERO proof that diversity makes anything better. Zero, none, nada. Has diversity in schools improved education? for anyone? Do diverse neighborhoods have lower crime rates? Only Whites are stupid enough to believe that the people replacing you hold your values. That's really the whole problem. It's not about skin color it's about values.

all while missing the fact that your fears are not prevalent in (most) young people. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
And what do all young people have in common? Lack of worldly experience. They'll figure it out on their own even despite an indoctrination system that will try to make them feel guilty about the achievements of Western Civilization.

Fools like you are happy to see Western Civilization fall while never thinking about what is going to replace it. I myself give little care about living in a police state. I'm old enough to avoid issues... but I'd really prefer if my kids didn't have to live in a nation where saying the wrong thing will destroy their lives and careers. Tyranny isn't something I want for my kids or grandkids.

You know those that will be around and running things long after we're dust. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
The same ones that will never know what a truly free society was like.

There are good and bad people of all colors, sexes and religions. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
You will be awarded your Master of the Obvious certificate. It should arrive in the mail in the next 4=6 weeks.

Really? Which enlightened nations are you referring to that have diverse racial, religious, and cultural values and enjoys peace and prosperity?
  • Tiny
  • 05-05-2023, 11:31 AM
I'm not that familiar with Australia so I will defer on that, Europe I would say is ahead of us. Sure there are ethnic and other "groupings" there, but in general I feel they are much more open to diversity. Originally Posted by 69in2it69
Fair enough. The commentary here on racism in various European countries is interesting,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Europe

For example, you'd think Denmark would be pretty tolerant, but "29% are intolerant of black people, Jews, Muslims, Romas or gays. 72% rated Romas as "totally negative". In 2014 it was reported that Adoptees with foreign background are often racially abused. Young non-ethnic Danes have complained that some police officers have acted in a racist manner."

As you know, there's huge variation in acceptance of diversity among individuals and communities in the USA and Europe.

I do suspect on average the Western Europeans are ahead of us in acceptance of LGBTQ people. That's not to say Americans aren't getting better on that score too. For example, here on eccie, people may argue with TS Winn Dixie and TS Mokies about political positions, but all are very accepting of their chosen lifestyles.